Why do people still insist AP/Hybrid Kayle are any good?

#1spincyclemattPosted 1/10/2013 4:39:29 PM
Albeit they are not terrible, but when I hear how much better they are than AD it's pretty hard not to laugh.

One common theme is claiming AD Kayle is bad early but I can't see how unless someone just stands there like an idiot autoattacking instead of kiting. If you aren't good at league AP and Hybrid seem safer and better, but for anyone who knows how to play/punish and do relevant things to affect the game AD seems much better.

With Hybrid/AP your first Q will do a lot of damage maybe up to 20 or 30 percent, but after you're just worthless, and late game they are both underwhelming, the hybrid items are too expensive and meanwhile your ability to get gold keeps going down because of your lack of production.

You don't need a full build for AD to be insane. I usually start out boots pots, grab the mana/health exilir that recharges first back, followed by either a scepter or BF Sword and rush to a BT followed by an IE or a Phantom Dancer. After you get a BF (presming you aren't way behind) you melt anything that isn't incredibly tanky and your passive has built in armor pen. Hell, if I'm ADCing my support usually goes to help another lane because we are so far ahead.
#2VoidgolemPosted 1/10/2013 4:40:29 PM
I don't think anyone actually claims it's better than AD.

it's still a decent build, though. Gunblade/Rageblade too fun.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#3ssj4supervegetaPosted 1/10/2013 4:43:44 PM
as long as you build some CDR you're good. with max CDR you keep your E up constantly o.o
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#4spincyclematt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 5:08:38 PM
Why would anyone need to keep E up constantly. You mostly need your E for team fights, poking, and chasing someone down. The only people who "need to keep E up constantly" are so bad they use E at times when an encounter is likely to occur after and you won't have it up.

CDR helps a bit, but doesn't do a whole lot for Kayle. Playing intelligently the other hand helps much more.
#5xMikhalxPosted 1/10/2013 5:10:59 PM
Being able to keep E up constantly also means that your other abilities are up constantly to make sure you're actually being useful to the team...
#6spincyclematt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 5:29:15 PM
Yes, but AD builds (the best build) don't have a lot of CDR other than off like Black Cleaver and it's not necessary. If you want to play a subpar build for "CDR" go for it I guess.
#7VoidgolemPosted 1/10/2013 5:30:34 PM
Zephyr has CDR.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#8spincyclematt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 5:31:56 PM
AD Kayle doesn't usually build Zephyr though. Phantom Dancer, Shiv, or Wit's End (if they have lots of AP) are better for AS.
#9_HeXPosted 1/10/2013 5:33:31 PM
spincyclematt posted...
Why would anyone need to keep E up constantly. You mostly need your E for team fights, poking, and chasing someone down. The only people who "need to keep E up constantly" are so bad they use E at times when an encounter is likely to occur after and you won't have it up.

CDR helps a bit, but doesn't do a whole lot for Kayle. Playing intelligently the other hand helps much more.

Right right, 20ish second CD on her ult isn't like really good or anything.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#10spincyclematt(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 5:34:58 PM
Having optimal items and a higher CD on her ult is better than subpar items for a lower cooldown.