Huh. Am I the only one who uses all 4 fingers for QWER?

#61DoomikaziPosted 1/5/2013 2:32:07 PM
I bound all my keys to my mouse so I only use my thumb. Left hand just controls camera.
---
Looks like Rudolph's got Chronic Wasting Disease. I don't think he's going to make it to Christmas this year.
#62hotshotgamesPosted 1/5/2013 2:49:24 PM
I go four fingers across QWER.

never missed a Q yet
---
Apple>Nintendo>Steam>Playstation>Google>Microsoft>Origin
Own: Wii, DS, iPod Touch, Computer
#63iXCelticXiPosted 1/5/2013 2:50:52 PM
Posting in secret guitar brag thread.

Also, I use my pinky on shift for smart casting (ex:shift + Q) even though I smart cast more than standard. And I unbound shift click for A-move and bound A-move to a side button on my mouse. Makes for very snazzy orb walking.
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#64iXCelticXiPosted 1/5/2013 2:55:31 PM
Darkemaste posted...
The whole thing about "ctrl" is that it is used to quick-lvl a specific ability by pressing the appropriate/assigned button while holding "ctrl".

Something that at most is only used 18 times in any given game. :p

Karthus' ult confirmed for useless. Can't use it 19 times a game.
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#65JaggiJumperPosted 1/5/2013 3:10:02 PM
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/64261130

Look at my poll.
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. But who was phone?
#66kaysa13Posted 1/5/2013 3:40:01 PM
Lord Grahf posted...
Pinky is always on shift.

Ring finger is always on A.

Middle and index are used to press QWERSDF123456.

I do that too. :)

albinorhino004 posted...
the_rowan posted...
You're a terrible ADC if you use your pinky for Q. Period.

I also don't understand this at all

Because theoretically, you lose efficiency on last-hitting minions in lane. That's why, as posted above, my ring finger is always on A.
---
This is a signature.
#67DartkunPosted 1/5/2013 4:57:48 PM(edited)
Darkemaste posted...
The whole thing about "ctrl" is that it is used to quick-lvl a specific ability by pressing the appropriate/assigned button while holding "ctrl".

Why does the amount of times used in a game matter?

I'll tell you an experience I've had.

I play Katarina and sometimes when I know I'll level up in the time it takes for me to walk in range of shunpo and then shunpo. I'll actually engage at level 5. Level up right as I BB+shunpo, hit Ctrl+R then hit R. Not only does it catch people off guard since they don't expect your ultimate as you engage them. But let's just say it's a complete mirror match, we'll level up at the exact same time and we have the exact same HP. Someone who clicks to level up their Ultimate is either going to be 1) slower 2) have to move their mouse thus taking attention away from the field or 3) level up AFTER combat.

It's a small small advantage. But the game is built on taking small advantages and snowballing them.

Some say it's not necessary, but for a very small adjustment you can gain a small advantage. Why not. There is actually no advantage to manually leveling up your skills.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#68DarkemastePosted 1/5/2013 5:35:08 PM(edited)
Dartkun posted...
Darkemaste posted...

Why does the amount of times used in a game matter?

Why does it matter that I provided an extra detail on a feature that a few people on here don't even know existed?

I wasn't trying to say it's not worth it by any means, I myself always quick lvl my skills rather than clicking them. It's just that I was only trying to point out it's not that much of an inconvenience for the pinky people who use their thumb for it. (think of the rotation/movement)

Like myself before I messed with the settings/bindings and my mouse buttons, which is why I gave props to the guy that said he used his palm to hit "ctrl" instead.

Edit~ Oh, and I'm sorry about not mentioning an exception for a champ I never used. I did not mean to offend you. :s
---
Common sense seems to be more uncommon.
#69NessosinPosted 1/5/2013 6:03:47 PM
I used to use 4 fingers but then I switched to 3 fingers with my pinky hitting shift for shift clicking attack move.
#70iluvaznchixPosted 1/5/2013 6:10:41 PM
i only use my thumb
---
whatever ridiculousness i've just posted, i swear to you, i'm not on drugs
XBL GT: i luv azn chix: PSN: iluvaznchix : @iluvaznchix