Support Galio. Yay or Nay?

#1KaosShadowPosted 1/4/2013 2:52:07 PM
Yay or Nay - Results (49 votes)
Yay
30.61% (15 votes)
Nay
69.39% (34 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've just tried one game with him and was quite sucesseful, he can't actually shield anyone but can raise their AR and MR quite a few levels while healing himself in the process, he can slow/deal good AOE and raise MS/poke at a long distance, his ult is also AWESOME in team fights and a guaranteed kill in laning phase as soon as you hit level 6. He can also buld some MR (like twin shadows) and still gain AP.

So yeah he belongs in a kill lane and can't actually heal or shield anyone excpet himself. But hey, neither can Blitz and he's considered a good support, but I never even heard about a Support Galio.

So, what do you think?
#2xDarknezzxPosted 1/4/2013 2:53:05 PM
no
support galio is terrible
#3Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 1/4/2013 2:59:41 PM
it works for me
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#4XcaIIionPosted 1/4/2013 3:00:15 PM
supports are characters that do not need gold to do well all game. you are correct in that support galio can do well in the laning phase and i do not doubt that you could get some wins with him, but in most of your games with him you will find that:

you are running out of mana a lot
you are not tanky enough to even think about ulting the enemy team late game
you do no damage past 20 minutes

tl;dr it can work, but it oftentimes wont.
---
Ahri is mai waifu
Join the glorius evolution!
#5PKMNsonyPosted 1/4/2013 3:03:21 PM
His utility is bad except for his ult, which can easily be countered. And as a support you won't have enough damage to utilize his skills during team fights.
#6SirDanieIPosted 1/4/2013 3:03:25 PM
XcaIIion posted...
supports are characters that do not need gold to do well all game. you are correct in that support galio can do well in the laning phase and i do not doubt that you could get some wins with him, but in most of your games with him you will find that:

you are running out of mana a lot
you are not tanky enough to even think about ulting the enemy team late game
you do no damage past 20 minutes

tl;dr it can work, but it oftentimes wont.

50 Percent damage reductioin as well as 90 armor and magic resist buff; Your tanky enough to ult
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#7ssupermario92Posted 1/4/2013 3:06:11 PM
he's just like karma, it says they can be support, but they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better mid
---
Super Mario Bros. 3 is better then Super Mario World
People who agree: 37 PM if you think so as well
#8TomorrowDogPosted 1/4/2013 3:13:27 PM
It is functional, maybe better now in the new season with better item choices. His eye lazerz hit hard early if you can land them.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#9SoIldSnlvyPosted 1/4/2013 3:24:10 PM
He's easily one of the best non-conventional supports there are, but he's kind of slow and squishy when he doesn't get access to farm and kills and his mana costs are notoriously high.
---
Official and Original Mountain-Eating Goddamn Aggron of the Black/White Boards
AKA Ninjaluffy/ Minecraft Name: Anaven
#10eco masterPosted 1/4/2013 3:25:05 PM
So yeah he belongs in a kill lane

Stop this instantly.

Nobody is forced to go anywhere.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain