High instances of people trolling because someone else took the role they wanted

#1AstralFrostPosted 1/7/2013 7:00:57 PM
80/80

Anyone finding this happening a lot lately?

For example, in champ select I call mid and select Karthus. No one says anything in protest but there's someone who last picks Diana with Ignite/Flash and doesn't say a word. Game starts and Diana heads mid and trolls the lane (killing minions, soaking xp, feeding the other mid, etc) for the first 10 minutes without saying anything despite being pinged and called out by 3/5 of the team. 10 minutes into the game Diana suddenly starts complaining about the Karthus that has been trolling mid for the entire game and so does the jungle (presumably because they were grouped together). Game goes sour due to dual mid being underlevelled and Diana feeding and ends up a surrender at 20.

This sort of thing seems to be happening either to me or to someone in my team basically every day lately. What gives? Why can't people just play a game and have fun and stop ruining it for everyone else?
#2PhantasmplusPosted 1/7/2013 7:08:33 PM(edited)
Those are the kind of people I hate the most and if I call my role first and someone else locks in as that role then I shout "NO. F*** YOU ACTUALLY." and lock in out of spite and go where I was going to go in the first place. I'm an angry person. Duo Jungle? SO BE IT YOU KNOB.
---
I'll just have to get a full apology from you later.
RARITYCATCHME.
#3plasmatic5Posted 1/7/2013 7:23:46 PM
phantasmplus posted...
Those are the kind of people I hate the most and if I call my role first and someone else locks in as that role then I shout "NO. F*** YOU ACTUALLY." and lock in out of spite and go where I was going to go in the first place. I'm an angry person. Duo Jungle? SO BE IT YOU KNOB.

It's a little different if you call a role and then actually pick before like with the TC. If you call mid and pick mid before someone else, they don't have the right to take mid. But even if you call mid, if they have an earlier pick, they can take mid. It's in the summoner's code. So if you then pick a mid and go mid, you're actually the troll and are reportable. Sure, taking mid even when it's called is a dick move, but then trolling your team is significantly more dickish.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#4mantana888Posted 1/7/2013 7:25:48 PM
Not a real 80/80 since the punctuation isn't correct.

And I don't play this game.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#5PhantasmplusPosted 1/7/2013 7:27:02 PM
That's what I meant, I get my call and choose my character before they do and they just pick and lock. Obviously calling and then getting outpicked means I lose, even though no one else EVER sees it that way. Because calling is winning derrr.
---
I'll just have to get a full apology from you later.
RARITYCATCHME.
#6spaldPosted 1/7/2013 7:36:02 PM
Being the first to spam chat with your role doesn't mean it's yours.
#7BhelliumPosted 1/7/2013 7:41:41 PM
spald posted...

turn order>copypasta

you could ask politely next time, but that doesn't seem to be your thing
---
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit-Mark Twain
Mark Twain is the most misquoted man of all time- Benjamin Disraeli
#8AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 8:20:56 PM
spald posted...

In the example I provided the troll was last pick and said nothing at all in chat so this doesn't apply to this topic in any way.