How is it fair?

#1Cobra1010Posted 1/9/2013 6:14:09 PM(edited)
How is it far that tanky champions have so much attack damage whilst squishy characters such as tristana have no where near enough attack damage to kill like a darius 1 on 1.

I've been playing some random pvps today and 3 matches my team all picked assassins and rangeds whilst the other team has tortoise, darius or draven even. We had no chance, just didnt have the damage to do anything whilst they can kill any of us in 2-3 hits.

If the opposite team all uses tanky champs, is there any reason for my team to use ranged or assassin classes with low health?
---
Playing: Nothing, maybe a bit of LoL. Am I getting old or are games this gen just mediocre?
--Yoichi Wada needs to be fired--
#2angermngment101Posted 1/9/2013 7:27:35 PM
Its really a matter of your team having a bad composition vs their team.

Tristana is not supposed to 1v1 ANYONE. An AD carry is supposed to fight with their team unless extremely fed.

Any bruiser or tanky dps can kill any AD carry 1v1, even if the ad carry has more gold. Its just how they are.

I think your team just fed early, and never really grouped up for a fight... and if you did, you never focused one person down, and even if you did... theres 4 other people and all their abilities are on cooldown cuz assassins are usually like that.
---
Gamefax
#3davidaaronkPosted 1/9/2013 7:31:02 PM
You've got to be really behind to lose to a darius 1 vs 1 as tristana.
---
Steam ID = KatzDave (Add me!) Multi-player games below... (PC/DS/Wii)
AS,AT,AW,B,B+,BF2,BP,CSS,DDS,GW,L4D,L4D2, MK,MiB,PHG,PPT,PVK,RFG,SC,SF4,SMC4,SSE,TC,TF2
#4VoidgolemPosted 1/9/2013 7:31:05 PM
this magical thing called "range".

Darius has to be standing on you (or hook range, which most ranged champions outrange) to deal damage. Tristana does not (well, AP trist does. I guess.)

this enables other champions, such as Alistar, to lock down the Darius and such while Tristana shoots him in the head with the otherwise-unvaible AD/AS/Crit build for thousands of damage.

I say "otherwise-unviable" because there is a very good reason using such builds on melee champions doesn't work (often), that being the enemy team tends to do a pretty good job of trying to kill you while you run at them with your IE.
---
'This guy has really mastered adventuring. City burning down, populace about to be sacrificed to god knows what...better loot everything'
#5Cobra1010(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 3:13:42 AM
Well the opposite team were all tank and bruisers and they were nearly always hanging around in threes and fours. They was absolutely nothing my team could do.

Also darius's pull skill has around the same range as tristanas normal attack. The range squishies have really arent any advantage at all since even tanks and bruisers have ranged like the yellow robot pull and tarics stun.

So i just want to confirm this,

If the opposite team are all fighters, bruisers and tanks with alot of damage resistance and health AND are always in large groups. Does a team of ranged squishies have any chance what so ever?
---
Playing: Nothing, maybe a bit of LoL. Am I getting old or are games this gen just mediocre?
#6Cobra1010(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 3:15:34 AM
Should everyone just stop playing low health champions and all play champs with lots of health because thats the way it is?
---
#7aHappySackaPosted 1/10/2013 3:28:42 AM
Try hitting level 30 before you make dumb topics.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#8Fire_AwayPosted 1/10/2013 3:30:03 AM
uhhh Tristana outranges Darius for the entire game and especially late, where she has the longest non-skill dependent attack range in the game

Along with two methods to create distance

and some of the highest single target DPS in this game

Something isn't adding up here bub

Although yes, an all assassin/squishy team would get countered by a tanky team, especially early - assassins are usually cooldown dependent, and when a champion can survive through their cooldowns their squishy defenses become a problem.
---
Now playing: League Of Legends (FireAwayX), Guild Wars 2 (Floralei/Crownbird), World of Warcraft (shut up), SFxT (Poison/Nina, Juri/Lili)
#9DoctorEggmanPosted 1/10/2013 3:34:52 AM
Also darius's pull skill has around the same range as tristanas normal attack.

false, and it gets even falser as trist levels up
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
http://imgur.com/n8yh1
#10Cobra1010(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 10:15:54 AM
Well i try to poke at darius with tristana whilst maintaining distance, then bam, pulled in and die in 2seconds.
---