Why do you think roles like Top lane r more popular than support, adc or jungle?

#1PenakotoPosted 1/9/2013 10:37:45 AM
Excuse the use of 'r' I could just barely fit the title in.

Seems in my experience, top and mid are the most popular picks for roles people want, then adc and jungler, dead last obviously being support.

This is just my experience, but I'm sure other people have had similar experiences.

What is it about those lanes, do you think, that appeal to most people, while ADC and Jungler are less often called by someone? Support I think right off the bat, it's obvious, the play style for supports is very different than other roles where killing stuff is discouraged,
#2BhelliumPosted 1/9/2013 10:40:35 AM(edited)
Because they're solo lanes and easier. Practically no map awareness is needed until teamfight, even if you get ganked:

"omg no mia"

losing lane?

"omg no ganks, jungler sucks"
(especially funny when they haven't been camped by the jungler)
---
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit-Mark Twain
Mark Twain is the most misquoted man of all time- Benjamin Disraeli
#3RXPKPosted 1/9/2013 10:56:47 AM
I'd rather dodge and play something else besides support.

Anything else IDC, but don't expect me to be amazing.
---
Worst moderators in this history of message boards, trolling you right here on gamefaqs.
#4Rydis-ShikoPosted 1/9/2013 10:58:26 AM
So people like karmic dragon think they are good players
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#5genericname1234Posted 1/9/2013 11:06:50 AM
Top lane has the bruiser type characters that are fun to play. A lot of the characters that you see carrying games come from top lane--jax, irelia, wukong, vlad, etc.

Jungle isn't popular because you're a second support. Your gold stream is really low. If you have a few unsuccessful ganks you might have helped out your lanes, but you've fallen behind as a result. You either build tanky auras or you build a bit of damage, but you won't have as much damage as a normal lane would. Also, everybody whines at you.

Support really isn't that bad, but most people don't know how to play it correctly. It has the stigma of a heal bot that wards. The thing is if you do that you are a terrible support. You need to give the enemy ADC a bad day. Mess with his head. Make him afraid to get CS. I think if Leona was a 450 ip champion you'd see fewer people complaining about support since she's fun.
---
"SR'ing is having the RNG abuse you." Deshokun
#6Masemune_100Posted 1/9/2013 11:10:14 AM
My only problem playing support is that my ADC usually refuses to capitalize on opening I make, and to top it all off I give them a shield to boot. It's like I get stuck with the people who think playing ADC is just farmfarmfarmfarmfarmfarmfarmfarmfarmfarm.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#7Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 1/9/2013 11:17:11 AM
On the Solo Q Enviroment Mid and Top are the easiest lanes you can carry whit, Jungle requires a lot more skill and management than a lane, ADC is dependant on the support, so if the support is bad you are at a disadvantage

Nobady wants to be support because you can't carry as support, for that reason it is fun to play whit friends but not in solo Q
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#8crondizzlePosted 1/9/2013 11:24:01 AM
Bhellium posted...
Because they're solo lanes and easier. Practically no map awareness is needed until teamfight, even if you get ganked:

"omg no mia"

losing lane?

"omg no ganks, jungler sucks"
(especially funny when they haven't been camped by the jungler)

this
#9EDumeyPosted 1/9/2013 11:28:08 AM
Because they are solo lanes. All three other roles somewhag depend on the competentcy of your other teammates. The mentality of a solo lane is that you will win because you're only relying on your own skill.

So when you win that solo lane but lose game, it's easier to justify that you just had a bad team. When you lose that lane, you blame it on your jungler for not helping enough, therefore breaking the whole point of going to the solo lane.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#10shadyelfPosted 1/9/2013 11:35:44 AM
I used to love top lane. I hate it now. Lot of bad luck in blind pick recently. Can't play draft because my friends are very limited in what champs they play.
---
?