New Player..how do I know which lane to go when playing with bots?

#1KeranikPosted 1/9/2013 10:47:49 PM
I'm pretty new to this game, only played 3-4 games, and this is my first MOBA so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

I just don't understand how the AI determines which lanes for people to handle in a game.

I've played games as Garen where the AI bot went into the middle and held there. Alternatively, I've had games where the bots don't go to the middle at all.

Is this based on the bots that I choose/assigned to the team and I'm supposed to fill in the last role?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
#2g-cube_mastaPosted 1/9/2013 10:50:18 PM
Are you doing custom games by any chance? They tend to lane weird in custom games.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#3Keranik(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 10:51:18 PM
Yes, I have been playing Custom Games, I just read in a topic after my last game that I should be playing in Co-Op vs AI.
#4SharzakenatorPosted 1/9/2013 11:08:50 PM
Custom games are just fine to learn the ropes and UI.
---
I got so much love I don't know where to put it
#5Keranik(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 11:23:19 PM(edited)
Let me re-phrase...

The AI seems to pick lanes randomly every time I play a Custom Game, leaving me to pick up wherever they choose not to go. Sometimes this doesn't fit into the play style of the champion that I'm playing as. How does the AI decide where to go?

Sometimes, I plan to play middle/top/bottom etc... and the AI will send two people with me, and two to another lane, leaving one completely undefended, which forces me to go to that lane.
#6kirbyakaZPosted 1/9/2013 11:24:45 PM
No idea, it's really stupid. Just play one custom game to get used to the champ you are playing, then beginner bots, you'll actually learn some stuff there, but around level 15 or so you should start playing PvP.
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:11 Annoyed faces:4
#7Supah_AxelPosted 1/9/2013 11:27:20 PM(edited)
their lanes are determined by the order you put them. first bot will go bot lane, second will go top lane, third will go mid lane, 4th will go bot lane, and 5th will go top lane. Of course if you go into a lane before the bots take their lane, they'll compensate for it and go to other lanes.
---
Not buying SSB4 without the inclusion of the flower fairy Lip as a playable character.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bakabridget/
#8Keranik(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 11:27:22 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone, I'm back to honing the skills, hope to see you on the battlefield one day.