Wait people still lock their screen? :O

#21cdemaresPosted 1/13/2013 2:42:00 PM
I play locked all the time. I don't know why I wouldn't. It's rarely done me harm. I pay lots of attention to the mini-map, but not too much. I do fine. I just don't know how to move the camera easily (not using the mini-map) in unlocked. Even if I did, why bother with it for a few very-specific scenarios where it would matter? That's just how I feel about it.
#22Ultimate_ChaosPosted 1/13/2013 2:42:55 PM
I used to play with a locked camera. (Granted I did play singed and cho mostly)

What fixed it for me was just playing one game of DotA 2, that game doesn't even have the option of locking your camera as far as I know. Forced me into just dealing with it and learning it. Never went back since.
---
I HAVE CHORTLES
#23POkemon_PoWeRPosted 1/13/2013 2:43:50 PM
Dredj posted...
Protip - Space bar locks on your champion for as long as you hold it.

So unlock that camera and just use space bar when you need to.

Protip - You can just press Y to unlock your camera, move it to see action/teleport/etc and then press Y again to go back to locked.
---
I'm the best player here. The rest of you aren't as good as me-ninja1357
LoL IGN: m0bilize (NA)
#24ExalxPosted 1/13/2013 2:49:33 PM
Everyone can be played with a locked screen.

Everyone can also build AP Darius.
---
Monster Hunter Tri: Exalx (2ZFG9Y) HR:130+
#25xXDEATHXx19Posted 1/13/2013 2:50:36 PM
locked screen, don't wanna see why the team is doing horribly
#26shingo fanPosted 1/13/2013 2:52:12 PM(edited)
happyscrub1 posted...
Who here DIDN"T know I lock myscreen within the last year? I also don't smartcast

*raises hand*

But that's only because I started playing a few months ago.

Also, I have a question to all the guys who play with locked screens: have you ever played an RTS before? I'm asking this because I have this theory that many, if not all, locked-screen players don't have experience with games that let you freely look at any part of the map (i.e. RTS), which disorients them.
---
Question: What is with the internet's love of hyperbole?
#27RikuWOblivion2Posted 1/13/2013 2:52:47 PM
I hold spacebar most of the game, then when I need to look at stuff I just let go. Easy enough.
---
Just call my name, you'll be okay, your scream is BURNING through my veins
http://www.centsports.com/ref/673351
#28EcchiBakaPosted 1/13/2013 2:55:56 PM
I've played unlocked far too much that when I do lock it makes the game feel restricted...
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka
Currently reading: Freezing, To-Love-Ru, and a lot of other titles
#29Mander1861Posted 1/13/2013 3:13:56 PM
It's funny how many people here think they are pro when in the grand scheme of LoL, they are Hawt garbage.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#30DartkunPosted 1/13/2013 3:23:14 PM
Mander1861 posted...
It's funny how many people here think they are pro when in the grand scheme of LoL, they are Hawt garbage.

Yeah, 99.9% of League players will never ever go pro. So why bother even trying to play optimally.

In fact, 99.9% of anything you do, you'll never really be proficient in. So why bother even trying?

There's a difference between "I'M ****ING MLG PRO SO I USE UNLOCKED. LOL NOOB Y U EVEN PLAY IF UR PLAYING LOCKED LOL"

and "Well, logically one is superior... and if I want to get a slight edge by trying something different for a week. That sounds like something I can do"
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius