I know why NA lags behind Asia

#21FlameLord23Posted 1/10/2013 12:19:07 AM
BurnumMaster posted...
TheConductorSix posted...
It is indeed a cultural difference. Not just in effort but innovation.

America takes things already made and tries to improve them, cutting out as much work as possible.

Like cars, nukes, internet, etc

Cars improved transportation, but they didn't invent it.
Nukes improved warfare, but they didn't invent it.
The internet improved computers, but they didn't invent it.
---
"All of a sudden there are useless topics on gamefaqs. Oh wait, that's all the time." ~Try_Harder_Nubz
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#22DeadpooL7Posted 1/10/2013 12:19:14 AM
Bhellium posted...
DeadpooL7 posted...
Its because they do nothing but play the game... it has nothing to do with people going 'loltryhard'.

That doesnt even make sense cause the people who say that are casual players playing for fun (mostly in normals). I dont see pro players from any country going 'loltryhard' so thats realy nothing to do with it.

You don't think NA and European pros don't treat this game like a full time job and then some?

I think they do treat it like a full time job+ like maybe 50 hours a week (possibly more). Asia treats it like a life though... they will play 15 hours a day every single day.
#23BurnumMasterPosted 1/10/2013 12:39:03 AM
FlameLord23 posted...
BurnumMaster posted...
TheConductorSix posted...
It is indeed a cultural difference. Not just in effort but innovation.

America takes things already made and tries to improve them, cutting out as much work as possible.

Like cars, nukes, internet, etc

Cars improved transportation, but they didn't invent it.
Nukes improved warfare, but they didn't invent it.

While technically not the first car, the car of what we know and think of today, yes.
You are wrong (Although with collaboration from other countries).
You are wrong.
---
GT:BurnumMaster
#24SlaynPosted 1/10/2013 12:58:40 AM
It's because we say #YOLO fk it baylife all day.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#25CheezWhizXPosted 1/10/2013 1:07:25 AM
DeadpooL7 posted...
Bhellium posted...
DeadpooL7 posted...
Its because they do nothing but play the game... it has nothing to do with people going 'loltryhard'.

That doesnt even make sense cause the people who say that are casual players playing for fun (mostly in normals). I dont see pro players from any country going 'loltryhard' so thats realy nothing to do with it.

You don't think NA and European pros don't treat this game like a full time job and then some?

I think they do treat it like a full time job+ like maybe 50 hours a week (possibly more). Asia treats it like a life though... they will play 15 hours a day every single day.

TSM straight scrimmed 12 hours a day in the weeks leading up to Worlds and still got rolled by Frost.

Azubu Frost and Blaze only practice for about 10 hours on each weekday and don't even play on weekends. That's roughly on par with TSM's, Dig's, etc. training schedules. The difference between NA and Korea is NA has no discipline while Korea does.
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
PKMN Diamond FC: 0560 6381 4898
#26anilEhilatedPosted 1/10/2013 1:15:02 AM
That's funny, I'm fairly sure they did.
Also, ITT: Asians invented wars.
---
For who could ever...?
#27DeadpooL7Posted 1/10/2013 1:30:09 AM
CheezWhizX posted...
DeadpooL7 posted...
Bhellium posted...
DeadpooL7 posted...

TSM straight scrimmed 12 hours a day in the weeks leading up to Worlds and still got rolled by Frost.

Azubu Frost and Blaze only practice for about 10 hours on each weekday and don't even play on weekends. That's roughly on par with TSM's, Dig's, etc. training schedules. The difference between NA and Korea is NA has no discipline while Korea does.

TSM scrimmed that much for about 3 days... Thats not how they normally train.

Korean teams literally do that every single day (not just right before an event) and more often. They play like the championship is tomorrow everyday. That lets them train with EVERY champ and EVERY team comp. Teams like TSM only play a little in comparison and dont have as wide a selection of champs/comps since they didnt devote the time into them.

Let me ask you all a question. Do you really think US pro teams lose cause they just go 'lol tryhards' at the other teams?
#28CrumpledPaperPosted 1/10/2013 1:33:37 AM
OnionMan6 posted...
Or maybe because Asia is over populated and disgusting so the only thing they can do is sit at home and play games or go outside and get raped/killed. They have to play games to escape the harsh realities of their bad life.

So many racists posts today lol
---
Eh
#29CheezWhizXPosted 1/10/2013 1:34:49 AM
DeadpooL7 posted...
CheezWhizX posted...
DeadpooL7 posted...
Bhellium posted...
DeadpooL7 posted...

TSM scrimmed that much for about 3 days... Thats not how they normally train.

Korean teams literally do that every single day (not just right before an event) and more often. They play like the championship is tomorrow everyday. That lets them train with EVERY champ and EVERY team comp. Teams like TSM only play a little in comparison and dont have as wide a selection of champs/comps since they didnt devote the time into them.

Let me ask you all a question. Do you really think US pro teams lose cause they just go 'lol tryhards' at the other teams?

No, Reginald went on a vlog and straight said they've been practicing 12-14 hours a day for the weeks before Worlds. And yes, that's how they normally train, maybe a bit less, if they aren't on break. Chaox has gone on record his entire day after waking up at lunch-ish is composed of scrimming and solo queue and ends around midnight.

And Koreans DO NOT do that every day. Helios and Reapered have stated in interviews they only play 10 hours a day on average and don't play on the weekends.

I think NA teams lose because they're bad and Korean/EU teams are good.
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
PKMN Diamond FC: 0560 6381 4898
#30GoldenVoidPosted 1/10/2013 1:44:48 AM
Americans have sucked at every multiplayer video game, e4ver. It's a fact.
---
Gamer Tag: GhostlightX