Idea to improve LoL a lot. An SSD queue.

#1KarmicDragon1Posted 1/8/2013 5:41:35 AM
Which you can only use if you have LoL installed on an SSD drive.

No more waiting 4 minutes because some guy managed to get LoL running on a commodore 64.
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#2Zombified_ToastPosted 1/8/2013 6:02:58 AM
I love/hate you karmic.
---
stant447 - So suicide is illegal. But smoking is not? I'm allowed to passively kill myself, but not actively?
Transmutant - Just as long as you die I'm happy.
#3kourkourPosted 1/8/2013 6:20:53 AM

No more waiting 4 minutes because some guy managed to get LoL running on a commodore 64.

My game loads in less than 15 seconds.

I ain't got no ssd.

Why am I feeding him?
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
#4KarmicDragon1(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 6:57:35 AM
kourkour posted...

I ain't got no ssd.

Why am I feeding him?

No feeding. Try it on an SSD. Literally loads in less than 4 seconds.

The point of this would be to have a queue where people don't take minutes to load the damn game. I can't remember the last time I had a game load in less than 2 minutes which is ridiculous.
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#5CheeseItBagginsPosted 1/8/2013 6:58:34 AM
KarmicDragon1 posted...
kourkour posted...

I ain't got no ssd.

Why am I feeding him?

The point of this would be to have a queue where people don't take minutes to load the damn game. I can't remember the last time I had a game load in less than 2 minutes which is ridiculous.

Haha, my game loads in like 4-5 minutes. I usually go out for a smoke while loading :)
---
You feelin' froggy, jump.
#6kourkourPosted 1/8/2013 6:59:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7jonlaw101Posted 1/8/2013 7:09:36 AM
kourkour posted...
kourkour posted...

I ain't got no ssd.

Why am I feeding him?

I said what I said to make you understand that people with over 2 minute loads aren't bottlenecked by their HD idiot, rather by their limited RAM and/or CPU. Get you facts straight pc noob.

Yeah KD1 you punk kid
---
It's like playing monopoly then flipping the board over when they land on mayfair,saying 'lol i do what i want its just a game' - SoulStrikes
#8AxeleaPosted 1/8/2013 7:23:58 AM(edited)
kourkour posted...
kourkour posted...

I ain't got no ssd.

Why am I feeding him?

I said what I said to make you understand that people with over 2 minute loads aren't bottlenecked by their HD idiot, rather by their limited RAM and/or CPU. Get you facts straight pc noob.

This is true. An SSD increases load time but your RAM and CPU still are the main factors affecting loading speed. (It doesn't matter anyway since people with crappy ram/cpu generally don't use ssd/s)
---
Whenever a noob picks Anivia, a kitten dies.
#9-Hydreigon-Posted 1/8/2013 7:29:30 AM
Call me back when I can get a 2 TB SSD. Because I'm not trading my massive amount of space for max 800 gb and slightly faster load times
---
Vyro of http://www.eShopGamers.com/
~I review crap~
#10monkey_man0Posted 1/8/2013 7:47:57 AM
-Hydreigon- posted...
Call me back when I can get a 2 TB SSD. Because I'm not trading my massive amount of space for max 800 gb and slightly faster load times

This isn't at all how you use a SSD. You stick your "important" stuff on your 128GB (to 256GB) capacity SSD, such as game and your OS, and all your massive storage stuff on another hard drive.

I run a 128GB SSD and have 1.5TB of HDD space, it works great for both capacity and speed.
---
I own a computer!