How do I survive laning as vayne?

#11Ultoman2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 12:08:08 PM
TAMIUS_REBORN posted...
1. If you're not good at ADC don't play Vayne. I suggest Caitlyn; She's not the best late game, but she dominates the laning phase.

2. To survive laning as Vayne I play aggressive to avoid getting zoned out. People know Vayne has a bad early game, so they already plan to take advantage of you, and if you show them you're scared by playing passively you're screwed. My plan is usually to tumble to the side of the enemy and condemn them into a wall (or just tumble towards them, get a shot in, then back out of range and go back to CSing) every time they try to CS. That tumble shot can chunk a bit of health off, and they'll learn that every time they try to CS you're going to make them pay for it. That's usually enough to make them fear you, so they won't be looking for ways to put you down, they'll be looking for ways to safely get CS.

And don't take wards.
Flask + pots if you don't have a sustain support and they have a lot of poke/sustain
Boots + pots otherwise
Long Sword + pots if you're feeling confident (I prefer the boots so I can get out of range quicker after a tumble shot)
Doran's Blade if you're suicidal

The bolded part is false. It's just Vayne

I thank you for the rest, though. I start 1 ward if my lane partner did not do so, as to not get early ganked by the jungler. I generally just want to stay alive, harass if healthy enough to do so, etc.
---
History is only as accurate as the Author of the Book.
#12gkh5Posted 1/13/2013 12:08:16 PM
This is gonna sound counterintuitive, but the best way to play Vayne (at lower level play at least) is very aggressively. Pick someone with big damage (Leona or Taric) and try to pin someone to a wall whenever possible. If you do it right you can snowball the lane really hard. Also in my experience, a good Lulu or Nami works well with Vayne as their poke and CC discourages engages.
---
LoL IGN: alpha10
#13B01tPosted 1/13/2013 12:15:14 PM
gkh5 posted...
This is gonna sound counterintuitive, but the best way to play Vayne (at lower level play at least) is very aggressively. Pick someone with big damage (Leona or Taric) and try to pin someone to a wall whenever possible. If you do it right you can snowball the lane really hard. Also in my experience, a good Lulu or Nami works well with Vayne as their poke and CC discourages engages.

i'd actually agree with this. her E can let her do great burst damage if you pin them against a wall, as well as chain CC them. It's situational, but definitely viable. with blitz for example, it'd be great. Pull>knockup>condemn> they' really ought to be dead by now
---
Idealism is seeing potential. Pragmatism is seeing consequences.