does poppy suck in high elo?

#1ShadyDudePosted 1/5/2013 3:41:23 PM
i'm having so much trouble just fighting lame darius right now..
#2nyhustler208Posted 1/5/2013 3:45:02 PM
poppy is all about match ups, darius beats her because of his ultimate can eat through your passive.... but normally poppy can win vs any bruiser in the game b/c of her passive.

she has trouble vs ranged champs during lane phase too
---
"Let me demonstrate Hammer Diplomacy!" - POPPY
I have sex with yordles... Is it blasphemy?
#3flaminglinkPosted 1/5/2013 3:51:41 PM
Poppy just sucks in lane period
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/204819.png http://raptr.com/badge/Mistilteinn/fs_lastplayed.png
#4ShadyDude(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 3:58:34 PM
wow not fair that passive doesn't work vs his ult
#5thecrossnkightPosted 1/5/2013 3:59:40 PM
Poppy can handle anyone who doesn't have range + kiting mechanics, or true damage.

She was my favorite to go against jayce back when he was stupidly strong because her passive took huge chunks out of his burst and I could tank through his harass. Once I hit 6 he couldn't afford to play recklessly because a single stun charge and he'd die.
---
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.
#6ShadyDude(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 4:01:51 PM
oh wow, so what's a good skill order / build?

right now i went ice born guantlet to maw of mal but i was getting owned so it was slow & not that cool

also i started w but max q - e - w

how should it be?
#7thecrossnkightPosted 1/5/2013 4:12:08 PM
Skill build is right.

Ideally, you want two rune pages. One AD reds + rest armor. The other AD reds, AR yellows, MR blues, HP5 Quints. Otherwise a basic ADC page works if you're page cramped.
I would go

flask + 5+2
Philo
boots + sheen
Godfist
QSS/reverie
reverie/Qss
Situational
mercurial scimitar.

Situational item can be any of the following
Gunblade -> Seriously improves damage and sustain, good if you have strong initiation.
DFG -> If enemy team has a priority target that needs to die very badly. If you DFG + Ult something, it'll die.
LW or Void -> if there's serious armor or MR stacking going on, these shouldn't be used often, and priority should go to void.
Randuins -> if enemy ADC is vayne or you just feel the need to generally be tankier.

You could also play around with getting a kages after sheen and turning it into a shard or twin shadows. Both seem to have mild potential on poppy, not sure if their worth it though.
---
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.