why does everyone pretend support is fun?

#21AlastreonPosted 1/4/2013 7:12:41 PM
jepaan posted...
MizunoRyuu posted...
I like supporting good ADCs, but not the ones who insist on taking ignite and forcing you to get heal, then complain that you didn't take a crappy non-support like Blitz, Ali or Nunu, claiming they're "strong".

You do know that support is "supposed" to take heal, right?

Flash exhuast derp
---
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1762-2827-4556
#22Fenrir the WolfPosted 1/4/2013 7:20:11 PM
Hence the quotation marks around supposed. The spell is designed to be support oriented with the changes in S3, even if it's not favored by the current meta.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#23the_rowanPosted 1/4/2013 7:45:49 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...
Some of us liked playing Cleric in D&D. I guess it's a similar mindset. I love support in all games.

Cleric is more like AP Lulu or Zilean than a support though. You still kick ass on your own and get to be as strong as everyone else--you just have abilities in your kit that are meant for casting on allies.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#24shadow_sonic111Posted 1/4/2013 7:47:28 PM
If I have to, I support, otherwise I want to play a role which has a more direct impact without someone else needing to have competence.

In solo queue, you are the only reliable player.
---
LoL IGN: Evoker
#25LOLganPosted 1/4/2013 8:01:30 PM
different strokes for different folks
#26Pulsian_PioneerPosted 1/4/2013 8:06:20 PM
Supporting is as fun as the amount of support champions you have.

For example taking Janna everytime gets boring. But being able to choose between Nami and Lulu and Janna mixes things up.
---
In space, no one can hear you rage.
#27GevaudenPosted 1/4/2013 8:17:22 PM
poor TC you put yourself out there as that guy........sad

Supporting can be fun, it's another way of playing and when u think about it you carry the game by making your teammates as good as u can make them.

Yes it hurts when ur teammates fail but it happens get over it.
---
Don't you ever question my motives
#28YordlePosted 1/4/2013 8:19:02 PM
It can be. Play stuff like Nidalee or Elise support.
---
LoL Ign: Halilintar
http://www.twitch.tv/haiistormlol
#29BhelliumPosted 1/4/2013 8:20:42 PM
it's very relaxing setting up others for last hits instead of yourself
---
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit-Mark Twain
Mark Twain is the most misquoted man of all time- Benjamin Disraeli
#30Is_CorruptedPosted 1/4/2013 8:28:18 PM
Support is fun. You do more than sitting there CSing waiting for ganks and trading. It's your job to win the vision war (if you ignore it you're a baddie) while trading hits and trying to setup kills.

Most crappy support players I've seen, mostly Tarics, camp only one bush, they don't ward the other. They run off and land their stun expecting a follow-up while the minion wave is almost at his AD's tower, or while the AD is quite far behind. They tend to blame the carry, and often I've seen them use their shatter right after their stun in such engagement, ensuring they don't have bonus armor to tank the incoming CC and damage.

If trading and winning the vision war wasn't enough on top of being aware of ganks, you need to adapt to your new carry every game. They all play differently and signs that your usual friend has that shows he'll go in, they may not have. Some carries will roam a little bit, go for the blue buff steal or just clear a wave, go beat golems and repeat with some harass weirdly placed in there.
---
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon