Need to decide between rammus and leona as tank....

#1megamanzero1000Posted 1/13/2013 10:18:57 AM
Which one do you feel is the better tank?
---
"I'll see you guys at dinner"
#2DeathWyvernPosted 1/13/2013 10:22:30 AM
Considering Leona isn't really played as a tank...
---
Mythologick
Welcome to the League of Akali. - Teammate after Akali penta.
#3Beech_tibsPosted 1/13/2013 10:27:46 AM
Rammus in the jungle is still scary though has been nerfed hard in the past and is only really a counterpick or imho a pubstomper (lol q+ flash+taunt ganks)

leona requires you to have a team of people who possess a brain...

rammy is a better "tank" neither should be top lane if thats what you are asking...

leo is support

rammus is a jungler
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#4megamanzero1000(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 10:28:58 AM
Beech_tibs posted...
Rammus in the jungle is still scary though has been nerfed hard in the past and is only really a counterpick or imho a pubstomper (lol q+ flash+taunt ganks)

leona requires you to have a team of people who possess a brain...

rammy is a better "tank" neither should be top lane if thats what you are asking...

leo is support

rammus is a jungler

Yeah I understand, I'm just wondering which of the 2 is a better tank in teamfights.
---
"I'll see you guys at dinner"
#5sequeezeyPosted 1/13/2013 10:30:24 AM
Leona is more of a late-game tank, as she just doesn't have enough money to build tank super tanky at the beginning. If the game lasts more than, maybe, 40 minutes though she becomes really scary.
---
__ +_Sequeezey_+__
_-* *-___-* *-___-* *-_
#6Beech_tibsPosted 1/13/2013 10:37:31 AM
the differance is Eclipse vs defensive ball curl

Eclipse lvl 5 70 armor and mag res for 3 (6 if hit) seconds

or

DBC lvl 5 120 armor and mag res for 6 seconds

rammus has this...
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#7The_PwnisherPosted 1/13/2013 10:42:56 AM
If Rammus survives to the late game the enemy team is screwed.
#8EnclosurePosted 1/13/2013 10:51:43 AM
Rammus ganks are scarier than Leona's, since he can just powerball up to you and taunt and theres not a whole lot you can do about it except hope the rammus player is bad and drives into something else first. With leona, if you dodge zenith blade, you have a good chance of avoiding death.

Once teamfights roll around though, leona's stun is 1.25s every 7s, while rammus is 3s ever 12s, making rammus's a bit deadlier. however, leona still has a 0.5s immobilize every 9s and her ult for a 1.5s aoe stun.

Damage wise, rammus probably does more factoring in a full ult, but that pretty much never happens.

Id say with rammus you want to go for a short/mid length game, with powerball ganks getting your team fed hard quickly, while with leona you can be effective pretty much all game.
---
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1678/87591610.jpg
#9Gun SagePosted 1/13/2013 10:57:48 AM
Enclosure posted...
Rammus ganks are scarier than Leona's, since he can just powerball up to you and taunt and theres not a whole lot you can do about it except hope the rammus player is bad and drives into something else first. With leona, if you dodge zenith blade, you have a good chance of avoiding death.

Once teamfights roll around though, leona's stun is 1.25s every 7s, while rammus is 3s ever 12s, making rammus's a bit deadlier. however, leona still has a 0.5s immobilize every 9s and her ult for a 1.5s aoe stun.

Damage wise, rammus probably does more factoring in a full ult, but that pretty much never happens.

Id say with rammus you want to go for a short/mid length game, with powerball ganks getting your team fed hard quickly, while with leona you can be effective pretty much all game.

Rammus' ult HURTS, so long as you get in the middle of the enemy team and build defensive, the enemy has to target you. 8 seconds is about the length of a teamfight, and with your ult going all the enemies will either expend their escapes/flash, or try and fight it out. They focus you, your team will tear them apart because you're too tanky. They ignore you, you deal about 1k magic damage to everyone on the enemy team. The enemy tank may not care, but anyone else sure will.
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!
#10EnclosurePosted 1/13/2013 11:02:26 AM
I dont know about you, but my enemies don't conveniently all stay together in one spot. Rarely are they clumped enough to get more than 3 people in the ult range, and one of those is usually at the edge far enough to simply take one maybe two ticks of it then walk out.
its a pretty small area that it effects. Unless you have an orianna vacuum following you, hitting everyone just doesn't happen.
---
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1678/87591610.jpg