Topic about Zed

#1Stalky24Posted 1/10/2013 10:20:33 PM
So I had one of the nights I have 3-4 times a year where I caught up on Naruto manga and ninjas are now all I can think of.

Might buy Zed just because of that. But I already have both Talon and Kha and don't play him that much becuase I dislike champions who can build only one way or do only one role.

How is his jungle and toplane?
#2CheezWhizXPosted 1/10/2013 10:21:49 PM
His jungle is trash outside of a coordinated team.
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
PKMN Diamond FC: 0560 6381 4898
#3awwwSNAPPosted 1/10/2013 10:23:36 PM
Stalky24 posted...
So I had one of the nights I have 3-4 times a year where I caught up on Naruto manga and ninjas are now all I can think of.

Might buy Zed just because of that. But I already have both Talon and Kha and don't play him that much becuase I dislike champions who can build only one way or do only one role.

How is his jungle and toplane?

Not great against bruisers top because he needs to build mostly assassin (although most streams I've seen they add a warmogs eventually), but his jungle is strong. He's like Kha in that he does preposterous amounts of damage but relies on cc from the lane or just bursting people down before they can get away. He's very strong against AP mids as well.

Skill cap is way higher than Kha's though. I can't really speak to Talon's, but shadow management definitely takes some learning.
#4BlocktopusPosted 1/10/2013 10:24:11 PM
Top lane is alright, can't trade with most tops cuz squishy and energy problems, jungle is pretty terrible until 6, mid is pretty good.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
Hyena Warwick at your service do arams with me pls
#5Masemune_100Posted 1/10/2013 11:30:01 PM
Your best bet is to take him top or mid and build straight damage unless you aren't ahead or even.
Don't take him against tanky team comps, otherwise his effectiveness is diminished greatly.
Poke with Q and W+E. Only poke with W+E if you have wards or know where the jungler is.
Don't try to hard engage until 6. At that point you should pull a Darius and kill whoever you're laning against.
In teamfights, you need to hit the APC or the ADC, depending on whoever the bigger threat is. Don't try to initiate with your ult though unless you know you can get out, or if your team is coordinated.
After ulting a single target, save your W for chasing. Use it to get away in teamfights.
My usual build order is Boots+Pots > Brutilizer > Hexdrinker if against AP, Bloodthirster otherwise > Boots 2 > Black Cleaver after BT > Last Whisper > GA or another BT depending.

I think that about covers it lol.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#6BlocktopusPosted 1/11/2013 8:39:54 AM
Masemune_100 posted...
Your best bet is to take him top or mid and build straight damage unless you aren't ahead or even.
Don't take him against tanky team comps, otherwise his effectiveness is diminished greatly.
Poke with Q and W+E. Only poke with W+E if you have wards or know where the jungler is.
Don't try to hard engage until 6. At that point you should pull a Darius and kill whoever you're laning against.
In teamfights, you need to hit the APC or the ADC, depending on whoever the bigger threat is. Don't try to initiate with your ult though unless you know you can get out, or if your team is coordinated.
After ulting a single target, save your W for chasing. Use it to get away in teamfights.
My usual build order is Boots+Pots > Brutilizer > Hexdrinker if against AP, Bloodthirster otherwise > Boots 2 > Black Cleaver after BT > Last Whisper > GA or another BT depending.

I think that about covers it lol.

This guy knows exactly what the **** is up.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
Hyena Warwick at your service do arams with me pls
#7Masemune_100Posted 1/11/2013 4:16:52 PM
Blocktopus posted...
This guy knows exactly what the **** is up.

Well, I've been playing the guy for a while. It'd be dumb if I didn't know what I was doing :P
---
GT - Judgement Blade
#8VoidgolemPosted 1/11/2013 4:18:17 PM
clears fast, but is in dire need of AD to function properly - you still can't really buy AD in the jungle due to no money ever.

I haven't tried him in lane, so I couldn't really comment there.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#9Masemune_100Posted 1/11/2013 4:21:40 PM
Voidgolem posted...
clears fast, but is in dire need of AD to function properly - you still can't really buy AD in the jungle due to no money ever.

I haven't tried him in lane, so I couldn't really comment there.

Jungle Zed is really bad tbh. Too dependent on CC from the lane, and you can't really give kills to whoever needs them, since they'd have to kill them in before Death Mark fired. His clears are fast so.............yay?
---
GT - Judgement Blade
#10VoidgolemPosted 1/11/2013 4:25:16 PM(edited)
Jungle Zed is really bad tbh. Too dependent on CC from the lane, and you can't really give kills to whoever needs them, since they'd have to kill them in before Death Mark fired. His clears are fast so.............yay?

wasn't trying to say he was a good jungler.

if it gave enough cash for AD-building to, y'know, work in there. Maybe. Better off in lane.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg