Remember when the popular opinion on gamefaqs was that Cait was bad?

#51mantana888Posted 1/10/2013 11:17:02 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
ITT: Dennis posts the only things worth reading.

Yep. Looks like it's time to add tc to ignore list
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#52Knight_Of_OrderPosted 1/10/2013 11:29:22 AM
Featherwind posted...
Knight_Of_Order posted...
I still laugh at the people here that say Cait has a bad late game.

That was her main problem in S2 at least... In fact it was the thing keeping her down. Couldn't shut down Ezreal in lane or in fights too well and your team would get destroyed by him.

edit: Nunu was really Cait's only hope of somehow competing with Ezreal.

What the... how does Cait lose to Ez in lane and why is she focusing him in teamfights?
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#53shrimp1992Posted 1/10/2013 11:31:32 AM
Remember when she was total garbage? Ok yeah they buffed her 6 patches in a row. That usually does the trick.
---
Falcons record 11-1
#54TomorrowDogPosted 1/10/2013 11:45:07 AM
People just piggyback off of popular opinion and talk about teh meta and cite arbitrary crap to try and look like LoL scholars and not just sheep.

I did enjoy early 2012 though when everybody told me Skarner was mediocre after his nerf when he was still free-win level strong.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#55FeatherwindPosted 1/10/2013 12:49:47 PM
Featherwind posted...
I still laugh at the people here that say Cait has a bad late game.

That was her main problem in S2 at least... In fact it was the thing keeping her down. Couldn't shut down Ezreal in lane or in fights too well and your team would get destroyed by him.

edit: Nunu was really Cait's only hope of somehow competing with Ezreal.

What the... how does Cait lose to Ez in lane and why is she focusing him in teamfights?

Cait can't shut down Ez and Cait Nunu even less. No way Cait can fight Ez in lane even though Cait Nunu can be defensive. Cait Nunu get absolutely destroyed by Sona Ez and have troubles versus a host of other nasties too like Zyra and maybe Taric. Depending on lane she can have some success vs. the other ADs like Corki but Ez is almost insurmountable.

Cait's team loses to Ez (or Vayne or Corki or Graves etc). Cait can't really do anything about this other than shoot the enemy with Headshot or IE crit if he is in a bad position for whatever reason. At this point Nunu is Cait's only non-gimmick hope of accomplishing anything.

Now Cait can defend from Ez pretty well and Ez can't demolish Cait's team mid-game as easily. Cait Nunu is practically unhindered by any of the AD changes aka nerfs while other ADs have problems. Also Caitlyn can handle Draven and Miss Fortune and many popular supports atm.
#56CrumpledPaperPosted 1/10/2013 1:14:49 PM
Get a better waifu, tc
---
Eh
#57angelwkw3Posted 1/10/2013 1:22:00 PM
Cait is still garbage unless she has Nunu or maybe Zyra.
---
LoL ID = Crosisx2/Kurokage17/Angelwkw3
#58Knight_Of_OrderPosted 1/10/2013 2:17:34 PM
Featherwind posted...
Cait can't shut down Ez and Cait Nunu even less. No way Cait can fight Ez in lane even though Cait Nunu can be defensive. Cait Nunu get absolutely destroyed by Sona Ez and have troubles versus a host of other nasties too like Zyra and maybe Taric. Depending on lane she can have some success vs. the other ADs like Corki but Ez is almost insurmountable.

You write a lot yet dont really say anything, 650 range makes sure you arent taking CS without an extra bullet in your face too, and why are you mentioning only Nunu as if its the only support that Cait can take?

Cait's team loses to Ez (or Vayne or Corki or Graves etc). Cait can't really do anything about this other than shoot the enemy with Headshot or IE crit if he is in a bad position for whatever reason. At this point Nunu is Cait's only non-gimmick hope of accomplishing anything.

"Cait cant do anything else othe that do what ADCs do, which is a whole lot of DPS" well gee, what a great argument you have there.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#59SoraOwnsAllPosted 1/10/2013 2:33:50 PM
Sure you do.

@dennis

You beat Irelia same way you train your dog :O
Irelia comes to last hit minions put a bomb on it.
Over time you break her down and make her extremely cautious when approaching you.
If she isn't broken by lv3 double bomb the minions she is next to when she sees huge chunk of her hp blow away she runsaway.
Irelia pre level4 can't even fight back well even if she does Time warp yourself and runaway.
post level 6 constantly deny her farm by bombing the minion and when she tries to go for the kill revive + timewarp will easliy get you out. Denied Irelia = free lane

rofl

I really hope you aren't serious

I really really hope you aren't serious

Please tell me you aren't.
---
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
#60_Yag_Posted 1/10/2013 2:40:38 PM
WebBowser posted...
Deanyzy posted...
I always laugh at people saying that Cait fell off late game, there's no such thing as falling off for ADCs.

^this

Some may scale better than others, but none of them actually fall off. Also, she has a decent escape and second only to late-game trist in AA range (I suppose you can also say that late game Koggy has an advantage if you include the steroid, I don't know it's uptime/downtime so I don't know whether or not it lasts long enough to consider Kog as outranging cait). In early to mid game, she is second to none in AA range, and AA range is quite possibly an ADCs most important stat as you cannot buy that, and it is vital for being safe in a teamfight.

Her AA range is why I have always said she was good lategame, the fact the rest of her abilities are mostly irrelevent at that point is irrelevent (her net is just as good of an escape late game as it is early game).

the reason ppl say she "falls off" and was considered bad in comparison to other top tier ADC's is that she has no steroid (her passive could kinda count as one yes), and 2 of her 4 skills are utility and no dmg dealing which is not the point of being an ADC.

at the same time her increased range makes her rly easy to position with and play.
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P