Best Support in your opinion?

#51QuetzalmaPosted 1/9/2013 5:59:53 AM
Sona for overall good
Leona for an aggresive lane
Soraka for a passive lane
Janna for awesomeness
#52SlaynPosted 1/9/2013 6:55:00 AM
Hard to say.

Sona is my fav, she has good early game poke, a game changing ult, and her abilities are even semi useful mid/late game.

Alistar's kit, even nerfed, is just to good at protecting the adc.

Leona, dat aggressive CC. She "falls off" late game, but I mean with 40% cdr and a tanky build, she does fine. Still is going to get someone killed if she hard engages and team follows up, or just stays back and protects ADC. AOE stun is nice.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#53JonnyBigBossPosted 1/9/2013 10:27:01 AM
Soraka
---
www.gamerevolution.com
Steam & Nintendo ID: JonnyBigBoss
#54RyuForcePosted 1/9/2013 11:00:04 AM(edited)
Soraka with the right carry on her side.

Starcall: used for punishing melee with constant damage and later farming in the mid to late game.

Heal: eh, it's not the best but it gives armor.

Infuse: What's that Sivir? You don't want to level up your Q because it cost too much? Here let me fix that. Only move I know of in the game to give other people mana, thus allowing you to spam your moves all day on your opponent with no problems in lane. Oh, you don't need the mana? Okay I shall silence and weaken our enemies at the cost of nothing.

Ult Heal of Ult(forgot the name): That's a nice ult you got there, Karthus. It be a shame if something was to happen to it. Honestly works best with friends as you can pop it the moment they tell you they are about to die to try to save them. But hey, Karthus does let you know when you should cast it to protect your team.

You can argue all you want. Still be her over Tardic. no seriously, I don't know why but I can't play him to save my life. I just die, and die, and die. Still infuse alone making her a living mana battery is sweet.
---
GamerTag: DocterLuigi
If you want me as a Xbox friend, let me know your from GAMEFAQs or I will most likely not accept it.
#55TheConductorSixPosted 1/9/2013 6:41:58 PM
Distract the enemy carry...with taric...how? Why would he even pay attention to you or be in your vicinity. If taric runs at the AD carry he will get bursted instantly. He has an armor buff but hes still itemless. He has no gap closer.

Like I said, these strategies, much like Taric, only work at low elo.

If you dont believe me feel free to add me and well play a custom Game. Me and any random from this board vs you and any random. You pick taric and Ill pick Lulu. Youll see What I mean about how useless he really becomes
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#56TheConductorSixPosted 1/9/2013 7:11:53 PM
Also If you dont believe me about Nunu see the post LiftLift made on Reddit.

Nunu is the only support thats first pick first ban
---
#57VoidgolemPosted 1/9/2013 7:14:49 PM(edited)
Taric is king of soloqueue, support-wise. He might not have the best peel, but you can't deny a free pickaxe/blasting rod and cloth armor for his entire team (on top of aegis/zekes)

In arranged teams I'm more inclined to think Nunu or Sona.
---
'This guy has really mastered adventuring. City burning down, populace about to be sacrificed to god knows what...better loot everything'
#58TheConductorSixPosted 1/9/2013 7:37:24 PM
Correction taric is king of low elo sólo queue.

The peel and cc from nunu sona and lulu is far more valuable than his temporary stat boosts also, his boosts are halved for his team.
---
#59VoidgolemPosted 1/9/2013 7:38:44 PM
Correction taric is king of low elo sólo queue.

The peel and cc from nunu sona and lulu is far more valuable than his temporary stat boosts also, his boosts are halved for his team.

the halved boosts are what I'm referring to when I say pickaxe/blasting rod/cloth armor.

In regards to himself it's closer to BFSword/NLR/Chainvest(when it's not on cooldown)
---
'This guy has really mastered adventuring. City burning down, populace about to be sacrificed to god knows what...better loot everything'
#60TheConductorSixPosted 1/10/2013 12:34:51 AM
Again, taric wont.be giving those benefits to anyone but his carry since thats where hell be stationed.

Nunu gives better bonuses permanently and peels much better.
Lulu does everything. Literally everything.
Sona has AOE stun

Taric cant compete. Alistar does his job but can also initiate and straight up tank.

Hes probably the 6th best support and essentially a caitlyn counter
---