Explain why support Nunu is OP.

#1bast999Posted 1/10/2013 11:59:23 AM
I really didn't like Soraka's team reliance in lolsoloqueue where relying on your team leads to failure, and I don't really like Kayle as a support, so I just went to Nunu for support.

Honestly, he's nowhere near as broken as doublelift and probably conductorsix state he is, because if he would be then he'd be banned every ranked match at all elos like Malph/Ali/Amumu. Yes, his ult is amazing, but it's so piss easy to shut down that it makes him look like Katarina. His Q is mostly useful for jungling, because you can only use it to heal yourself in lane and your ADC will never shut up about it if you use it more than 5 times in lane. His W is the only thing that's OP, because you can literally just babysit the ADC and watch them get way more CS than your lane opponent, then they build straight AD with no AS items at all because they have the perma speed boost Nunu gives them, meanwhile the enemy ADC has to build at least a zeal to start shooting fast and get more CS. His E snowballs very hard into lategame... not. I try poking but honestly it's just not the same when you ****ing melee for AA, unlike Sona who pokes half the ADC's HP away from AA and Q's, meanwhile my pokes tickle. The slow on it is great for ganks though, for when they somehow push us to turret.

Maybe he's OP because he can jungle very well with "double smite" while still being an excellent support?
---
Japan is where points go to die - edgeknight
#2Try_Harder_NubzPosted 1/10/2013 12:01:00 PM
ACTIVE: Invigorates an allied unit by heating their blood, increasing their attack speed and movement speed for 15 seconds. If cast on an ally, Nunu also gains the effect of Blood Boil.
---
LoL/XBL/Steam/Everything: TryHarderNubz
http://i.imgur.com/1hsMf.jpg http://i.imgur.com/z5JK0.jpg http://i.imgur.com/fsLxu.jpg
#3OnionOfMysteryPosted 1/10/2013 12:01:21 PM
You answered your self. Free Zeal, snowball slow OP. He's also almost always tanky by the endgame. Just an annoying, powerful champ.
---
The official OnionOfMystery of Reality.
"Vaan is like a Robin in a universe composed entirely of Batmans."
#4bast999(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:06:56 PM(edited)
Try_Harder_Nubz posted...
ACTIVE: Invigorates an allied unit by heating their blood, increasing their attack speed and movement speed for 15 seconds. If cast on an ally, Nunu also gains the effect of Blood Boil.

bast999 posted...
His W is the only thing that's OP, because you can literally just babysit the ADC and watch them get way more CS than your lane opponent, then they build straight AD with no AS items at all because they have the perma speed boost Nunu gives them, meanwhile the enemy ADC has to build at least a zeal to start shooting fast and get more CS.

So they're literally just complaining about only his W? It's not even about jungle Nunu at all, who can still solo Baron at 15 with one teammate?

OnionOfMystery posted...
You answered your self. Free Zeal, snowball slow OP. He's also almost always tanky by the endgame. Just an annoying, powerful champ.

This is indeed true and all, I've played support Nunu like 13 times already, mostly on ranked because I'm always stuck support/jungle (I jungle with Xin Zhao though), and really if he was this OP I'd be gold elo by now. I think they're over-exaggerating.

and yes he does get tanky lategame. Ruby sightstone with bulwark and situational, plus the GP10 items finished (only one of my games went that far).
---
Japan is where points go to die - edgeknight
#5FvPPosted 1/10/2013 12:03:05 PM
What doesn't he do?
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#6Try_Harder_NubzPosted 1/10/2013 12:05:19 PM
Try_Harder_Nubz posted...

bast999 posted...
His W is the only thing that's OP, because you can literally just babysit the ADC and watch them get way more CS than your lane opponent, then they build straight AD with no AS items at all because they have the perma speed boost Nunu gives them, meanwhile the enemy ADC has to build at least a zeal to start shooting fast and get more CS.

So they're literally just complaining about only his W? It's not even about jungle Nunu at all, who can still solo Baron at 15 with one teammate?

ATTACK SPEED %: 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 65
MOVEMENT SPEED %: 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15

PD Gives
+50% attack speed
+30% critical strike chance
+5% movement speed

That's a free PD outside of the crit.

Yeah, it's ridiculous, and it gives AD's such as Caitlyn who don't have steroids a much more powerful lategame, and those who already are powerful become gods.
---
LoL/XBL/Steam/Everything: TryHarderNubz
http://i.imgur.com/1hsMf.jpg http://i.imgur.com/z5JK0.jpg http://i.imgur.com/fsLxu.jpg
#7FeatherwindPosted 1/10/2013 12:09:06 PM
I acknowledge that he is OP too now even though I don't want him to get reworked or nerfed since I really like him.

His W is basically what makes him an unique threat and now that AD carries have less damage and... well everything the attack and movement speed boost is even more important. It places a lot of pressure on the enemy team to defeat him and the lane partner early since the boosted carry will win at team fights.

He used have issues with some champions in the early game like Sona and some champions were able to play around him for the most part and actually come on top in a teamfight with a boosted carry such as Ezreal (and Sona can still decimate teams with ult boosted ADC or no etc.). These champions aren't as strong as they used to be and now Nunu is harder to stop.

His early game can still be played around and champions like Draven are still a thorn in his side. But it is starting to get pretty overpowering now as it is harder for the AD to win the game early vs. Nunu.
#8TomorrowDogPosted 1/10/2013 12:15:50 PM
Iceball and ultimate are good for peeling/distraction, W makes his AD carry's damage shoot through the roof.

Only support without hard CC though and doesn't have the initiate / wombo combo some of his alternatives do. Getting kited by him and his team though just sucks and I have a hell of a time getting my initiates to stick anymore.

I wish the "Nunu is OP" people were more wrong though. I remember when all of NA would call you bad if you even mentioned support Nunu.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#9pectus_umbraPosted 1/10/2013 12:19:26 PM
I don't think I've ever won as support nunu.
---
Tired of photobucket and imageshack? Ask me about dropbox.
#10kaysa13Posted 1/10/2013 12:26:30 PM
It's not that he's really OP, but IMO he's the jack-of-all-trades of League. He can build AP bruiser top, AP Carry mid, jungler, and support. Two very good crowd control abilities, a free Smite, and an attack speed super-steroid. It's like he's packed with utility in farming, laning, and team fights.

What separates him from the "perma-bans" (Malphite, Amumu, Blitzcrank) is a very, very, very good initiate. Notice the emphasis on how good it should be. Those three mentioned have three of the best, if not THE best, initiates in the game. Sure, Nunu's Ice Blast and Absolute Zero are some of the best crowd control abilities in this game, and one may argue that they can be used as an initiating skill, but nothing can almost compare to those three "perma-bans".
---
This is a signature.