My Cho'gath guide

#11Alastreon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:44:13 PM(edited)
Tekutso posted...
good guide for 400 elo, might be able to get some wins.

Again if you don't have SOMETHING to say just leave,i win at 1300 easily with these,so why couldn't you?
EDIT Not saying 1300 is anything,it isn't but it's a lot higher then 400
---
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1762-2827-4556
#12xMikhalxPosted 1/10/2013 12:48:11 PM(edited)
On top of that, I really advise against early boots unless you're doing well. I would just straight up purchase a catalyst and stay in lane forever. With heavy sustain lanes due to potion spamming and whatnot, it's a waste to buy boots. You're spending 350g for 20 movement speed. Cho can just knock up/silence/eat someone dumb enough to get close anyways. 20 movement speed isn't worth the gold.

Also, depending on matchup, 9/0/21 is better. The 5% movement speed (assuming ooc) is good enough to get you back in lane + extra gold/mana/sustain/free ward than defensive masteries. Cho is usually good enough in lane to make do without defensive masteries.

I feel that warmogs is also underrated. For 2650g, you effectively negate any poke from the opposing team. Armor/magic resist cost tons now and there are so many ways to reduce your armor/resist. Better to have that huge regen/large life pool. You usually dance until you land a perfect rupture on Cho to engage with anyways. Might want to put that into your build. Edit: doesn't mean you don't build armor/resist, but warmogs is a superior option to building armor/resist first.

There's a lot to be improved on your guide tbh, but it's all preferences and mostly because I don't agree with your item build.
#13TomorrowDogPosted 1/10/2013 12:49:03 PM
a5ny5 posted...
you sound hella flustered from me calling you out on your terrible guide. sballah this is why getting people from gfaqs to write guides is a terrible idea

Like SB really gives a crap about LoL's competitive scene when it only comprises a tiny fraction of the actual player-base. And like the competitive scene really matters to 99% of this board, and we aren't all just average tryhards that like to pretend they are professionals.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#14Alastreon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:57:46 PM(edited)
xMikhalx posted...
On top of that, I really advise against early boots unless you're doing well. I would just straight up purchase a catalyst and stay in lane forever. With heavy sustain lanes due to potion spamming and whatnot, it's a waste to buy boots. You're spending 350g for 20 movement speed. Cho can just knock up/silence/eat someone dumb enough to get close anyways. 20 movement speed isn't worth the gold.

Also, depending on matchup, 9/0/21 is better. The 5% movement speed (assuming ooc) is good enough to get you back in lane + extra gold/mana/sustain/free ward than defensive masteries. Cho is usually good enough in lane to make do without defensive masteries.

I feel that warmogs is also underrated. For 2650g, you effectively negate any poke from the opposing team. Armor/magic resist cost tons now and there are so many ways to reduce your armor/resist. Better to have that huge regen/large life pool. You usually dance until you land a perfect rupture on Cho to engage with anyways. Might want to put that into your build. Edit: doesn't mean you don't build armor/resist, but warmogs is a superior option to building armor/resist first.

There's a lot to be improved on your guide tbh, but it's all preferences and mostly because I don't agree with your item build.

If i could(or find how) to put multiple masteries easily i would have some,those are just what i'd get in blind pick,mainly i like boots in case their going to be ganking you or just for killing the enemy and getting an advantage in move speed.
I don't like Warmog's a ton because you're Cho how much health is needed? i would prefer to get MR and Armor to mitigate their damage to your already massive health pool
All good points though,and it is mostly preference with Cho i find.
EDIT and i am updating the matchups as soon as i play more Cho'gath,top lane.
Haven't had the chance to much.
---
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1762-2827-4556
#15EDumeyPosted 1/10/2013 1:05:17 PM

"Don't get movement speed, get sustainability!"
"Screw sustainability, get movement speed!"

I feel that warmogs is also underrated. For 2650g, you effectively negate any poke from the opposing team. Armor/magic resist cost tons now and there are so many ways to reduce your armor/resist. Better to have that huge regen/large life pool. You usually dance until you land a perfect rupture on Cho to engage with anyways. Might want to put that into your build.

You've been watching too much trollDyrus. If you're buying any health item on Cho'Gath, it is RoA. And then you get into the classic argument of whether that's worth it or not, many of which will say to go straight into buying resistance items simply because Cho gets so much free health from his ult. Warmogs is single-faceted and redundant for Cho. Yes, you will live longer, but you can achieve the same thing with that item slot with far more benefits using just about any other item.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#16Knight_Of_OrderPosted 1/10/2013 1:09:12 PM
Your guide is still painfully incomplete, not much we can offer when its lacking even your reasoning for why you chose those items, masteries, skill order. Finish it up and then come back, really.

I'll say one thing though, Nashors is a pretty bad item for Cho, you're much better with just a Wits End and Glacial Shroud.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#17Knight_Of_OrderPosted 1/10/2013 1:10:18 PM
EDumey posted...
You've been watching too much trollDyrus. If you're buying any health item on Cho'Gath, it is RoA. And then you get into the classic argument of whether that's worth it or not, many of which will say to go straight into buying resistance items simply because Cho gets so much free health from his ult. Warmogs is single-faceted and redundant for Cho. Yes, you will live longer, but you can achieve the same thing with that item slot with far more benefits using just about any other item.

Considering the current state of LoL, Warmogs is not an awful choice to build on Cho.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#18xMikhalxPosted 1/10/2013 1:13:26 PM(edited)
Semantics. I meant buying boots for 350g isn't worth it. Defensive masteries on someone with crazy sustain like Cho is unnecessary. If you need the movement speed to get back in lane, then utility masteries with extra wards/gold/movement is a better option imo.

Fair point on the warmogs; RoA is clearly superior for Cho, as is randuins/etc. I clearly wasn't thinking in the mindset for Cho. My bad - I prefer warmogs for other tanky top lanes though because it reduces the pain of pokes.

Edit: Yeah, it isn't, but considering Cho already has a large health pool, its uses aren't as amazing as it should be. I'm not sure, I'd have to play Cho with 'mogs, but then he already has a lot of other contenders for item slots.