How should ADCs build agasint a team of bruisers and tanks?

#11Dark VaporeonPosted 1/11/2013 8:51:26 AM(edited)
_Yag_ posted...
Dark Vaporeon posted...
Nobody mentioned Blade of the Ruined king yet?
Gotta sustain man... gotta sustain.

BT bro......

My standard Twitch/Draven build is in this order:

Dorans
Grieves
BT
PD
IE
BotRK
LW

You just sustain like a boss and you do amazing damage, Rarely lose my bot lane to others. I only lose when I have a support Zyra or Zilean cuz you know, gotta push that lane with your plants! Or just nuke the hell out of them caster minons for the lulzies

Edit;

In teamfights you just hit the enemy's squishies and then when you fight the bruisers use the active of the BOTRK for a little extra burst in your own hp gain and you should be able to out sustain them.
---
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Eternity ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When yesterday is gone, and tomorrow never comes.
#12mistrfantasyPosted 1/11/2013 8:54:55 AM
Viable s3 Adcs fall into 2 categories, the mf category and the Nunu category. Mf category is just Mf. And that's building bc and lw. The Nunu category is build damage and have Nunu steroids crap on people.
#13BhelliumPosted 1/11/2013 8:57:49 AM
Yes, BoRK is great if they build tanky. Maybe not as much at the start but a 4th or 5th item definitely.

Personally I wish they'd remove the active and buff the damage, i hardly ever use that slow and the damage is just pathetic.
---
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit-Mark Twain
Mark Twain is the most misquoted man of all time- Benjamin Disraeli
#14LinktheMan46Posted 1/11/2013 9:03:47 AM
Bhellium posted...
Yes, BoRK is great if they build tanky. Maybe not as much at the start but a 4th or 5th item definitely.

Personally I wish they'd remove the active and buff the damage, i hardly ever use that slow and the damage is just pathetic.

Wut. You're doing it waaaaaay wrong. The slow on BotRK has saved my ass so many times. It's amazing. It slows them, deals a decent amount of damage, heals you and gives you a speed boost.
---
"If your going to make fun of someone don't make yourself look like a tool by using the wrong version of your." - Hexrapper
#15_Yag_Posted 1/11/2013 9:05:52 AM
Dark Vaporeon posted...
_Yag_ posted...
Dark Vaporeon posted...

BT bro......

My standard Twitch/Draven build is in this order:

Dorans
Grieves
BT
PD
IE
BotRK
LW

You just sustain like a boss and you do amazing damage, Rarely lose my bot lane to others. I only lose when I have a support Zyra or Zilean cuz you know, gotta push that lane with your plants! Or just nuke the hell out of them caster minons for the lulzies

Edit;

In teamfights you just hit the enemy's squishies and then when you fight the bruisers use the active of the BOTRK for a little extra burst in your own hp gain and you should be able to out sustain them.

honestly against a super tanky team like the OP is talking about you would get BotRK for the %HP shred more than the sustain but I do think it should be core on ADC's now too, I dont get why people are so stuck on using the exact same build as before and ignoring S3 items.
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P
#16SpacefrisianPosted 1/11/2013 9:27:18 AM
_Yag_ posted...
Dark Vaporeon posted...

BT bro......

Bruisers tend to get a big amount of something called Health, Blade of ruined king is the better item to get.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#17BhelliumPosted 1/11/2013 9:29:50 AM
LinktheMan46 posted...
Bhellium posted...

Wut. You're doing it waaaaaay wrong. The slow on BotRK has saved my ass so many times. It's amazing. It slows them, deals a decent amount of damage, heals you and gives you a speed boost.

a lot of it is i just forget i have it, and use characters that already have slows anyways so...
---
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit-Mark Twain
Mark Twain is the most misquoted man of all time- Benjamin Disraeli
#18_Yag_Posted 1/11/2013 9:29:58 AM
Spacefrisian posted...
_Yag_ posted...
Dark Vaporeon posted...

BT bro......

Bruisers tend to get a big amount of something called Health, Blade of ruined king is the better item to get.

not in the respect that he was talking about, he was talking about sustain, and BT grants the highest Lifesteal of any item. kthx
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P