How do I survive laning as vayne?

#1Ultoman2Posted 1/13/2013 11:04:49 AM(edited)
I generally try to play it safe and just survive the laning phase, but I always seem to get zoned and dived.

I start flask/ward/pots with E to knock back anyone trying to dodge me or stun someone for a kill if they get out of position.

It's either hyper carry the game because I'm paired against idiots, or feed and get yelled at by our 'support' Master Yi or something.

(Also, I generally try to avoid her because I'm horrible with her, I just got forced into the role because I'm even worse of a jungler - Yes, I should've dodged.)
---
History is only as accurate as the Author of the Book.
#2Tony2CapPosted 1/13/2013 11:08:10 AM
if you cant adc wit vayne, and if you are forced to adc, dodge
---
---violence, if it isn't allready solving all your problems, then you're not using enough of it---
#3Dota2Posted 1/13/2013 11:11:18 AM
not suck
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif
#4Ultoman2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 11:13:01 AM
Dota2 posted...
not suck

bby pls.

i tri 2 not but u rn't hlping me l2p
---
#5gallantknightPosted 1/13/2013 11:31:38 AM
probably start boots+3 instead for more mobility, and you need a strong sustain support like Taric/Soraka/Sona. Taric is a pretty good idea because he's a really strong laning support, and that's when Vayne needs babying the most.

A good Sona can poke enemies down a lot while taking minimal damage which will mitigate how much they harrass you, and she also offers heal, damage bonuses and an MS bonus with a hard AoE disengage.

Soraka can just do the heal and mana replenish thing which usually lets you outsustain the enemy.

Definitely get Flash/Cleanse most of the time because your short range leaves you vulnerable to CC.

Also Vayne's positioning is super important and she has a low cooldown skill that allows her to constantly reposition herself. Always try to be in a good position.

Ultimately practice ADC more and learn to last hit and when you can go in for harass blah blah blah
---
"When you want to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful!"
#6LOLganPosted 1/13/2013 11:33:01 AM
go 9/21/0
#7SoulknightX0Posted 1/13/2013 11:46:24 AM
You probably shouldn't play vayne if you aren't good at AD carry. It's better to start with some of the easier laning ones such as graves, MF, cait or ezreal.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bentrey/
#8Ultoman2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 11:57:21 AM
SoulknightX0 posted...
You probably shouldn't play vayne if you aren't good at AD carry. It's better to start with some of the easier laning ones such as graves, MF, cait or ezreal.

I can play all of those effectively, and most other carries for that matter.

I just suck as vayne.

Though I thank everyone for the tips.
---
#9Luster_SlyPosted 1/13/2013 12:01:56 PM(edited)
why do you take a support starting build when you're adc
start boots+pots, buy wards later if your support isnt

dont take E level one, take Q and then W. Take E at 4. They're not gonna turret dive you at level 2. Definitely don't push, just last hit. Use Q to farm under tower. Vayne is really support reliant so have a good support too.
---
http://i.imgur.com/4WWRR.png
#10TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 1/13/2013 12:03:10 PM(edited)
1. If you're not good at ADC don't play Vayne. I suggest Caitlyn; She's not the best late game, but she dominates the laning phase.

2. To survive laning as Vayne I play aggressive to avoid getting zoned out. People know Vayne has a bad early game, so they already plan to take advantage of you, and if you show them you're scared by playing passively you're screwed. My plan is usually to tumble to the side of the enemy and condemn them into a wall (or just tumble towards them, get a shot in, then back out of range and go back to CSing) every time they try to CS. That tumble shot can chunk a bit of health off, and they'll learn that every time they try to CS you're going to make them pay for it. That's usually enough to make them fear you, so they won't be looking for ways to put you down, they'll be looking for ways to safely get CS.

And don't take wards.
Flask + pots if you don't have a sustain support and they have a lot of poke/sustain
Boots + pots otherwise
Long Sword + pots if you're feeling confident (I prefer the boots so I can get out of range quicker after a tumble shot)
Doran's Blade if you're suicidal
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar