playing as a support, i dont see the use of sightstone

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. playing as a support, i dont see the use of sightstone
3 years ago#1
i buy a hell of a lot of wards throughout the game.

it might be useful in the beginning but i like 5 wards that i can place anytime rather than 3 at a time
"You're Winner!" - Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing
3 years ago#2
Sell it later in the game until then have it and a stack of 5. Only need rid if your getting another item to replace it and by then its saved you a huge amount of gold.
3 years ago#3
Sightstone pays for itself quickly into the game. If you want to lay more wards, buy some additional wards, you'll still end up saving money from the sightstone.
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
3 years ago#4
Or... you could buy those extra wards AND the sightstone!

Srsly, sightstone becomes gold efficient once you place 5 wards. And they're free, so place away.
I've had so many dreams about making love to Kennen and squirrels you can't even fathom it -Askpeevies
3 years ago#5
support is only my 3rd best role but i think i play it pretty damn well, so ill give u my opinion:

if you rush sightstone, the gold payoff is well worth it rather than buying wards all the time. As a support, I have always been babysitting the adc at bot lane, you rly dont need more than 2 wards at a time. 1 at river bush, and one at a bush in lane, depending on where the lane is atm. later on, when overall map vision is more important, you can upgrade and place 3 at a time, and you should not b the only one placing them, so this is fine. the gold u save can buy u plenty of aura items earlier which will greatly help your team.
3 years ago#6
it is, mathematically speaking, the best gold/10 item in the game for ward-gold assuming you empty it before you return to the fountain like, twice.
'This guy has really mastered adventuring. City burning down, populace about to be sacrificed to god knows what...better loot everything'
3 years ago#7
2-3 wards out in the map(if upgraded).When fighting for objectives like Dragon and Baron,when a ghost ward is destroyed by Vision wards or Oracles you can just replace them(not like you can't if you have 5 wards,but there's no guarantee that you will at all times).You can buy Vision wards more often.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. playing as a support, i dont see the use of sightstone

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived