Wait people still lock their screen? :O

#31CosmosYearsPosted 1/13/2013 3:27:08 PM
I would think anyone who's played any kind of RTS game would be driven insane if they couldn't look around the map freely.
---
Number of people who have said, "Listen to Cosmos": 32
LOL IGN: Aladair
#32SyxxPakk6Posted 1/13/2013 3:27:58 PM
If you prefer locked and don't want to always hold space but want to have quick access to unlocked some times.

GO TO KEYBINDS
Just rebind lock/unlock to space. Then instead of holding space to lock you can tap space and swap between locked and unlocked. If you're looking over map unlocked and hit space it auto owes back to locked and centered

Play how you like but this is easier than always holding space.
---
Gamertag - I S Y X X l | BF3 Battlelog - xI6ISYXXI6Ix
LoL: Trippi | D3: Syxx#1770 | GW2 Trippi / Fistkicks
#33mrmonstrPosted 1/13/2013 3:28:32 PM
shingo fan posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
Who here DIDN"T know I lock myscreen within the last year? I also don't smartcast

*raises hand*

But that's only because I started playing a few months ago.

Also, I have a question to all the guys who play with locked screens: have you ever played an RTS before? I'm asking this because I have this theory that many, if not all, locked-screen players don't have experience with games that let you freely look at any part of the map (i.e. RTS), which disorients them.

LoL was my first RTS game. And yup I can completely relate to your post :)

But seriously I don't see why it matters (mabye in higher levelled play? I'm only lvl 15 still) But I've never felt I needed to see more because of the minimap. Any kind of enemy ability is close enough to see on my screen or can be seen on minimap (ashe/ezreal)
#34SirFeedPosted 1/13/2013 3:34:39 PM
Seems more dramatic and movie like if you lock the screen
---
I am a turtle
Ign: Sir Feed
#35hibbijoPosted 1/13/2013 3:38:28 PM
I rebind spacebar to toggle.
---
JOGU.WEBS.COM
~Is my creative side? >.O
#36Mander1861Posted 1/13/2013 3:49:20 PM
Dartkun posted...
Mander1861 posted...
It's funny how many people here think they are pro when in the grand scheme of LoL, they are Hawt garbage.

Yeah, 99.9% of League players will never ever go pro. So why bother even trying to play optimally.

In fact, 99.9% of anything you do, you'll never really be proficient in. So why bother even trying?

There's a difference between "I'M ****ING MLG PRO SO I USE UNLOCKED. LOL NOOB Y U EVEN PLAY IF UR PLAYING LOCKED LOL"

and "Well, logically one is superior... and if I want to get a slight edge by trying something different for a week. That sounds like something I can do"

I can agree with this.
Except this is Gamefaqs and most responses are condescending in some way.
Just like mine.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#37dennis941012(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 3:54:16 PM
shingo fan posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
Who here DIDN"T know I lock myscreen within the last year? I also don't smartcast

*raises hand*

But that's only because I started playing a few months ago.

Also, I have a question to all the guys who play with locked screens: have you ever played an RTS before? I'm asking this because I have this theory that many, if not all, locked-screen players don't have experience with games that let you freely look at any part of the map (i.e. RTS), which disorients them.

LoL was my first RTS game. And yup I can completely relate to your post :)

But seriously I don't see why it matters (mabye in higher levelled play? I'm only lvl 15 still) But I've never felt I needed to see more because of the minimap. Any kind of enemy ability is close enough to see on my screen or can be seen on minimap (ashe/ezreal)

meh if you play starcraft brood wars for even 1 game locked (yeah yeah yeah there is no option for it in 1st place I think :O)
you get the point :{
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#38Unbridled9Posted 1/13/2013 4:06:38 PM
I main Vi who rushes all over the place with her Q and ult. I need to keep the screen locked, especially in the heat of combat, to know just where she is.

People who insist that you play locked are stupid.

People who insist that you play unlocked are just as stupid.
---
Math with Vi!
My 2 fists - 1 of your face = 1 dead foe.
#39SlaynPosted 1/13/2013 6:12:33 PM
I tried locked screen today for a few seconds. The vision impairment is HUGE.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#40MizunoRyuuPosted 1/13/2013 7:30:03 PM
I've tried it a couple of times, but it's just really weird and I don't understand how anyone could consider it better than unlocked.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...