Help with Malphite please!

#1lycon7000Posted 1/8/2013 9:05:28 AM
So i went from support to jungler, since i'm bad at anything else.
And i found malphite realy fun! Problem is, people say you can carry with him! Wich i have not been able to :( at all...
So some help on item builds / runes / masteries would be apreciated!
#2Try_Harder_NubzPosted 1/8/2013 9:06:21 AM
press q
press r
press w
press e

win teamfight
---
LoL/XBL/Steam/Everything: TryHarderNubz
http://i.imgur.com/1hsMf.jpg http://i.imgur.com/z5JK0.jpg http://i.imgur.com/fsLxu.jpg
#3eaglei3Posted 1/8/2013 9:38:28 AM
My jungle set-up is (Focusing primarly on tank/initiator/peeler):

Runes -
Magic Pen Marks (Some use atk speed for clearing, I like the little extra magic pen for damage when ganking.)
Armor Seals
Scaling Magic Resist Glyphs
Movement Speed Quints.

Masteries - 0/21/9 making sure to take defensive masteries that provide tenacity, slow effectiveness reduction, and health.

Item Builds - The biggest core item I would say for Malphite is Frozen Heart. Gives him great mana, CDR, and of course, armor to stack on him. I generally almost always build this item on him. Since I have the tenacitiy masteries, I also usually built Ninja Tabi on Malphite as the armor gives his E a little more dmg, and allows you to survive against those basic attacks a little longer.

The other items I build on Malphite and the order I build them generally depend on how the match is going. If the enemy team has a burst AP assassin with a few kills, I may build a Runic Bulwark to protect my team from getting bursted down as easily. If they have a lot of AD, I will build a Randuin's Omen for further slows. Sometimes I will build an abyssal sceptar to give myself a little more MR while providing myself and my AP carry more Mpen.

List of items I find highly worth it on Malphite (Note, not build order):
Ninja Tabi
Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Frozen Heart
Randuin's Omen
Runic Bulwark
Abyssal Sceptar
Guardian Angel

Ok items in situations:
Shurelya's Reverie
Spirit Visage
Sunfire Cape

Skills Order

My general focus in jungle is either R > E > Q > W or R > Q > E > W. The first allows for better clear times, the 2nd allows for more powerful ganks and peels with better slows from the Q. Often, I find myself staggering skills with Malphite, possibly getting a couple levels in E to help my clears, but then maxing Q so I get the most out of my slows.

Playing Malphite

Ganking - Make sure you hit that Q early on your target. Maximizes the early damage and gives you and idea of whether or not your team can make a full commit. Once you hit 6, your ult is a great ganking tool. It is pretty much a free flash with knock up that can lead to easy kills. What is also great about it is the fact that you can move over walls with it for surprise attacks.

Team fights - There are three roles I primarly see Malphite as with this build depending on your teammates an enemy. They are initiator, peeler, and chaser. As an initiator, a well timed R can lead to an easy victory. I suggest not smart casting R when initiating so you can maximize the amount of opponents you hit when starting a fight. Once in a fight, be sure to pop W for more resists and continually spam Es and Qs. Be sure though that your team knows you are going to initiate. I have seen to many malphites just run in without their team prepared and he blows his ult for no reason. Also, pay attention to who you are ulting. You don't want to ult three members of the enemy team while missing a Kat or Cass who is sitting near the back and will then have a chance to counter with their own ult.

As a peeler, you basically want to use that powerful Q to slow someone from chasing your carries. As a chaser, it is the opposite where you use your Q to help your carries catch someone that is running.

One other side note, if your team lacks CC, sometimes you may have to keep your ult as a means of stopping an opponent. For instance, stopping Kat's ult is a great example of this as you can knock her up out of it is you don't have someone else capable at the moment of doing so.
---
My recent discovery: Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity.
#4KirbixPosted 1/8/2013 9:40:43 AM
You can sub frozen heart for ice born gauntlet. You swap some tank for a noticeable dps increase.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#5TomorrowDogPosted 1/8/2013 9:56:19 AM
Initiate with his ult and just drop all of his spells, it is pretty dunk and hard for the enemy team to turn the fight around from.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#6lycon7000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:21:00 AM
eaglei3 posted...
My jungle set-up is (Focusing primarly on tank/initiator/peeler):

Runes -
Magic Pen Marks (Some use atk speed for clearing, I like the little extra magic pen for damage when ganking.)
Armor Seals
Scaling Magic Resist Glyphs
Movement Speed Quints.

Masteries - 0/21/9 making sure to take defensive masteries that provide tenacity, slow effectiveness reduction, and health.

Item Builds - The biggest core item I would say for Malphite is Frozen Heart. Gives him great mana, CDR, and of course, armor to stack on him. I generally almost always build this item on him. Since I have the tenacitiy masteries, I also usually built Ninja Tabi on Malphite as the armor gives his E a little more dmg, and allows you to survive against those basic attacks a little longer.

The other items I build on Malphite and the order I build them generally depend on how the match is going. If the enemy team has a burst AP assassin with a few kills, I may build a Runic Bulwark to protect my team from getting bursted down as easily. If they have a lot of AD, I will build a Randuin's Omen for further slows. Sometimes I will build an abyssal sceptar to give myself a little more MR while providing myself and my AP carry more Mpen.

List of items I find highly worth it on Malphite (Note, not build order):
Ninja Tabi
Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Frozen Heart
Randuin's Omen
Runic Bulwark
Abyssal Sceptar
Guardian Angel

Ok items in situations:
Shurelya's Reverie
Spirit Visage
Sunfire Cape

Skills Order

My general focus in jungle is either R > E > Q > W or R > Q > E > W. The first allows for better clear times, the 2nd allows for more powerful ganks and peels with better slows from the Q. Often, I find myself staggering skills with Malphite, possibly getting a couple levels in E to help my clears, but then maxing Q so I get the most out of my slows.

Playing Malphite

Ganking - Make sure you hit that Q early on your target. Maximizes the early damage and gives you and idea of whether or not your team can make a full commit. Once you hit 6, your ult is a great ganking tool. It is pretty much a free flash with knock up that can lead to easy kills. What is also great about it is the fact that you can move over walls with it for surprise attacks.

Team fights - There are three roles I primarly see Malphite as with this build depending on your teammates an enemy. They are initiator, peeler, and chaser. As an initiator, a well timed R can lead to an easy victory. I suggest not smart casting R when initiating so you can maximize the amount of opponents you hit when starting a fight. Once in a fight, be sure to pop W for more resists and continually spam Es and Qs. Be sure though that your team knows you are going to initiate. I have seen to many malphites just run in without their team prepared and he blows his ult for no reason. Also, pay attention to who you are ulting. You don't want to ult three members of the enemy team while missing a Kat or Cass who is sitting near the back and will then have a chance to counter with their own ult.

As a peeler, you basically want to use that powerful Q to slow someone from chasing your carries. As a chaser, it is the opposite where you use your Q to help your carries catch someone that is running.

One other side note, if your team lacks CC, sometimes you may have to keep your ult as a means of stopping an opponent. For instance, stopping Kat's ult is a great example of this as you can knock her up out of it is you don't have someone else capable at the moment of doing so.

Thanks for the tips and advice! And thats a good build if you have a good team that follows your initiate. But how do you carry? Wath are good items on him that will make him scary! So he does some good damage aswell? Zhonyas, abyssal, RoA/rylei?
#7profDEADPOOLPosted 1/9/2013 8:24:09 AM(edited)
But how do you carry?

You carry by %$#*ing the ADC up.

If you have a completely braindead team then Phite can't carry. However if your team can follow you up at all then you will win if you are good.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, Cable & X-force, JLD, and Batwing
#8lycon7000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:28:52 AM
profDEADPOOL posted...
But how do you carry?

If you have a completely braindead team then Phite can't carry. However if your team can follow you up at all then you will win if you are good.

I'll keep that in mind :)
Also, wath champion CAN carry with a braindead team? I realy want to win some more games.
And preferebly by jungling. Lee-sin, nocturn can carry pretty hard i guess? Fiora?
Realy could use some help here, i wanna get better at this game!
#9profDEADPOOLPosted 1/9/2013 8:32:30 AM
profDEADPOOL posted...
But how do you carry?

I'll keep that in mind :)
Also, wath champion CAN carry with a braindead team? I realy want to win some more games.
And preferebly by jungling. Lee-sin, nocturn can carry pretty hard i guess? Fiora?
Realy could use some help here, i wanna get better at this game!

A team where everyone but you is braindead is uncarryable dude.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, Cable & X-force, JLD, and Batwing
#10lycon7000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:43:34 AM
Yes true, but most are just bad, and with a little motivation, like some powerfull champ to follow, most tend to do out just fine!
But i just need to know some good junglers that have the capability to carry!