OHHH RIIIGHT DAT S@#$% IS MAD ON-HIT

LOLDAMAGE
DAMAGEBEAR OP
thank you. i cannot believe that i didn't realize that LOLOLOLOL
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#12LithspPosted 1/7/2013 12:23:10 AM
Lets him duel anyone and everyone all day er'ryday. Squishy or tank.
---
[]Signature[]
#13funkys-flightsPosted 1/7/2013 12:24:29 AM
TomorrowDog posted...
I'd imagine the reasoning is he uses the combo of bear-charge -> BotrK active -> flip -> bear-roar -> two auto-attacks -> bear-bite

His scaling is meh outside of health, he is just about getting in and landing all of his abilities and BotRK helps that by letting him better close the gap and add another ability to his combo. Some more sustain and damage on his auto-attacks never hurts either.

I don't play him though so I'm just talking out of my ass.

Holy **** botrk has an active... S3 soo much to learn!!
---
................ ~...............
anoche sone contigo ;)
#14Worm199Posted 1/7/2013 1:54:31 AM
Wait so his ulti applies the Bork passive to all enemies hit?

Oh and isn't Zepyhr a better item on Volibear?
---
''Wisest is he who knows, that he knows nothing'' - Socrates
I would like to change that to ''Wisest is the wrestling fan who knows nothing beforehand''
#15KirbixPosted 1/7/2013 3:57:36 AM
O_o I got quoted? Oh lawd.

I have never played voli. I was simply correcting the dude who said "some item that gives health and armor", as randuins is pretty much THE armor/hp item.

I have no clue if that build is viable.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#16happyscrub1Posted 1/7/2013 5:29:30 AM
If someone doesn't tell you to build health on viobear, you doing it wrong. Lifesteal is very situational, plus it has less effect on champs with high health and low resist.... which is how viobear should be built at start. Plus viobear big damage is not effected by lifesteal.
---
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnjIzamnJo
#17FeatherwindPosted 1/7/2013 5:47:23 AM
Before S3 at least he was probably the strongest fighter in bot... Not OP but definitely worth considering and underrated. Unlike most bot champions which just "rig" the fight in your favor he had both CC of doom and fights really, really well. Ezreal, Graves, Corki, Taric, Leona, Blitz etc get destroyed by him. Obviously his mid and late game sucked but he can win early lane really hard. After level 6 his dominance was over vs. most champs and he actually starts to lose fights but it can very well be too late then.

Don't know if he is like that anymore. I don't think the new items affect him so much as I wouldn't play him in any other role except bot fighter but Ezreal and Graves aren't so common anymore. He both countered and had great synergy with these champs so he was good in that environment (he could excel in matchups like Graves Taric vs. Corki Voli).
#18The-World-Seven(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 12:28:49 PM
Worm199 posted...
Wait so his ulti applies the Bork passive to all enemies hit?

Oh and isn't Zepyhr a better item on Volibear?

his ulti does not apply on-hit effects, so no, it wouldn't apply the BotRK passive. although the BotRK lets him duel like anyone, just like it lets anyone...duel...anyone...
Zephyr imo sounds like a better item for volis to me, at least the way i play him.

Kirbix posted...
O_o I got quoted? Oh lawd.

I have never played voli. I was simply correcting the dude who said "some item that gives health and armor", as randuins is pretty much THE armor/hp item.

I have no clue if that build is viable.

ohh. yeah Randuin's was great on anyone in S2 but it's even better on him noww

the BotRK + BC combo looks good on just about anyone, but it just seemed to me like Volibear scaled from entirely different stats from the typical bruiser
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#19deoxxysPosted 1/7/2013 1:31:45 PM
I like support tank bear.

build like a tank just bring heal and exhaust, max E first, play on bottom lane.

First guy that gets too close, flip them behind you slow them with roar and then exhaust them and then help your ADC do some damage then stop. Its easy to get kills early game with volibear but when its obvious that your adc can get the kill, some self control is in order.
---
Any Goat on a cliff would tell you that..
#20g-cube_mastaPosted 1/7/2013 1:38:33 PM
Rush AS Boots with Furor Enchantment, build Frozen Fist, Warmog's, and Spirit Visage.

^
though he didn't clarify I think it stands to reason that you get visage before warmog's (you can maybe get giant's belt before visage).

Mainly because of the healing passive but also the CDR since voli has crap CD on his most important skill.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png