How to deal with Rumble?

#1steamwr4pPosted 1/5/2013 10:56:14 AM
I've only played against this guy 2 times in lane, and i've been stomped every time.

First time i was Riven, and i simply couldn't out-trade him. I was 3 while he was 5, and at the end of the laning phase i ended up with 0/5 or smth like that.

Next game i was Ezreal mid, against him. I outpoked him earlier levels, but once he reached 5-6 i started to get **** on.

So what do i do against this guy?
---
Official Advanced Lawnmower
Stay away from Lux. She's useless.
#2luigi33Posted 1/5/2013 11:03:16 AM
You don't.
---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 560ti]
#3funkys-flightsPosted 1/5/2013 11:03:51 AM
know that when overheating, his autos get a huge ap bonus, so even when silenced he is still dangerous

do your best to trade with him at white meter, yellow meter his attacks get bonus damage. post 6 it's best not to fight him because his ult can turn a fight or even a gank into a double kill
---
................ ~...............
anoche sone contigo ;)
#4profDEADPOOLPosted 1/5/2013 11:08:51 AM(edited)
you have to beat him before he hits 4. Otherwise lol gg(in lane at least).

Or get fed off of his probably fail other teammates.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, Cable & X-force, JLD, and Batwing
#5steamwr4p(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 3:03:14 PM
bump
---
Official Advanced Lawnmower
Stay away from Lux. She's useless.
#6ssj98_gotenksPosted 1/5/2013 3:03:38 PM
You don't.

---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.imgur.com/c5KAL.gif
#7BondedByBloodPosted 1/5/2013 3:03:48 PM
ssj98_gotenks posted...
You don't.

---
http://www.metal-archives.com/images/6/6/6/666.jpg?1417
#8LithspPosted 1/5/2013 3:41:32 PM(edited)
Voli absolutely stomps Rumble. He can't get a full flamespitter on you because of your Q, and his crappy skill shot slow is easy to dodge, but not only that, it's just not enough to keep you out of his face.

Hide behind minions, when you get an opening, rush him and make him wish he went mid. Your Q and W will seriously give him a hard time.

Not to mention, you wind up too tanky for him to take down eventually, and you can 1v1 him easily with your passive.

I feel like I've hard countered Rumble every time I've chose Voli.. also, Voli can easily roam mid as well, and annoy their jungler by taking their creeps. Counter jungling feels easy on Voli because you ramp your W up on the creeps, jungler comes, bam. Wut.
---
[]Signature[]
#9professor xPosted 1/5/2013 7:46:46 PM
How does Riven lose to Rumble? She should trade very evenly with him assuming you know how to read cooldowns and play accordingly. Just get a full MR page except AD reds and its easy.
---
Reality is defined by your imagination, the catch is to convince yourself what is and what is not.
#10Gun SagePosted 1/5/2013 8:03:09 PM
Lithsp posted...
Voli absolutely stomps Rumble. He can't get a full flamespitter on you because of your Q, and his crappy skill shot slow is easy to dodge, but not only that, it's just not enough to keep you out of his face.

Hide behind minions, when you get an opening, rush him and make him wish he went mid. Your Q and W will seriously give him a hard time.

Not to mention, you wind up too tanky for him to take down eventually, and you can 1v1 him easily with your passive.

I feel like I've hard countered Rumble every time I've chose Voli.. also, Voli can easily roam mid as well, and annoy their jungler by taking their creeps. Counter jungling feels easy on Voli because you ramp your W up on the creeps, jungler comes, bam. Wut.

His Harpoon, the E, is a double-tap slow. Hiding behind creeps is the only real counter to it, and if you're just hiding behind creeps all game he can farm at leisure. otherwise, he's gonna have more pushing power than you by default, so that only works so long as he doesn't just clear a wave then chase you back to your turret with flamespitter, or kite away from you when you engage. Rumble's best feature is his ability to chase and kite with such success. Plus, ignite counters voli's passive, and he can just poke you down to proc your passive, then go all in on you once it's done.
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!