How to become a "good" Darius?

#1LithspPosted 1/6/2013 11:45:53 PM
He's just seen as a straight up noob-magnet really, KS all over the shop etc.. loses hardly any matchups up top, and also has a pretty solid jungle this season.

I was wondering how exactly do I become a "good" Darius though, because asides from just stomping easy opponents, he kinda falls off a little if the opponent knows what they're doing even slightly, which made me want to actually master him, not just stomp lanes all day er'ryday.

I was thinking, if I'm ahead, should I build damage? Rather than just do the usual Phage -> tank build that everyone else basically does? If I build a little damage, I can stomp the opposing laner faster and therefore counter jungle or roam mid quicker.

Is there any "pro" vids I can watch of Darius? Perhaps some interesting alternative items?

I thought maybe a Phage, the Tiamat upgrade, BT, BC, GA, maybe turn the Phage into a FM after that, probably Merc for boots I'm not sure. I just feel like there's a little more to Darius rather than just a noob-champ.

How's AS on him? Stack his passive faster? Maybe IE/PD? I don't know. :(

I've been doing really well with him lately and just want to get better because I know if he's given the chance, he can absolutely carry the team to victory on his own, from top, which I think is amazing. So I wanted to become a little more aware of what items/builds are available for different situations to capitalize on this.
---
[]Signature[]
#2SharzakenatorPosted 1/6/2013 11:47:16 PM
His true damage ult and arm pen means that damage on Darius is usually not worth it. Far better to be unkillable in team fights long enough to stack your passive five times and dunk.
---
I got so much love I don't know where to put it
#3joelpballPosted 1/6/2013 11:48:58 PM
i just went vlad/teemo against garen/darius in toplane and we smoked em
---
GT: joelismyname
firefight here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=136817924500
#4Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 11:50:14 PM
Sharzakenator posted...
His true damage ult and arm pen means that damage on Darius is usually not worth it. Far better to be unkillable in team fights long enough to stack your passive five times and dunk.

Oh, really? It feels a little boring building the same thing over and over and I wish I did more damage asides from the dunk. Once the opponent builds a little health, I feel like I can't do much damage and have to slowly wear them down for the dunk, whereas I prefer to just go in balls deep.

How is AS on him? No good? I'm assuming it's terribads, but in my head, quicker passive stacking = quicker dunking. Because I never dunk unless it's stacked.
---
[]Signature[]
#5Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 11:51:16 PM
joelpball posted...
i just went vlad/teemo against garen/darius in toplane and we smoked em

Yeah, but try out draft pick.

I'm not convinced your post is relevant in the slightest though.
---
[]Signature[]
#6SharzakenatorPosted 1/7/2013 8:02:01 AM
Lithsp posted...
Sharzakenator posted...

Oh, really? It feels a little boring building the same thing over and over and I wish I did more damage asides from the dunk. Once the opponent builds a little health, I feel like I can't do much damage and have to slowly wear them down for the dunk, whereas I prefer to just go in balls deep.

How is AS on him? No good? I'm assuming it's terribads, but in my head, quicker passive stacking = quicker dunking. Because I never dunk unless it's stacked.

Autoattacks between abilities will stack it just fine. Maw of Malmortius and FM shouldereally be all the damage you absolutely need. If nobody on your team is doing well then maybe consider slightly more damage.
---
I got so much love I don't know where to put it
#7SinntheticPosted 1/7/2013 10:58:03 AM
The only time it should ever be reasonable to build damage on Darius is if he's snowballing top, which to be honest happens quite a bit.

His only damage items should be Maw and FMallet I agree, but picking up an early Black Cleaver isnt a bad idea either if you're really ahead. The CD reduction helps his Q, and the armor pen just bolsters his later ranks of his E to make Darius quite the damage dealer.
---
GT: Sinnthetic
Nova / Frank / Dante - "POWER OF THE.....FRANK!"