Does calling a position entitle you to it?

#11spartanreborn1Posted 1/4/2013 11:56:21 AM
I'm asking this seriously because I don't know the answer. It seems like a lot of people during champ selection will raise hell over who called the position first, or that calling it doesn't matter, etc.

Look. I don't know about you, but when I'm in the donut shop and I see there's only one jelly donut left, I don't care if I'm the fifth person in line to order. I just say "JELLY DONUT" and that reserves my right to it. If someone ahead of me buys that jelly donut after I call it, I'm calling the cops.

At which point, I order said jelly donut just to piss of the idiot behind me who thinks he has priority over me.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/spartanreborn
#12tweakerlimePosted 1/4/2013 11:57:58 AM
I dont know how calling a position ever became the norm. Simply put, it is SOOOOOO dumb. Spamming quickly in chat should never be the determining factor.

Riot really needs to make this clear(er).
---
xbox live gt: Tweekerlime
#13LawlerlawlPosted 1/4/2013 11:59:33 AM
I've played close to 40 ranked games this season, and I went mid every single time. Rarely is there a ruckus about it. I'm only 1300 elo though, so w/e
---
Play Knytt Underground right now, seriously.
#14CarbunkleFluxPosted 1/4/2013 12:01:55 PM
Chances are if you don't, the other people rushing to call the position do. You can't really win the crappy minigame called champion select in Summoner's Rift.
---
"Live and Learn! You may never find your way..."
#15WayWardFelixPosted 1/4/2013 12:03:56 PM
tweakerlime posted...
I dont know how calling a position ever became the norm. Simply put, it is SOOOOOO dumb. Spamming quickly in chat should never be the determining factor.

Riot really needs to make this clear(er).

Kinda but not really .It's More so people Should Just stop being petty.
---
I like this sig (._. )
#16KeepItCivilPosted 1/4/2013 12:04:30 PM
I'm asking this seriously because I don't know the answer. It seems like a lot of people during champ selection will raise hell over who called the position first, or that calling it doesn't matter, etc.

Look. I don't know about you, but when I'm in the donut shop and I see there's only one jelly donut left, I don't care if I'm the fifth person in line to order. I just say "JELLY DONUT" and that reserves my right to it. If someone ahead of me buys that jelly donut after I call it, I'm calling the cops.

At which point, I order said jelly donut just to piss of the idiot behind me who thinks he has priority over me.

Meanwhile, Jerk City... is under attack from a giant ant!
---
Kill dangerous wildlife and wear it as a hat.
#17DartDragoonPosted 1/4/2013 12:06:10 PM
I like it better when people call it instead of insta-locking.

So yeah, I don't mind when people call it first. If they do, I usually just play something else and that's it.

You're a douche and like drama if you do otherwise.
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4: Vega BB: Arakune MK: Sindel UMvC3: TaskMstr / Haggar / Trish
#18crondizzlePosted 1/4/2013 12:08:12 PM
Lord Grahf posted...

This.
#19gaara999999Posted 1/4/2013 12:12:23 PM
Calling to a position doesn't entitle you to it, but it's better to call out your preferred roles, that way everyone has higher chances of getting the roles they like.
---
Your Existance is a plothole - Kaiolini
You aren't on YouTube so this makes your topic not real so hurhurhur. -Drekerr
#20PKMNsonyPosted 1/4/2013 12:14:01 PM
No, and it shouldn't.