how do you beat olaf in top

#1og_megamanPosted 1/13/2013 2:44:27 AM
he seems to have too much damage and durability to keep him from out csing and then if you try he jumps in and stomps?
---
-------------
#2Small_appliancePosted 1/13/2013 2:46:37 AM
You don't.
---
Cooler than Freddie Jackson sippin' a milkshake in a snowstorm.
#3MwarriorHieiPosted 1/13/2013 2:48:31 AM
pick olaf first
---
o.o
#4Shadow_King56Posted 1/13/2013 2:49:08 AM
You don't. Not single-handedly anyway. Let him push and set him up for a gank from your jungler. Make sure your jungler is a high burst champ that doesn't rely on CC to gank since Olaf's ult will make it useless (Kha Zix is a great example of a jungler who can successfully gank Olaf, so is Lee Sin to a smaller extent).

Other than that he has no counters and can dominate his lane easily since he wins every trade.
---
*Claims Kokonoe Rin, Vita, Nagi, Evangeline, Hanyuu, Cao Cao (KM), Kaguya, and Flonne-sama*
#5g-cube_mastaPosted 1/13/2013 2:49:21 AM
as who? Different champions deal with him in different ways.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#6aHappySackaPosted 1/13/2013 2:50:19 AM
You pick Cho'Gath then build tanky DPS like I do then kick his ass, or just use someone that's ranged like Vlad, Kennen or Swain.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#7darkman95Posted 1/13/2013 2:51:07 AM
The only champ who counters Olaf is Elise, and it's a soft counter she can't shut him down, but she can out poke him and force him to play safe. Jayce can do it too, but Elise does it better.
---
"The only people who should shoot, are those who are prepared to be shot at."- The Great Emperor Lelouch Vi Britannia
#8og_megaman(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 2:51:34 AM
was jayce but he was just too damaging for some reason i even had tanky runes and masteries. i had 0 ganks so i guess thats why from top posts
---
-------------
#9gfshynoblPosted 1/13/2013 2:51:55 AM
kat
---
EL fudge Mph:Africabot LoL:africabot
#10Shadow_King56Posted 1/13/2013 2:54:52 AM
aHappySacka posted...
You pick Cho'Gath then build tanky DPS like I do then kick his ass, or just use someone that's ranged like Vlad, Kennen or Swain.

Tanky items are useless against true damage so Cho is outclassed he can't win trades against Olaf. In fact Olaf's ult counter Cho pretty hard since Cho relies on hard CC. Vlad is a decent choice, but that just stalemates the lane since both of you have godly sustain and you still won't win trades if he manages to get close. Kennen again relies on CC, Olaf's ult counters him. Swain relies on his stun, Olaf's ult counters him and his true damage makes Swain's ult useless
---
*Claims Kokonoe Rin, Vita, Nagi, Evangeline, Hanyuu, Cao Cao (KM), Kaguya, and Flonne-sama*