Wait people still lock their screen? :O

#11RoyMaster4Posted 1/13/2013 1:05:51 PM
I keep mine locked. I can't play unlocked... I tried and failed miserably. I have to keep moving the screen to keep up with the action and it diverts my attention away from the important things - that is, last hitting creeps and harassment. I end up with less than 10 cs as a carry if I use unlocked.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023511833
Pokemon White FC: 1420-6147-6059
#12DredjPosted 1/13/2013 1:08:49 PM
Protip - Space bar locks on your champion for as long as you hold it.

So unlock that camera and just use space bar when you need to.
#13BenaldricPosted 1/13/2013 1:10:59 PM
Dartkun posted...
Benaldric posted...
I don't really see the problem with locked screen unless your somebody like koggy but most champs can be played with a locked screen

It's possible but not optimal.

I could also play this game with a single hand on a 2 button mouse and click the skills, but it's not optimal.

There are no advantages to playing with a locked screen, but there are advantages to playing unlocked. However small you believe.

I know many 1900 Elo players who play with a locked screen, but even they can't say there are real advantages to playing locked, they just don't want to learn how to play unlocked.

Even if you prefer locked, playing unlocked then holding space bar when you need it is still better. Such that on down-time (running back to lane or inbetween last hits) you can look around you. Then when you need it you can always press space bar.

It's like smart-cast vs dumb-cast. I prefer dumb-cast most of the time but I don't deny that smart-cast is faster. It's just a fact.

did I say that locked screen was better? no i just said that you don't really need to have it unlocked. yes it does give you more vision and you can freely move around the map but lots people think its a hassle moving it around (unless they practice and get used to it)
---
Pokemon D code: 2149 5920 7371 name: Sky
AC:CF Code 4597 4684 3513 oakvale,Ben
#14DartkunPosted 1/13/2013 1:12:46 PM(edited)
Benaldric posted...
there's a mini-map for that if I see stuff go down I click it and I'm there yes you do lose a little bit of vision around you but that's ok with me

And what about things like.

Let's say you see an enemy drop a ward. But it's out of your screens vision. Can you tell if it's a pink or green ward?

What about effects that show up in the fog of war but do not show up on your mini-map such as Shaco's stealth.

What about dodging long range skillshots that do not appear on your minimap.

Edit: And I agreed with you. Most champions can be played with a locked screen. I will never ever say you HAVE to use an unlocked screen. I'm just saying there are many reasons why if you want to get better at this game you SHOULD take the time to learn it. But if this game is just a way to pass time and relax. I wouldn't worry about it.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#15BenaldricPosted 1/13/2013 1:21:09 PM(edited)
Dartkun posted...
Benaldric posted...
there's a mini-map for that if I see stuff go down I click it and I'm there yes you do lose a little bit of vision around you but that's ok with me

And what about things like.

Let's say you see an enemy drop a ward. But it's out of your screens vision. Can you tell if it's a pink or green ward?

What about effects that show up in the fog of war but do not show up on your mini-map such as Shaco's stealth.

What about dodging long range skillshots that do not appear on your minimap.

Edit: And I agreed with you. Most champions can be played with a locked screen. I will never ever say you HAVE to use an unlocked screen. I'm just saying there are many reasons why if you want to get better at this game you SHOULD take the time to learn it. But if this game is just a way to pass time and relax. I wouldn't worry about it.

and I agree with you unlocked screen is better in every way you just have to get used to it:) lol sorry sometimes I like to be kinda aggressive
---
Pokemon D code: 2149 5920 7371 name: Sky
AC:CF Code 4597 4684 3513 oakvale,Ben
#16AnubisGhostPosted 1/13/2013 1:20:42 PM
I find it impossible to play with a locked screen, i tried and find that the field of vision is too damn small

i lock my camera with spacebar when I'm going place just for the fact that when i keep it unlocked, i sometimes get caught up it a teamfight the other side of the map and i get ganked, by that time i'm mostly already dead
#17chicostickPosted 1/13/2013 1:21:10 PM
at first I did not believe that people actually played with locked screen.

The more i played the game, the more I found people who actually played with locked screen.

They do not have map awareness despite saying they look at the minimap
#18_SNAGRAT_LIEPosted 1/13/2013 1:22:46 PM
I keep mine locked. I can't play unlocked... I tried and failed miserably. I have to keep moving the screen to keep up with the action and it diverts my attention away from the important things - that is, last hitting creeps and harassment. I end up with less than 10 cs as a carry if I use unlocked.

---
Friendly reminder to get karma on your alts
#19RihawfPosted 1/13/2013 1:27:18 PM
People who say "LAQOFAWARENESS" kinda forgets the term is not exclusive to players who use locked camera. You know, you can still drag you camera on the mini map to see the action.
If you are using teleport, tf ult, etc etc you obviously will unlock it then lock again

That is, I do this myself because I can't concentrate.
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf| Nami main
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)
#20happyscrub1Posted 1/13/2013 1:38:29 PM
Who here DIDN"T know I lock myscreen within the last year? I also don't smartcast
---
http://happyscrub.com/eloenvy.jpg
You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here