why does everyone pretend support is fun?

#41USFPosted 1/4/2013 11:02:21 PM
I enjoy playing support only when the ADC is a friend that's playing, otherwise I dislike it. Support is the role I ignored for the longest time, then played a few games with a buddy of mine who was the ADC and had a blast. Went on a support buying spree and I love playing Leona, Alistar, Lulu, Sona, Zyra. These have become my 5 main supports.

Support is a great role, also allows me to relax and watch the game.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed 3, LoL, Anno 2070, Xcom: Enemy Unknown.
#42EnclosurePosted 1/4/2013 11:03:55 PM
How fun support is is directly proportional to how good your ADC is.
---
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1678/87591610.jpg
#43shadyelfPosted 1/4/2013 11:09:54 PM
It's fun if you're with a friend or if the laner follows up on your plays. Support Nunu, who doesn't seem like a fun champ is actually pretty great when your ADC realizes he will win almost every trade (except for some reason against Lulu).

I had the misfortune of playing with an Ezreal who just last hitted. Never engaged or harassed and had the nerve to blame me for doing nothing as support Nunu when my supporting hinges on him fighting.
---
?
#44BiglabronPosted 1/4/2013 11:20:42 PM(edited)
I know this is odd but try it.

When champ select pops up, Don't call anything.

Now wherever your turn to pick is, take your time and see what you would like to play.

Pick that champion for a role that is not taken.

/success

You don't always have to call mid/top on a macro with your dedicated champ. If you are good enough mechanically you most likely will at least not lose lane.

If you have to play only top/mid with 1 or 2 champions to succeed I highly suggest you practicing more in your general mechanics and then diverge into more champion choices.

If you only play top/mid with only 1 to 2 champions your mechanics most likely blow hard and the champion is carrying you, its not skill.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#45GGAGAHCPosted 1/4/2013 11:41:25 PM
peach_vs_faIco posted...
I would rather support than jungle

Much, much less pressure

Agreed. Just as exciting but not even close to the amount of pressure that junglers get.
---
c|(:B)--|--<
Howdy ya'll!
#46crondizzle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 4:44:04 AM
its funny because all these replies prove my point.

If everyone enjoys support, why is there always rage/arguments at the character select screen? Why does NO ONE call support? The whole reason there are dodges and "role calling" is because NO ONE WANTS TO SUPPORT.

you're all liars. just admit support is boring, stop being fanboys.
#47AK47plzPosted 1/5/2013 5:18:59 AM
I'm an adc main, and for the most part supports are really awful in solo queue. Getting hit by every skillshot, being overly aggressive so we get ganked, not warding the right places, etc. It's really really frustrating.
---
terran
#48crondizzle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 6:52:09 AM
AK47plz posted...
I'm an adc main, and for the most part supports are really awful in solo queue. Getting hit by every skillshot, being overly aggressive so we get ganked, not warding the right places, etc. It's really really frustrating.

That's because playing support makes you so bored, you want to do stuff just to have SOMETHING to do... And you end up making mistakes
#49gaara999999Posted 1/5/2013 7:03:43 AM
Why does NO ONE call support? The whole reason there are dodges and "role calling" is because NO ONE WANTS TO SUPPORT.

There are people who call support. Also, the reason there is role calling is because people have few roles (including support) which they want to play. They don't want to end up with other roles if they can.

When champ select pops up, Don't call anything.

It's really selfish to not call any roles. It would make soloQ much simpler if everyone would always call their 2-3 best roles, that way it's more likely that everyone can play a role they like (which leads to happier players, which leads to more wins)
---
Your Existance is a plothole - Kaiolini
You aren't on YouTube so this makes your topic not real so hurhurhur. -Drekerr
#50Black_AssassinPosted 1/5/2013 7:15:33 AM
crondizzle posted...
If everyone enjoys support, why is there always rage/arguments at the character select screen? Why does NO ONE call support? The whole reason there are dodges and "role calling" is because NO ONE WANTS TO SUPPORT.

Because your elo is low.