So, how is Vi in your eyes?

#21SpacefrisianPosted 1/6/2013 2:02:37 AM
StaticPenguin posted...
Unbridled9 posted...
I don't see what could be really so hard about her. Focus on mainly attack speed and health and you'll get a super-strong bruiser who can take hits and get right up into the enemies face. I'll grant my time with her is limited, but aside from new-character woes, she seems pretty straight-forwards.

She's pretty effective with Frozen Mallet and Gauntlet.... Or least that's what I've found. The slow down is great. Give her some attack speed and she's pretty painful.

Add Black cleaver for more win.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#22dennis941012Posted 1/6/2013 2:05:49 AM
jungle
if you go top I hate you
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#23Lord GrahfPosted 1/6/2013 2:14:16 AM
If Black Cleaver isn't your first legendary tier item purchase in the majority of your games, you're bad.
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#24HyperDragonPosted 1/6/2013 2:16:54 AM
I love her, but not as top (too easy to counter pick) or jungle (very average at all areas of this role). I prefer to play her mid - she can destroy standard AP mids, but unlike an AP mid she doesn't get decimated by AD caster Assassins either. She can push a lane and gank quite effectively at 6 too. She's the best of what an AP mid and an AD Caster mid provides with neither of the weaknesses really.

As far as items/masteries/etc go I go 5/25/0 and build tanky attack speed. Usual big items are Frozen Mallet, Warmogs, Frozen Gauntlet, Wits End, Guardian Angel, Black Cleaver etc. Tanky items let you stay alive longer after the initiation and AS items let you trigger your passive more which is easily where most of your damage is.

Also it is pretty obvious but I don't see other Vi's do this, save your Q if you can for after your ultimate - R -> QQ -> E -> E is pretty brutal and will annihilate most ADCs (or at a minimum throw them out of position with the knockback) if you aren't super behind.
#25CheeseItBagginsPosted 1/6/2013 2:32:14 AM
Lord Grahf posted...
If Black Cleaver isn't your first legendary tier item purchase in the majority of your games, you're bad.

How do you build her? Been looking for a strong build to try in free week.
---
You feelin' froggy, jump.
#26Lord GrahfPosted 1/6/2013 2:49:29 AM
Lord Grahf posted...

How do you build her? Been looking for a strong build to try in free week.

See my Vi FAQ. Don't feel like typing it all out again.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/65084578
---
#27CheeseItBagginsPosted 1/6/2013 3:07:45 AM
Too much scrolling through 100+ posts. Not gonna.

http://www.lolpro.com/guides/vi/468-vi-build-guide-top-lane-by-crs-voyboy

Wildly different from your opinion. Tell me why yours is better.
---
#28Lord GrahfPosted 1/6/2013 3:34:43 AM

First response post.

What is your preferred build?

Jungle Core: Wriggles, Mercs, Brut -> Black Cleaver, Phage -> Frozen Mallet.
Jungle Situational: Shurelyas, Iceborne Gauntlet, Maw of Malmortious, Ravenous Hydra, Frozen Heart, Randuins, Last Whisper.

Mid Lane: Pretty much the same thing, except replace Wriggles with Bloodthirster.

How is this different from my opinion? He simply gets more damage for lane and then builds tankier later but he still gets Black Cleaver as first item. Many top lane matchups require you to max E first because you can't burst tankier people down with a single skill rotation and may have difficulty farming and surviving harass in general. I agree with most of this guide, but I still think top lane is just about the third best role for her, and not that great in general.
---
#29BiglabronPosted 1/6/2013 3:38:08 AM
best played mid, she has many opporunities with Q.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#30CheeseItBagginsPosted 1/6/2013 3:39:10 AM
Lord Grahf posted...

First response post.

What is your preferred build?

Jungle Core: Wriggles, Mercs, Brut -> Black Cleaver, Phage -> Frozen Mallet.
Jungle Situational: Shurelyas, Iceborne Gauntlet, Maw of Malmortious, Ravenous Hydra, Frozen Heart, Randuins, Last Whisper.

Mid Lane: Pretty much the same thing, except replace Wriggles with Bloodthirster.

How is this different from my opinion? He simply gets more damage for lane and then builds tankier later but he still gets Black Cleaver as first item. Many top lane matchups require you to max E first because you can't burst tankier people down with a single skill rotation and may have difficulty farming and surviving harass in general. I agree with most of this guide, but I still think top lane is just about the third best role for her, and not that great in general.

Thanks. What about skill orders? How do you start and what do you prioritize? I guess start with W in jungle?
---