Last pick support is good

#1Stalky24Posted 1/6/2013 10:56:18 PM(edited)
If you know how to play support, picking support after opponent is extremly beneficial, since support pick (more than ADC pick or any other pick for that matter) is about counterpicking enemy. Where on top if you get a "counter" you have harder time, but it comes down to individual skill 90% of times, but bot lane works as rock-paper-scizzors.

There are 3 types of duo-bots, mostly based on type of support, since ADCs work with in any comp (but some work in some better than others).

Poke lane (eg. Lulu, Zyra, Nunu)
Sustain lane (eg. Sona, Soraka, Taric)
All-in lane (eg. Leona, Alistar, Blitzcrank)

Rock-paper-scizzors here is:
poke>all-in
all-in>sustain
sustain>poke

Many support champions can do several types of lanes thus fighting the rock-paper-scizzors formula (Sona can play poke or sustain, Taric can kinda do all 3, hence his winrate). So that's why most of feeding happens on bot-lane in majority of games and why people fail to "carry" games when playing support.

Figuring out what lane opponent uses and how to counter it is true mastery of a support player and that's why many pro teams have one of their smartest players on support (eg. LocoDoco, Chauster, Xspecial).
#2Tony2CapPosted 1/6/2013 10:59:19 PM
finally someone makes a support topic that actually knows a thing or two about it
---
---violence, if it isn't allready solving all your problems, then you're not using enough of it---
#3Arken101Posted 1/6/2013 11:01:11 PM
I made this same topic like 6 months ago.
---
Dota2 is mai waifu
PSN/360: Maximal769
#4ssj4supervegetaPosted 1/6/2013 11:01:50 PM
isnt locodoco and chauster on the same team...
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#5RoyMaster4Posted 1/6/2013 11:04:06 PM
This is exactly how I play support. Good to know I'm doing things right.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty bad at the 'all-in' type of supports, and only decent with most sustain (Taric being the exception), so I generally have a lot of trouble with sustain lanes.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023511833
Pokemon White FC: 1420-6147-6059
#6Stalky24(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 11:07:47 PM(edited)
ssj4supervegeta posted...

Not anymore. Aphromoo is support for CLG now (lolz)

RoyMaster4 posted...
This is exactly how I play support. Good to know I'm doing things right.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty bad at the 'all-in' type of supports, and only decent with most sustain (Taric being the exception), so I generally have a lot of trouble with sustain lanes.

For me poke-lane is hardest, because I am so used to play all-in that I overcommit too many times :D
#7PKMNsonyPosted 1/6/2013 11:07:10 PM
Yeah, I read something like this way back and have been using the same approach. I play Sona as poke though, not sustain. And Taric is an all-in for sure. They both just also have the ability to sustain.
#8YomjosekiPosted 1/6/2013 11:08:30 PM
First pick Taric, win every bot lane.
---
Every time A COP get a robber in the process, you will hear the robber say.. Stupid cop caught me. but who is really the stupid?
#9TheConductorSixPosted 1/6/2013 11:08:36 PM
This is partially true.

All ins can still beat poke. Poke can still beat sustain, etc. But they do have Basic advantages over one another If played correctly

But last picking support is pointless because last picking tops is much more beneficial which is Why pro teams first pick supports because outside of janna leona theres no hard counters.

The worst kept secret is that the better support wins the game a high percentage of the time
---
Realo won gold at the Sex Olympics with a BROKEN FRIGGIN NECK.-Voltch
#10ssj4supervegetaPosted 1/6/2013 11:12:42 PM
Stalky24 posted...
ssj4supervegeta posted...

Not anymore. Aphromoo is support for CLG now (lolz)

....ok then. i knew he liked support and switched to a support player but i thought he was still on fear xD

so where did locodoco go? and did chauster get kicked or something...i'll justl ook it up.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!