#1NimblenewtPosted 1/10/2013 1:11:56 PM
only 2 wards...is this thing worth it?
---
newt newt newt newt newt newt newt newt
i'm 100% newt
#2TomorrowDogPosted 1/10/2013 1:14:16 PM
4 wards broski
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#3Nimblenewt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 1:16:01 PM
maximum of 2 out at once broheim
---
newt newt newt newt newt newt newt newt
i'm 100% newt
#4DottledPosted 1/10/2013 1:17:23 PM
It's three after it's upgraded. I usually buy it and then just buy pink wards on top of it.
---
Overused memes disqualify you from conversing with me.
#5Nowe242Posted 1/10/2013 1:18:37 PM
It's free wards and HP for 700 gold and one slot.

Upgraded it's more gold and one more ward.

It's a nice item to save money if you ward a lot.
---
I'm very passionate about my Scrolls.
I love the way they feel against my skin in the moonlight.
#6FeatherwindPosted 1/10/2013 1:23:19 PM(edited)
I like it. Philosopher's Stone is easier to build in some situations but Sightstone can be good as a first time too if you can get it. The items aren't exclusive by any means and you can get both if you have a good opportunity to do so. Starting with a Flask is one way to go for Sightstone early.

Sightstone also upgrades and even though the upgrade isn't bad it too is hard to build and offers somewhat redundant stats. Especially if you already have a Philosopher's Stone it may not be worth it to upgrade Sightstone and just build a big item instead. While both Sightstone and Ruby Sightstone save you money in the long run getting main items early is important too.
#7FlameLord23Posted 1/10/2013 1:18:57 PM
Sightstone is worth is.

When you have the rest of your build. Otherwise I just buy wards every time back.
---
"All of a sudden there are useless topics on gamefaqs. Oh wait, that's all the time." ~Try_Harder_Nubz
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#8TomorrowDogPosted 1/10/2013 1:20:15 PM
You can destroy previous ones by placing others whenever you need for clutch situations.

Utility-wise it is way closer to leaving base with four wards than it is two.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#9hawkeye2188Posted 1/10/2013 1:22:06 PM
I buy it plus extra wards, my build on support is usually Mercs or CDR boots, Zekes, Aegies(Runic if game gets that far), Sightstone Red, Wards, Shurelyas.
---
GT: hawkeye2188
#10Frost_shock_FTWPosted 1/10/2013 1:22:39 PM
Do you usually drop at least 2 wards every 3 minutes? If yes, rush Sightstone for effectively 8 GP10.

Do you plan on placing at least 4 wards while in laning phase? If yes, consider grabbing Sightstone with leftover gold and selling it later on for a net profit.
---
Spongebob quote goes here. If you're seeing this, I'm on my phone.
Contacts in Profile