So out of curiosity, why aren't we getting any guides for this game?

#71SBAllen(Topic Creator)(Admin)Posted 1/7/2013 4:12:21 PM
Okay, thanks for the input. I'm debating making some bounties for some Champions just to see how it goes. If I do, it'd only be posted on this board and nowhere else on the site.
---
"Um, let's face it, you'd be better off staying at the Hilton."
http://facebook.com/GFAQS | http://twitter.com/GameFAQs
#72AphoristicPosted 1/7/2013 4:14:04 PM
SBAllen posted...
Okay, thanks for the input. I'm debating making some bounties for some Champions just to see how it goes. If I do, it'd only be posted on this board and nowhere else on the site.

Wait, social board, please!
---
[ Aphoristic (360/Steam/League) | Aphoristic92 (PS3) ]
[ 'Look at that dang-ass dang!' - Arin Hansen ]
#73SoraOwnsAllPosted 1/7/2013 4:15:10 PM

Bounty for Irelia, please.
---
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
#74Rain_DustPosted 1/7/2013 4:22:10 PM
Yeah. Places like mobafire do the guides far better than this site can do. Unless they changed it so you can now add in pics and videos..?

While I can (if you even see this SBAllen) I want to ask a question. Is there any plan on changing the format for guides to be more like, mobafire or other sites like that? Where people can put in pictures and videos and actual color? This site and all of it's guides were fantastic back in 1999. Seems a bit dated now, or that might just be me.
---
Estiah, the best free online game! Join and have me as your mentor!
http://www.estiah.com/user/register/index/id/14471
#75ArtosRCPosted 1/7/2013 4:22:50 PM
The problem is that League of Legends is one of umpteen thousand games on a website that is, in theory, devoted to each one equally. Despite League being the premier competitive game scene on the PC today, it gets lost in the shuffle in this website. Other users have raised the spectre of focus in regards of SoloMid and its ilk in that these websites are wholly devoted to the game; these statements are spot-on. There are entire wikis and websites devoted to constant, around-the-clock information on the game, and GameFAQs is useless by comparison. The problem, again, is that GameFAQs treats the game as equals with something like Big Rigs and, save for a listing on the front page (that changes with the times), does not offer much in the way of serving as a gateway to the game. In doing so (or not doing so, in this regard), GameFAQs takes itself out of the conversation of being a place of authority on the game.

In regards to the guides themselves, the guides on SoloMid are updated on a regular basis (or supplanted by better guides) and monitored by the community- a great deal of which actually know how to play the game. This is the problem with GameFAQs in comparison- the quality control isn't there. Any player can have a guide on, say, AP Riven (or some such thing) and pass it off as gospel without community input (save for the occasional forum post questioning its validity). Aside from the question of helpfulness at the bottom of the guide page, there isn't much in the way of quality control. (This is apparent in that there are ancient guides from the beta and Season One era that are still featured on the guide listing page.) This works for static, stand-alone games (think RPGs and the sort), but it is not acceptable for this era of games with live, evolving development. It's lazy. It's sloppy. It's unprofessional. It's unbecoming of this website.

The chief problem that traditional guides here have is that demonstration in this game is difficult to impart through words alone. There are an untold amount of video guides on Youtube (some of which are actually useful) that detail what a guide here can, but with more detail than the text medium allows. It is considerably easier to show through imagery and action than through a poor replacement for technical writing. SoloMid makes this work, as the videos are reinforced with written theory, but many of the more impressive and complete guides have videos related to tactics, placement, action, and the such. GameFAQs cannot compete in this regard; it is the drawback to having a website based on text guides.

Why do people not place guides here? Simply put, GameFAQs does not focus on the game as other websites do; the guide system is text-based and, as a result, archaic in today's internet medium; there are websites where the guides are in a state of constant rework and upkeep; and GameFAQs does not modify guide listings as needed.

It's just the problem with having a website devoted to being as broad and far-reaching as possible.
---
This is fact and cannot be disputed.
http://i48.tinypic.com/xkx5kw.gif
#76ssj98_gotenksPosted 1/7/2013 4:30:11 PM

he already left IMO
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.imgur.com/A55s2.gif
#77ArtosRCPosted 1/7/2013 4:30:54 PM
Hmph.
---
This is fact and cannot be disputed.
http://i48.tinypic.com/xkx5kw.gif
#78Zeeak4444Posted 1/7/2013 4:50:06 PM
I had a pinned topic that went over:
Runes
Masteries
Roles
Terms
New players guide with a FAQs

Also included were links for streamers in each role, sites with guides (solomid.net), and tutorials for jungle and such.

Literally got rage bombed by this board who vehemently opposed having a pinned topic.

I agree though its better to do personal research to get better.
---
Typical gameFAQers are "Complainers that always complain about those who complain about real legitimate complaints."-Joker_X
#79MakJussPosted 1/7/2013 5:17:23 PM
EDumey posted...The problem with this being such an adaptive and evolving game is that guides by just about anyone aren't going to be so trusted. Leagues is huge in ESports right now, so there are plenty of authorities on champs. Why come to GFAQs for a guide by some 1700 Elo player (even if they are very knowledgeable in theory about their champion) when you can go to Solomid and read Dyrus' terrible guide that only generates views because it has his name attached to it?

This , ALOT.

inb4 you read 2009 C...x guide for MF and then QQ in GameFAQs forum why MF is so underpowered after trying that guide and lot lurker bash someone that explain to you that you need to max E first to survive from gank and bully lane when other guide become sheep blinded with popular name and follow maxing Q first.

inb4 those basher leaving the topic when i show lolking stat of a smurf winning all game with just MF to 2k elo and one people that speaks very vocal against my post left after he post "You win because you are much better player against your opponent if you can play Cass 33-0"

inb4 you realize that one last person is posting here.
#80BarrenitePosted 1/7/2013 5:30:20 PM
MakJuss posted...
EDumey posted...The problem with this being such an adaptive and evolving game is that guides by just about anyone aren't going to be so trusted. Leagues is huge in ESports right now, so there are plenty of authorities on champs. Why come to GFAQs for a guide by some 1700 Elo player (even if they are very knowledgeable in theory about their champion) when you can go to Solomid and read Dyrus' terrible guide that only generates views because it has his name attached to it?

This , ALOT.

inb4 you read 2009 C...x guide for MF and then QQ in GameFAQs forum why MF is so underpowered after trying that guide and lot lurker bash someone that explain to you that you need to max E first to survive from gank and bully lane when other guide become sheep blinded with popular name and follow maxing Q first.

inb4 those basher leaving the topic when i show lolking stat of a smurf winning all game with just MF to 2k elo and one people that speaks very vocal against my post left after he post "You win because you are much better player against your opponent if you can play Cass 33-0"

inb4 you realize that one last person is posting here.

But you don't max E first.
---
I have resigned myself to a broken heart