Why isn't Blitz being nerfed

#71Try_Harder_NubzPosted 1/9/2013 2:22:04 PM
Try_Harder_Nubz posted...
A hero is OP when it takes you 2 to 3 picks to effectively counter that hero

This comes from one of the best DotA players, and it still works in this game

Essentially people are complaining because they want the game to be easy, they don't want a challenge anymore

It's somewhat sad that good competition is ruined by people complaining about things that don't need to be, Blitz is not OP and you're just mad because you can't dodge worth a s***

Your post has opened by eyes. That grab is so easy to dodge that they should probably buff Blitz actually. And give him an additional passive that slows all players within his grab range+ 5 yards. That way, maybe he can land it every once in a while.

Oh no, the game is difficult. (l0l)
---
LoL/XBL/Steam/Everything: TryHarderNubz
http://i.imgur.com/1hsMf.jpg http://i.imgur.com/z5JK0.jpg http://i.imgur.com/fsLxu.jpg
#72Masemune_100Posted 1/9/2013 2:32:35 PM
RyuForce posted...
Oh and what about Karthus? Without certain players on your team, a good Karthus can destroy your team even if he was the first person to die in a teamfight. Sure some champions out right counter his ult and spell shield can save you but it requires you to play in certain ways, use certain items, and use certain champs to prevent being nuked. You can die regardless of how little health you had and yet managed to escape a close encounter with him.

Yet I don't see people complaining nearly as much over that bag of bones. Why? Because people learned how to deal with it, similar to how people just have to learn how to deal with Blitz and his grabs of doom.

Edit: And shrooms help his team by alerting incoming ganks or surprise attacks. It can aslo be used to find out where someone is roaming alone and is now a weakened target. That info alone can be game changing if your team acts on it. It's just not a direct influence like Blitz's grab.

Does Requiem get to fire every 20 or so seconds? Does Requiem auto win a teamfight when it lands? Does Karthus even force anyone to play differently besides trying to get through teamfights with as much health as possible? And Blitz has been around forever. Saying people don't know how to deal with it is foolish, because the ways of "dealing with it" require specific teammates, specific playstyles, and the Blitz player being stupid.
You know what else gives map awareness? Wards. And I don't have to play a suboptimal character to get them.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#73Try_Harder_NubzPosted 1/9/2013 2:33:40 PM
RyuForce posted...
Oh and what about Karthus? Without certain players on your team, a good Karthus can destroy your team even if he was the first person to die in a teamfight. Sure some champions out right counter his ult and spell shield can save you but it requires you to play in certain ways, use certain items, and use certain champs to prevent being nuked. You can die regardless of how little health you had and yet managed to escape a close encounter with him.

Yet I don't see people complaining nearly as much over that bag of bones. Why? Because people learned how to deal with it, similar to how people just have to learn how to deal with Blitz and his grabs of doom.

Edit: And shrooms help his team by alerting incoming ganks or surprise attacks. It can aslo be used to find out where someone is roaming alone and is now a weakened target. That info alone can be game changing if your team acts on it. It's just not a direct influence like Blitz's grab.

Does Requiem get to fire every 20 or so seconds? Does Requiem auto win a teamfight when it lands? Does Karthus even force anyone to play differently besides trying to get through teamfights with as much health as possible? And Blitz has been around forever. Saying people don't know how to deal with it is foolish, because the ways of "dealing with it" require specific teammates, specific playstyles, and the Blitz player being stupid.
You know what else gives map awareness? Wards. And I don't have to play a suboptimal character to get them.

Karthus does force people to play differently. The fact is that you want the game to be easier because you hate a challenge.
---
LoL/XBL/Steam/Everything: TryHarderNubz
http://i.imgur.com/1hsMf.jpg http://i.imgur.com/z5JK0.jpg http://i.imgur.com/fsLxu.jpg
#74happyscrub1Posted 1/9/2013 3:12:17 PM
iCurious posted...

Your post has opened by eyes. That grab is so easy to dodge that they should probably buff Blitz actually. And give him an additional passive that slows all players within his grab range+ 5 yards. That way, maybe he can land it every once in a while.

Didn't they just change (or about to change) the cooldown on his passive? I think it's (or going to be) buffed.
---
http://happyscrub.com/eloenvy.jpg
You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here
#75ExalxPosted 1/9/2013 5:14:16 PM
Can't nerf Blitz without changing his kit. He's in the same boat as Alistar.
---
Monster Hunter Tri: Exalx (2ZFG9Y) HR:130+
#76VoidgolemPosted 1/9/2013 5:16:29 PM
they've actually got a nerf slated on the PBE.

Mind you, it's nothing people complain about (in fact, the new guy also has a hook and mass CC), but it's there.

Have fun with that.
---
'This guy has really mastered adventuring. City burning down, populace about to be sacrificed to god knows what...better loot everything'
#77themagicpainmanPosted 1/9/2013 5:18:05 PM
They could give his Q a wind-up like Thresh's.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#78Masemune_100Posted 1/9/2013 5:23:11 PM(edited)
Try_Harder_Nubz posted...
Karthus does force people to play differently. The fact is that you want the game to be easier because you hate a challenge.

Karthus' ult doesn't force as much of a change as Blitz. And I never said anything about touching Blitz's kit at all, I'm just saying his grab is OP. It's a part of the game, and touching his grab in a negative way would make him near useless as a character, cutting down on diversity and making the game more stale as a whole.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#79CovenantPosted 1/9/2013 5:40:22 PM(edited)
DartDragoon posted...
Do you have any idea what percentage is ? It wouldn't be higher just because he's used more...

If Blitz is overpowered, then more use of him would enable people to better take advantage of his overpowered nature thus bringing his winrate more in line with his overpowered nature. As such, more games could lead to higher winrate.

If he is constantly banned, people will pick him just because he isn't banned and suck with him. As such, less games could lead to a lower winrate.

gamefreak11365 posted...
if one champ forces the team to play differently before he even hits you is a sign that the champ is op.

Riot doesn't think champions are overpowered for this reason. They do, however, think that a champion can have an undesirable effect on the way the game is played for this reason and rework champions accordingly.
#80LithspPosted 1/9/2013 5:42:54 PM(edited)
What if his grab was his ult?

Then he could only do it every like 60 seconds or whatever.

Not sure how great he'd be as a support then though, 'til 6 at least.
---
[]Signature[]