Twisted fate build

#1alcaPWNED212Posted 1/11/2013 7:51:47 AM
Im not a great twisted fate, but I've had some good games in season 2. When season 3 hit I kinda forgot about him but I want to play him again because I picked up that magnificent skin. I'm wondering what a build I'm shooting for for TF is. I alter it depending on the matchups but it's usually something like.

-sorcs
-LB
-deathcap
-abyssal
-chalice
-DFG

what changes should I make to this? I heard twin shadows was great on him but I feel like that's not enough damage and I like to stack damage because according to some chart someone posted, he has the lowest level 18 burst in the game. also, I think it might be a good idea to fit a Rylais in there somewhere for the sustain and constant slows, especially if I wanna use it with a blue card. And what about replacing chalice with an archangels? Should I not build any mana regen because of blue cards? It still seems to me that at times I run too low and mana seeing as I am constantly spamming Qs.

Ty gfaqs
---
I paid my taxes so why cant i punch everyone i see on the street?! WTF Government?!- Knight_Of_Order
#2kourkourPosted 1/11/2013 7:55:01 AM
Apparently you build twin shadows for the mspeed, you ain't gonna be able to burst down people late game no matter what, you're a poker.

I'm not 100% sure about this but that's what some trustworthy people said.
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
#3alcaPWNED212(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 9:49:56 AM
kourkour posted...
Apparently you build twin shadows for the mspeed, you ain't gonna be able to burst down people late game no matter what, you're a poker.

I'm not 100% sure about this but that's what some trustworthy people said.

That makes sense. All the stats benefit TF well. Plus I can see the active being helpful for ganks. At what point in my build do I get it?
---
I paid my taxes so why cant i punch everyone i see on the street?! WTF Government?!- Knight_Of_Order
#49tailedphoenixPosted 1/11/2013 9:52:07 AM
I think people say rush it, but personally, I'd get at least one doran's before it, if not part of my hat.
---
patent pending
#5KirbixPosted 1/11/2013 9:56:30 AM(edited)
I would personally get Kage and then Lichbane before finishing twin shadows.

Might as well milk the passive gold while you can, and both Lichbane & Twin Shadows give 5% MS, so you can finish them in any order and still benefit from the bonus.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#6_Yag_Posted 1/11/2013 9:56:47 AM
well its never a bad idea to get a pick right off the bat, maybe get that for the gp/5 then finish shadows off after you've gotten a couple rings or sheen.
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P
#7Frost_shock_FTWPosted 1/11/2013 10:08:17 AM
Start Boots 3 or Amp Tome if you're a boss
Kage's
Sorcs
Sheen
Deathcap
Lich Bane
Twin Shadows
Void Staff
Situational

That seems like a good order to me, but I don't play much TF. Don't forget your movement speed quints.
---
Spongebob quote goes here. If you're seeing this, I'm on my phone.
Contacts in Profile
#8alcaPWNED212(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 10:22:51 AM
Frost_shock_FTW posted...
Kage's
Sorcs
Sheen
Deathcap
Lich Bane
Twin Shadows
Void Staff
Situational

That seems like a good order to me, but I don't play much TF. Don't forget your movement speed quints.

Ive seen people getting abyssal instead of void staff. yay or nay?
---
#9_Yag_Posted 1/11/2013 10:26:40 AM
alcaPWNED212 posted...
Frost_shock_FTW posted...
Kage's
Sorcs
Sheen
Deathcap
Lich Bane
Twin Shadows
Void Staff
Situational

Ive seen people getting abyssal instead of void staff. yay or nay?

depends on how the enemy team is building, if you dont see much Mres in their itemization (or need Mres yourself) then go abyssal, or if someone else on your team (say you have an amumu) goes abyssal having two of them can be pretty potent
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P