Best Support in your opinion?

#61Ravid182Posted 1/10/2013 12:38:45 AM
Taric or lulu

Taric is the total package for laning. You don't beat a good taric in lane unless you or your lanepartner is outplayed.

You may be able to counter an aggressive taric, but taric is strong vs most aggressive supports and so can fall back on keeping them safe if he can't be aggressive.

Lulu is quite good
#62MakJussPosted 1/10/2013 12:54:35 AM
TheConductorSix posted...
Again, taric wont.be giving those benefits to anyone but his carry since thats where hell be stationed.

Nunu gives better bonuses permanently and peels much better.
Lulu does everything. Literally everything.
Sona has AOE stun

Taric cant compete. Alistar does his job but can also initiate and straight up tank.

Hes probably the 6th best support and essentially a caitlyn counter

6th ?

Looking at Leona with hybrid mastery , shield and armor page start.
She cant heal but you wont trade her ADC and poking 60 armor -11 damage isnt good idea
Just deny enemy ADC so they cant buy BF fast and you can bully that lane
#63TheConductorSixPosted 1/10/2013 1:09:56 AM
Leona has many advantages over Taric. Significantly better lane when played aggressively, amazing Team fight presence both as an initiator or peel, aoe stun.

The One advantage taric has is that he can be defensive If need be.

But for low to mid elo games Id pick leona over taric everytime. More skill but much better output.

Im so sure of this fact that I believe I can carry any 1200 elo AD carry to 1500 with leona alone.
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#64TyrekeEvans13Posted 1/10/2013 1:14:32 AM
Kayle
---
The King of Kings
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9971/744sptp062727c1tyrekeem.jpg
#65MizunoRyuuPosted 1/10/2013 1:19:13 AM
Tanky supports are bleh. Try someone with nice harass like Lulu or Sona.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#66YomjosekiPosted 1/10/2013 1:32:15 AM
Taric > Lulu > Nunu > Sona
---
Every time A COP get a robber in the process, you will hear the robber say.. Stupid cop caught me. but who is really the stupid?
#67YomjosekiPosted 1/10/2013 1:33:17 AM
Leona has many advantages over Taric. Significantly better lane when played aggressively, amazing Team fight presence both as an initiator or peel, aoe stun.

The One advantage taric has is that he can be defensive If need be.

But for low to mid elo games Id pick leona over taric everytime. More skill but much better output.

Im so sure of this fact that I believe I can carry any 1200 elo AD carry to 1500 with leona alone.

Taric absolutely buttslams Leona. That's as close to a hard counter on a support as you can get. Taric welcomes Zenith Blade with open, fabulous arms.
---
Every time A COP get a robber in the process, you will hear the robber say.. Stupid cop caught me. but who is really the stupid?
#68FeatherwindPosted 1/10/2013 5:41:11 AM
Distract the enemy carry...with taric...how? Why would he even pay attention to you or be in your vicinity. If taric runs at the AD carry he will get bursted instantly. He has an armor buff but hes still itemless. He has no gap closer.

Like I said, these strategies, much like Taric, only work at low elo.

If you dont believe me feel free to add me and well play a custom Game. Me and any random from this board vs you and any random. You pick taric and Ill pick Lulu. Youll see What I mean about how useless he really becomes

As I said you aren't meant to wander in alone but in a fight the AD can't simply "burst" you without some truly insane IE luck and even if he does the opportunity cost should be that he didn't use those attacks on someone else. He doesn't have gap closer but he doesn't need one since he has his ranged stun.

As always you need to apply reason and if their team has Kennen Morgana Amumu or something then maybe you shouldn't try to go close. If your team has champs that can't initiate or go in too well like AP Nidalee you aren't supposed to get yourself killed.

I don't think Taric is the best support champion and I never said that he is. He is solid but not always needed. In fact I'd say support Nautilus (very underrated imo, I don't get why Blitz is so popular but he isn't) is the main Taric outclasser at the moment since he has more CC and fights a lot better. It's not Taric's stun that is the problem as it is very good ability.

Also If you dont believe me about Nunu see the post LiftLift made on Reddit.

Nunu is the only support thats first pick first ban

Featherwind posted...
Nunu is very strong and my favorite at the moment but he can still often lose lane/game so he isn't always the best. ... I think Nunu and Sona are supports that you should definitely use when you can but they aren't always the best and indeed often "countered".
#69TheConductorSixPosted 1/10/2013 6:17:23 PM
Again, that is bad information. Corki Leona became popular because it poops all over Taric because his W does nothing against their magicw damage.

Leona can literally walk up to Tarics carry and harass him for free. If taric uses stun they auto lose.

If any of you are having taric problems pick leona and bait taric stun then ignorehim and stomp his carry.

Again, I will pick leona against any one Heres taric. Guaranteed you dont survive lane.

As for your Nunu comments those are even worse. Nunu doesnt need to win lane. Blood boil and ice ball and Absolute zero out scale every support in Game. Its Why Nunu is broken
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch