Why do you think roles like Top lane r more popular than support, adc or jungle?

#21iXCelticXiPosted 1/9/2013 3:30:47 PM
GoldenVoid posted...
jungling takes little or no skill.

You drunk, bro?
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#22LithspPosted 1/9/2013 4:02:47 PM
It's because some people prefer to play a certain "type" of champ.. people who prefer to use the beefier, warrior-esq champs will most likely start heading top once they start becoming familiar with the current meta.
Likewise, people who prefer the mage-type characters in games will lean more towards mid, purely because of the TYPE of champs that are associated with that lane.

Not that hard to figure out really. Not only this, but some people like to feel personally responsible for the teams achievements, these are basically the people who enjoy any role other than support, they like to see on their screen that THEY have slain somebody, that THEY are the one getting the kills and carrying the team to victory.
They just love the attention.

This is why support roles aren't desired by the majority of people, because even though the support is the absolute backbone of the team, it's like the kitchenhand in a restaurant - the place would absolutely fall apart if he stopped working, but he gets no credit. Credit goes to the chefs. People love recognition and getting kills in video games, this is most likely achieved in LoL by taking a solo lane, as they don't have to rely on someone else so much to get the kills and they prefer to actually GET the kill rather than feel like they assisted with it, like say, a jungler would along with support.

This is why most people prefer a solo lane. I have no stats to base this off, it's purely speculation based upon what I've experienced personally playing LoL combined with the analytical thought processes I've picked up as a student of sociology.

It's human nature.
---
[]Signature[]
#23VoidgolemPosted 1/9/2013 4:29:53 PM(edited)
Jungle: Everything is always the jungler's fault forever. No money or exp for interesting builds.

Support: Relies on the ADC being not-horribad. A rarity in yoloqueue. Most people tend to be incompetent at it.

ADC: Farmville. Tends to be wholly at fault for lategame throws. Approximately two actually-viable builds unless you're trolling or in tinfoil Elo.
~

That said, I like jungling and supporting. First man on the scene, yo.
---
'This guy has really mastered adventuring. City burning down, populace about to be sacrificed to god knows what...better loot everything'
#24HighUlitmaPosted 1/9/2013 4:42:48 PM
Many LoL players want attention, that's the bottom line. That is why people tend to ***** about killstealing. Its not "you helped me kill an enemy", it actually is "you took my glory for winning the game single handedly".
Well, as far as I've experienced.

And I will say, there are a great deal of players who fill these positions that do not act in this manner; however the majority shadows the minority. As for me, I enjoy jungling and support because I recognize the necessity of their existence (mostly from botched lane combos I tried to pull off).
#25Damien94Posted 1/9/2013 5:08:41 PM
Because the majority of players are not team players. They're people who prefer to solo and they're also the ones that blame everything on everyone else. The egotistical and power-players also prefer those roles.

Top and Mid are the fastest for leveling up and making gold. Jungle and ADC are avoided by many because they're always the ones blamed for losing. People don't want the extra feeling of responsibility in case they do badly.

Top and Mid are "safest" in that regard.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#26centurion911Posted 1/9/2013 5:13:36 PM
I hate laning with another person.

People always complain to the jungler.

It's always those 2 reasons (I love jungling though)
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."