question about two items being used together.

#1bobguydude1Posted 1/13/2013 1:55:51 AM
if I build a hurricane and a static shiv, will the shiv proc on the other attacks sent out by the hurricane? I guess it would be like 3 shiv procs at once?
---
YOU BROKE RNG!!?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!- insane_pyro74
#2Alakazam_fanPosted 1/13/2013 1:59:51 AM
stop making topics.
---
Don't stop, never give up, hold your head high and reach the top. Let the world see what you have got. Bring it all back to you.
~Elise is mai waifu~
#3MtnJimPosted 1/13/2013 2:10:46 AM
each secondary attack counts as an AA towards shiv's next proc. Each time you fire, you will generate 30 charge (assuming you land all three) towards the next shock, but the bolt itself behaves normally. This comes out to a static 200% charge increase if you aren't attack-moving (which makes 300% before someone says "3 hits is more than double"). That percentage does not include the increase in attack speed, merely the charge value per auto in an ideal AoE situation.
---
"A world without children... future generations will thank us!" ~ Stan Smith
#4WafflesquadPosted 1/13/2013 2:29:20 AM
WHOA... IT'S A FULL TRIPLE SHIV PROC ALL THE WAY! ALL THE WAY! ACROSS THE MAP!!! IT'S SO BRIGHT AND VIVID!!!!
---
Ask me about warspoons.
#5MizunoRyuuPosted 1/13/2013 7:41:18 AM
The shiv would charge faster so you'd get procs more often, but the extra bolts wouldn't activate the spark.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#6B01tPosted 1/13/2013 8:01:42 AM
MizunoRyuu posted...
The shiv would charge faster so you'd get procs more often, but the extra bolts wouldn't activate the spark.

true, but hurricane still syncs well with shiv. In my experience, even in a hurricane build, you still want crit. My usual kog'maw build is: zerkers, BT, shiv, IE, Hurricane, GA.

Shiv and hurricane proc extremely well together, since it means its going off every 3 hits for on average 175 magic damage spread out across 4 targets. Not to mention that this build gives you a ton of attack speed. the AD is rather low, at 300 ad, but you've still got IE-crits, and it's kogmaw with ~2.0 attack speed....
---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.