does poppy suck in high elo?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. does poppy suck in high elo?
3 years ago#1
i'm having so much trouble just fighting lame darius right now..
3 years ago#2
poppy is all about match ups, darius beats her because of his ultimate can eat through your passive.... but normally poppy can win vs any bruiser in the game b/c of her passive.

she has trouble vs ranged champs during lane phase too
---
"Let me demonstrate Hammer Diplomacy!" - POPPY
I have sex with yordles... Is it blasphemy?
3 years ago#3
Poppy just sucks in lane period
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/204819.png http://raptr.com/badge/Mistilteinn/fs_lastplayed.png
3 years ago#4
wow not fair that passive doesn't work vs his ult
3 years ago#5
Poppy can handle anyone who doesn't have range + kiting mechanics, or true damage.

She was my favorite to go against jayce back when he was stupidly strong because her passive took huge chunks out of his burst and I could tank through his harass. Once I hit 6 he couldn't afford to play recklessly because a single stun charge and he'd die.
---
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.
3 years ago#6
oh wow, so what's a good skill order / build?

right now i went ice born guantlet to maw of mal but i was getting owned so it was slow & not that cool

also i started w but max q - e - w

how should it be?
3 years ago#7
Skill build is right.

Ideally, you want two rune pages. One AD reds + rest armor. The other AD reds, AR yellows, MR blues, HP5 Quints. Otherwise a basic ADC page works if you're page cramped.
I would go

flask + 5+2
Philo
boots + sheen
Godfist
QSS/reverie
reverie/Qss
Situational
mercurial scimitar.

Situational item can be any of the following
Gunblade -> Seriously improves damage and sustain, good if you have strong initiation.
DFG -> If enemy team has a priority target that needs to die very badly. If you DFG + Ult something, it'll die.
LW or Void -> if there's serious armor or MR stacking going on, these shouldn't be used often, and priority should go to void.
Randuins -> if enemy ADC is vayne or you just feel the need to generally be tankier.

You could also play around with getting a kages after sheen and turning it into a shard or twin shadows. Both seem to have mild potential on poppy, not sure if their worth it though.
---
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. does poppy suck in high elo?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived