Why isn't Blitz being nerfed

#61RyuForcePosted 1/9/2013 11:38:49 AM
Masemune_100 posted...
You guys do realize that Blitz forcing you to play differently is what makes him OP, right? It's like competitive...........everything.
Garchomp and Salamence in Pokemon were the same thing. For example, your team in the Garchomp phase was Garchomp, a Garchomp counter, a Garchomp check, then three other pokemon. Same thing with Salamence. It's not healthy for the game at all. Not saying Blitz is as powerful or overwhelming, but it's the same concept. You can dance around it all you want, but eventually someone will screw up and game over, all off one move.
Dark Phoenix in Vanilla MvC3. You can do everything right, but if you screw up at all and she gets 5 bars, you might as well quit, on top of all the person using her had to do was play the game nearly normally, while you had to waste resources to get her in.
There's other examples, but you guys should get the point.

Oh yes, because Teemo is also OP since you have to avoid his 'game changing' mushroom traps that force you to run oracles if you don't want to hit them. Or how bout Karthus' ult that requires you to have some sort of spell shield protection or Soraka to counter? Let's not forget Rengar's bush leap making bushes dangerous to check or Tryndemere's ult making you have to save and use your ignite until after he uses said ult.

List can probably go on and on but I think you get the point. Blitz move is good yes. It makes you also have to play a certain way to effectively counter it too. But like their moves I listed above, it doesn't necessary make them op to require you to play differently then they have to.
---
GamerTag: DocterLuigi
If you want me as a Xbox friend, let me know your from GAMEFAQs or I will most likely not accept it.
#62AriavoltagePosted 1/9/2013 11:40:31 AM
Listen to masamune and gamefreak...please. I love how whenever someone puts an intelligent post like that everyone else ignores and just continues arguing and acting like its not even there.
#63RyuForcePosted 1/9/2013 11:54:23 AM(edited)
Ariavoltage, I am not convinced Blitz is overpowered just because he has a really good grapple. After all they seem to fail to point out that should he not get kills/assist from successful grapples early on, he falls off in usefulness unless his team can make up for it while he can be an easy target to kill for the rest of the game. They act like Blitz is more of a problem then he really is.

Maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong but so far I want to understand more reasoning behind it then grapple + stun = omg OP when in practice, players can still escape even after Blitz's smackdown.
---
If you want me as a Xbox friend, let me know your from GAMEFAQs or I will most likely not accept it.
#64Masemune_100Posted 1/9/2013 12:04:57 PM
Since when was Teemo's shrooms more game changing than Blitz's grab? Teemo doesn't outright win teamfights, and subsequently the game off one shroom. Blitz can off one good grab.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#65KishoruPosted 1/9/2013 12:15:28 PM
Blitz falls off without an early assist? You're right. A single target displacement skill that pulls the enemy to you is p useless later on.
---
She's a few cards short of a full deck: a joker in the game, ooh.
She's got a bullet with your name on it - no doubt she's a mental case.
#66iCurious(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 2:53:26 PM
Woah. Didn't expect 3 posts on this, let alone 2 pages. Glad to see I'm not just crazy, at least.
---
? ? ?
#67Try_Harder_NubzPosted 1/9/2013 2:55:39 PM
A hero is OP when it takes you 2 to 3 picks to effectively counter that hero

This comes from one of the best DotA players, and it still works in this game

Essentially people are complaining because they want the game to be easy, they don't want a challenge anymore

It's somewhat sad that good competition is ruined by people complaining about things that don't need to be, Blitz is not OP and you're just mad because you can't dodge worth a s***
---
LoL/XBL/Steam/Everything: TryHarderNubz
http://i.imgur.com/1hsMf.jpg http://i.imgur.com/z5JK0.jpg http://i.imgur.com/fsLxu.jpg
#68RyuForcePosted 1/9/2013 3:08:43 PM(edited)
Masemune_100 posted...
Since when was Teemo's shrooms more game changing than Blitz's grab? Teemo doesn't outright win teamfights, and subsequently the game off one shroom. Blitz can off one good grab.

Oh and what about Karthus? Without certain players on your team, a good Karthus can destroy your team even if he was the first person to die in a teamfight. Sure some champions out right counter his ult and spell shield can save you but it requires you to play in certain ways, use certain items, and use certain champs to prevent being nuked. You can die regardless of how little health you had and yet managed to escape a close encounter with him.

Yet I don't see people complaining nearly as much over that bag of bones. Why? Because people learned how to deal with it, similar to how people just have to learn how to deal with Blitz and his grabs of doom.

Edit: And shrooms help his team by alerting incoming ganks or surprise attacks. It can aslo be used to find out where someone is roaming alone and is now a weakened target. That info alone can be game changing if your team acts on it. It's just not a direct influence like Blitz's grab.
---
#69themagicpainmanPosted 1/9/2013 3:10:47 PM
Remember, on GameFAQs if you don't hit 100% of your skillshots and dodge 100% of their skillshots, you're a 3 digit elo scrub.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#70iCurious(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 3:19:41 PM
Try_Harder_Nubz posted...
A hero is OP when it takes you 2 to 3 picks to effectively counter that hero

This comes from one of the best DotA players, and it still works in this game

Essentially people are complaining because they want the game to be easy, they don't want a challenge anymore

It's somewhat sad that good competition is ruined by people complaining about things that don't need to be, Blitz is not OP and you're just mad because you can't dodge worth a s***

Your post has opened by eyes. That grab is so easy to dodge that they should probably buff Blitz actually. And give him an additional passive that slows all players within his grab range+ 5 yards. That way, maybe he can land it every once in a while.
---
? ? ?