So when is riot gonna nerf armor pen/ad mids?

#1AK47plzPosted 1/12/2013 1:36:58 AM
Panth/Talon/Khazix/Lee Sin are dominating all ap mids atm, it's kinda ridiculous. There's no good items that have early armor besides zhonyas which you dont want first on most mids anyway. Even if you get armor, a brutalizer early completely gets rid of it so armor's just a waste of money. I see any of those 4 mids more than ap's now, it's really stupid.
---
terran
#2RyokoWinsPosted 1/12/2013 1:39:52 AM
I'm totally fine with changing the meta and all that, but not to the point where no one plays AP anymore. Like, ever. That's where things seem to be going.
---
I am whoever I need to be.
#3KarmicDragon1Posted 1/12/2013 1:39:55 AM
Just rush Zhonya's and Guardian Angel asap. If you have those within 10 minutes you'll be just fine.
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#4ZedPowerPosted 1/12/2013 1:40:03 AM
AK47plz posted...
Even if you get armor, a brutalizer early completely gets rid of it

40 - 10 = 0

woooooo yeah
---
"ˇViva La Revolución!"
-Salvador Limones
#5AmarajahPosted 1/12/2013 1:41:18 AM(edited)
It's kind of because of all the revamps to items and the whole penetration system...they'd have to do something drastic to make it only typical mids like before. I mean stacking armor when the enemy doesn't have much AP damage doesn't even work when it's more expensive, the penetration works a different way, and there's the new black cleaver. Also AD as a stat is a little easier/cheaper to get. AP is still of course playable and have their own unique options but it's just not gonna be only typical mids now.
#6AK47plz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 1:43:23 AM
ZedPower posted...
AK47plz posted...

40 - 10 = 0

woooooo yeah

It does enough damage that you can still easily kill a squishy ap with 1 combo. It's effectively a wasted item slot because you're not building any actual ap items.
---
terran
#7vladymanPosted 1/12/2013 1:54:51 AM
I honestly don't see the problem. You can always laneswitch (your team composition must always be made with laneswitching in mind. If not, its your own fault for being inflexible). You can call for early jungle ganks (most ad assassins are VERY easy to kill early game) and snowball from that. Or you can, you know, just play better. Have you watched the recent tournaments - there was only a couple of matches where people played all-ad teams and those teams always lost. If you are a good player, you can always play decently, no matter who you are up against. Hell, just 2 days ago, I managed to crush a pantheon with gangplank and an olaf with khazix, just because I know how to play them.
#8TheTrueAmericanPosted 1/12/2013 2:01:15 AM
I wanted them to get rid of ranged ad carries, not AP carries.
#9Arken101Posted 1/12/2013 2:12:10 AM(edited)
ZedPower posted...
AK47plz posted...

40 - 10 = 0

woooooo yeah

Actually it's more like:
40- (40x0.08)-10-16.6-5=5.2 so he would actually be dealing an extra 5% damage following the way the damage calculation on armor is. That is saying of course that 40 is total armor which is what I'd assumed.
---
Dota2 is mai waifu
PSN/360: Maximal769
#10MakJussPosted 1/12/2013 2:36:01 AM
AK47plz posted...
Panth/Talon/Khazix/Lee Sin are dominating all ap mids atm, it's kinda ridiculous. There's no good items that have early armor besides zhonyas which you dont want first on most mids anyway. Even if you get armor, a brutalizer early completely gets rid of it so armor's just a waste of money. I see any of those 4 mids more than ap's now, it's really stupid.

Do you realize AD mid make shutting down enemy team easier ? At least 3 people will do physical damage (ADC , AD mid and either top / jungle). Iceborn Gauntlet , Banner of Command and Zhonya. So shut them down with proper rune and mastery. Get defensive tree 9 point for HP and armor seal yellow.

inb4 someone QQ about 8%+38 mpen Katarina raping their AD team.