Why do tournament players build warmogs on ADCs?

#1SirDanieIPosted 1/5/2013 3:07:16 AM
I see it quite often; I've seen it in IPL5 and in another recent tourney.
I don't see too much benefits of it over GA, Banshees or QSS
---
23/11/12 Me: WTF Why do you have 6 boots?
NoobElise: Aren't I a spider?
#2albinojakoPosted 1/5/2013 3:10:35 AM
Because more health looks intimidating?
Because its easier to fit in a single slot instead of two resistances?
Because it gives some nice sustain and unless you have over 3k health already it outweighs the boost from Guardian Angel?

I have no clue really but these came to mind.
---
Not Changing this until there is a barrel roll move in Pokemon. Started 25/9/2010
http://tinyurl.com/bls9z3e
#3aryanbrarPosted 1/5/2013 3:13:37 AM
simple answer is too give much much higher survivability.
adcs can be 2 shotted late game with cc, chain cc any dumb adc caught and kill them right away. death of adc = loss of dps.
with warmog they won't be getting 2 shotted and can escape.
#4BhelliumPosted 1/5/2013 3:13:41 AM
1000 health is enough to shut down several assassin's bursts
---
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit-Mark Twain
Mark Twain is the most misquoted man of all time- Benjamin Disraeli
#5SirDanieI(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 3:15:15 AM
aryanbrar posted...
chain cc any dumb adc caught

But these Adc's are the best in the world; they will always be positioned well
---
#6BhelliumPosted 1/5/2013 3:17:36 AM
SirDanieI posted...
aryanbrar posted...
chain cc any dumb adc caught

But these Adc's are the best in the world; they will always be positioned well

and their opponents will be as well
---
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit-Mark Twain
Mark Twain is the most misquoted man of all time- Benjamin Disraeli
#7SirDanieI(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 3:19:38 AM
Hmm alright then. Considering some pros are doing why aren't the sheep following and building warmogs?
---
#8DoctorEggmanPosted 1/5/2013 3:21:23 AM
1K Heath is a sizable amount. Sometimes you just need to survive burst and a GA won't cut it.
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
http://imgur.com/n8yh1
#9g-cube_mastaPosted 1/5/2013 3:31:16 AM
Hmm alright then. Considering some pros are doing why aren't the sheep following and building warmogs?

Because warmog's as your defensive item is a situational decision and sheep stick to the build listed in the guide (even if the guide says to build situationally).

The only time I would get warmog's as an AD carry is either vs. a poke comp or vs assassins.

Vs. Assassins they still have enough damage to kill you, more than enough really, but with Warmog's you get enough health so that they can't reasonably kill you within 1 rotation of their cooldowns.

When it comes to assassins, all they can afford is 1 rotation before they need to disengage or die. A lot of the time their disengage is based on getting a reset and this also prevents that.

Vs. poke comps, they generally have bad teamfighting (AP Nid, AP TF etc.,) so it makes you more durable when a fight does break out.

When in turret sieging situatons the health let's you eat poke better and the regen helps you sustain back up from the poke.

In general having more health also gives your team that extra second of survivability for Zilean to ult you or Soraka to ult etc.,
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#10Black_AssassinPosted 1/5/2013 4:25:02 AM
SirDanieI posted...

I'll quote this from some older topic:
...basically, low Elo is a time machine. It's a facet, an area, a realm of League that is literally stuck in the past. Everything done in low Elo was actually done by good players anywhere from 6 months to a year to 2 years ago - depending on how low you go.