Role check ??

#1blakmogPosted 1/4/2013 5:51:27 PM
So as a WoW player , how do you feel about role check

What i mean by this, is, you chose your role , top, mid, supp , etc

Now i tell you this, i am sick of going blind pick , and all i see is spam,

TOP TOP TOP

MID !!!111!!

MIID !!!11

I called mid 1st so i'm obviously mid, there is no question if you challenge me i troll !!11

Indeed, a common state you meet, would this role check make the community better ?

I think it would be nice in two ways ,

1) you get, what you have mastered to carry the game (in a fair good, doing your part way)

and 2) less troll omg im stuck doing it this way

I know my views are nothing and riot won't listen AND it will go the Wow way of jungle and support get faster que, but how are your views none the less.

(no flame needed, support the Wow way even though it may not be for the best but you get what you paid for, in this case not maybe what you paid for but for what you paid ip/rp for an thus paid for is indeed your time /20 min surr)
---
: PSN : Blackmog : PLAYING : WoW - DIABLO III :
: Best game ever : DEMON'S SOULS (>^^)>
#2B01tPosted 1/4/2013 5:52:37 PM
the problem is, a lot of roles are far more popular than others; their popularity is uneven, so matchmaking would take a LUDICROUS (yes i used it!) amount of time.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#3blakmog(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 5:54:03 PM
I did say jungle and supp would be more common on this
---
#4Savra104Posted 1/4/2013 5:55:48 PM
This being given its own Normal mode would be an interesting way to test the waters and see how effective it is/can be for players. I imagine that supports would get games easily. Very easily. Like...breathing easily.
#5blakmog(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 5:56:27 PM
And the point of POPULAR roles is the problem with crap matches , cause people go in, blind pick, wanting the popular role, thus troll matches
---
#6blakmog(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 5:58:05 PM
Savra104 posted...
This being given its own Normal mode would be an interesting way to test the waters and see how effective it is/can be for players. I imagine that supports would get games easily. Very easily. Like...breathing easily.

Indeed, but a good way, anyone can play supp, and a supp CAN win a game, (wards) see what i mean here (wards save lives)
---
#7braiel91Posted 1/4/2013 5:59:38 PM
the main issue would be the absolutely ridiculous queue times unless they allowed you to choose multiple roles like wow does and even then a fair few would pick w/e gets them into a game fastest with no intention of filling that role just like in wow
#8blakmog(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 6:01:55 PM
I do realise the problems here though, ezreal can go mid etc but if you do your part,

without que dodge

This could work for the best especially in ranked
---
#9eco masterPosted 1/4/2013 6:05:16 PM(edited)
Top, Mid, and Bottom aren't roles, they are lane assignments. For this to work, you'd have to call actual roles, such as Ranged AD Carry, Melee AD Carry, AP Carry, Assassin, Bruiser, Jungler, Support, and so forth. You have more than five roles, and only five people, and seeing as there are many, many different role compositions that can be very successful, it would be absurd to assume that each game needs one of five "special" roles.

Not every role is in every game. That's not possible.

even then a fair few would pick w/e gets them into a game fastest with no intention of filling that role just like in wow

This, too. You want to play a popular role? Pick a less popular role to enter queue, then ignore that and pick the role you wanted. Unless you want to make following your role part of the rules users have to abide by, in which case, how do you even decide that? Supports can build AP, Gangplank can buy every GP/10, so forth, so items can't determine a role. Then, remember that lanes do not determine a role, either. There's no way to track this thing reliably, so it'd be really easy to game the system.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#10blakmog(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 6:08:24 PM
even as a differant game type / standard game type (blind play)

would be fun for practice, for example PROS

Hue hue yeh do this in your spare time

indeed, i have seen broken meta beat high elo
---