playing as a support, i dont see the use of sightstone

#1Old CloudPosted 1/9/2013 5:42:41 PM
i buy a hell of a lot of wards throughout the game.

it might be useful in the beginning but i like 5 wards that i can place anytime rather than 3 at a time
---
"You're Winner!" - Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing
2f4ce551aaefd6fddec67084ac195fcc
#2Viewtiful_JonPosted 1/9/2013 5:44:14 PM
Sell it later in the game until then have it and a stack of 5. Only need rid if your getting another item to replace it and by then its saved you a huge amount of gold.
#3Lord SojiroPosted 1/9/2013 5:44:31 PM
Sightstone pays for itself quickly into the game. If you want to lay more wards, buy some additional wards, you'll still end up saving money from the sightstone.
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#4BrokeMyMonitorPosted 1/9/2013 5:45:33 PM
Or... you could buy those extra wards AND the sightstone!

Srsly, sightstone becomes gold efficient once you place 5 wards. And they're free, so place away.
---
I've had so many dreams about making love to Kennen and squirrels you can't even fathom it -Askpeevies
LoL IGN: IbrokemyMONITOR
#5TruHNIC187Posted 1/9/2013 5:47:29 PM
support is only my 3rd best role but i think i play it pretty damn well, so ill give u my opinion:

if you rush sightstone, the gold payoff is well worth it rather than buying wards all the time. As a support, I have always been babysitting the adc at bot lane, you rly dont need more than 2 wards at a time. 1 at river bush, and one at a bush in lane, depending on where the lane is atm. later on, when overall map vision is more important, you can upgrade and place 3 at a time, and you should not b the only one placing them, so this is fine. the gold u save can buy u plenty of aura items earlier which will greatly help your team.
#6VoidgolemPosted 1/9/2013 5:50:50 PM(edited)
it is, mathematically speaking, the best gold/10 item in the game for ward-gold assuming you empty it before you return to the fountain like, twice.
---
'This guy has really mastered adventuring. City burning down, populace about to be sacrificed to god knows what...better loot everything'
#7SilverNeroBlastPosted 1/9/2013 5:57:46 PM
2-3 wards out in the map(if upgraded).When fighting for objectives like Dragon and Baron,when a ghost ward is destroyed by Vision wards or Oracles you can just replace them(not like you can't if you have 5 wards,but there's no guarantee that you will at all times).You can buy Vision wards more often.