What if Ranked was Blind Pick?

#11The_Madd_HatterPosted 1/9/2013 1:22:33 PM
this game like so many others is balanced around top tier play with some thought to the lower levels...thus draft mode makes WAY more sense
---
There is no try, only do and do not.
#12Ikethelord3Posted 1/9/2013 1:26:43 PM
Chrono Trigger Rules posted...
Wait what?

Im not at ranked yet but its NOT blind???

Seems weird to me... So people can just pick direct counters and the team who picks first is screwed?

IMO the better option ALWAYS was blind damn I guess I have to get used to that other option now

I guess I'll be that guy that actually helps him out.

In draft, teams take turns picking two champs at a time but blue team's first pick is alone and purple team's last pick is alone. Basically, it isn't just "Blue team picks a champ. Purple team counterpicks that champ. Blue team picks a champ. Purple team counterpicks that champ." Instead, it's "Blue team picks a champ. Purple team counterpicks that champ and then picks another champ. Blue team counterpicks that champ and then picks another champ. Purple team..." so on so forth.
---
"You promised you'd love her until the end of the world. Well, the end of the world is coming. Time to prove you're a man of your word." - Terror Mask
#13Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 1/9/2013 1:31:12 PM
Ikethelord3 posted...
Wait what?

Seems weird to me... So people can just pick direct counters and the team who picks first is screwed?

IMO the better option ALWAYS was blind damn I guess I have to get used to that other option now

In draft, teams take turns picking two champs at a time but blue team's first pick is alone and purple team's last pick is alone. Basically, it isn't just "Blue team picks a champ. Purple team counterpicks that champ. Blue team picks a champ. Purple team counterpicks that champ." Instead, it's "Blue team picks a champ. Purple team counterpicks that champ and then picks another champ. Blue team counterpicks that champ and then picks another champ. Purple team..." so on so forth.

Ah thanks that makes a lot more sense!
---
Best RPGs to date: CT, Lufia 2, SoM, SoAL
#14Q-XPosted 1/9/2013 1:53:01 PM
Wait what?

That's the point.

It's ranked, which is supposed to completely test your skills, and reacting to enemy picks is a large part of the strategy.
#15Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 1/9/2013 2:05:24 PM
Q-X posted...
Wait what?

That's the point.

It's ranked, which is supposed to completely test your skills, and reacting to enemy picks is a large part of the strategy.

To me it takes more skill to get your team adapting in game to the team you find facing instead of doing half of it beforehand.
---
Best RPGs to date: CT, Lufia 2, SoM, SoAL
#16Q-XPosted 1/9/2013 2:42:55 PM
To me it takes more skill to get your team adapting in game to the team you find facing instead of doing half of it beforehand.

Not at all.

At high levels of play where everyone knows what they're doing, the better team would how to press their advantage and how to stop the enemy from adapting. It would turn any competitive play into rock paper scissors where you just instalock the most OP champs regardless of the situation and hope your team comp beats theirs, and you're taking out most of the strategy and diversity in the game if you're forced to automatically abandon situationally good champions.

And that's not even considering runes/masteries/summoner spells. You're supposed to customize those for your situation and use strategy rather than "HOPE THIS WILL WORK AGAINST MYSTERY OPPONENT!"
#17MakJussPosted 1/9/2013 2:58:46 PM
Ikethelord3 posted...
Wait what?

How do you counter pick Taric / Nunu ?