So how are you supposed to build/play Elise?

#11CheezWhizXPosted 1/13/2013 2:30:12 PM
_HeX posted...
CheezWhizX posted...
Dota2 posted...
win your lane

lose the game

etc.

AP and Magic Pen
Q > W >E

>BUILDING AP ON ELISE

my sides.

Anyways OP, build up Haunting Guise + Sorc Boots then rush straight Warmog's + any other health items. Elise's AP ratios are ass enough where going tank is more viable.

lol this post

oh so misinformed

my sides.

Elise literally has a single ability that's even somewhat worth it to get AP on. Her other 5 skills don't need AP at all. So why waste gold on it and get blown up 2-3 seconds in a teamfight because you're in melee range with a bunch of AD casters and in line of sight of the AD carry when you can build Sunfire's/Warmogs and survive the whole fight?

What does more damage, an Elise with no AP that survives the whole teamfight or an Elise with AP that dies 2 seconds into the teamfight?
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
PKMN Diamond FC: 0560 6381 4898
#12_HeXPosted 1/13/2013 2:34:09 PM
CheezWhizX posted...
_HeX posted...
CheezWhizX posted...
Dota2 posted...
win your lane

lose the game

etc.

AP and Magic Pen
Q > W >E

>BUILDING AP ON ELISE

my sides.

Anyways OP, build up Haunting Guise + Sorc Boots then rush straight Warmog's + any other health items. Elise's AP ratios are ass enough where going tank is more viable.

lol this post

oh so misinformed

my sides.

Elise literally has a single ability that's even somewhat worth it to get AP on. Her other 5 skills don't need AP at all. So why waste gold on it and get blown up 2-3 seconds in a teamfight because you're in melee range with a bunch of AD casters and in line of sight of the AD carry when you can build Sunfire's/Warmogs and survive the whole fight?

What does more damage, an Elise with no AP that survives the whole teamfight or an Elise with AP that dies 2 seconds into the teamfight?

Are you trying to convince me building straight up damage on an assassin isn't worth it? With enough AP you can easily assassinate the enemy adc in a teamfight, maybe you'll die doing so but you just removed their biggest damage threat in the process.

You build Elise depending on what your team needs, if your team has has initiators and tanks you should go AP with Zhonyas and GA to make sure you don't blow up. If they don't, you build bruiser. Saying she isn't viable as an AP carry/assassin is just pure BS.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#13RhaemePosted 1/13/2013 2:37:21 PM
Elise has low ratios and % health magic damage. She's best served to go a combination of cdr, tanky, and magic pen. The magic pen keeps the damage close to true (considering it doesn't scale with AP, the % at least), cdr lets her cast it more often, and tanky items let her stay in the fight longer to deal more damage.

She's an assassin in that she can frontload a lot of damage but she needs to stay in to keep doing so.
---
Voltron had cats for arms. So when he punched you, you got mauled by cats. - Cereburus Q
Rhaeme made me lol irl --- lalak
#14CheezWhizXPosted 1/13/2013 2:39:52 PM
_HeX posted...

Are you trying to convince me building straight up damage on an assassin isn't worth it? With enough AP you can easily assassinate the enemy adc in a teamfight, maybe you'll die doing so but you just removed their biggest damage threat in the process.

You build Elise depending on what your team needs, if your team has has initiators and tanks you should go AP with Zhonyas and GA to make sure you don't blow up. If they don't, you build bruiser. Saying she isn't viable as an AP carry/assassin is just pure BS.

When you're an Assassin like Elise who literally has no escape except that just puts you back into the enemy team depending on how you use it, yeah. It's not worth it. You can straight up assassinate their AD Carry but besides the ridiculous amount of factors that involves (like any competent team stunning you right after jump), you can't reliably do such a thing.

And going AP but being able to afford Zhonya's and GA + good enough AP means either you got farmed to the point where you're ridiculously ahead of the opponent and it doesn't even matter what you build or it's like 60 minutes into the game, where your job isn't doing anything but protecting your AD Carry because see above.

I never said she wasn't viable as an assassin. It's just laughable you would go that build when bruiser Elise is so much better because you can actually survive the teamfights that occur right after laning phase unless you're in some horrible ELO where laning phase goes on for 30 minutes. Sorry, but you're not going to have GA + Zhonya's to protect you midgame.
---
I sense a disturbance in the force.
PKMN Diamond FC: 0560 6381 4898
#15SirFeedPosted 1/13/2013 2:43:42 PM
_HeX posted...
CheezWhizX posted...
_HeX posted...
CheezWhizX posted...
Dota2 posted...
win your lane

lose the game

etc.

AP and Magic Pen
Q > W >E

>BUILDING AP ON ELISE

my sides.

lol this post

oh so misinformed

my sides.

Its pretty much impossible for a full ap Elise to assassinate an ADC in a teamfight. She won't be able to use her human Q or W on the ADC because she will be zoned by the bruiser. When she jumps on the ADC with spider form she will be instantly stunned and die since she built full AP; her Q does crap damage without health missing.
---
I am a turtle
Ign: Sir Feed
#16_HeXPosted 1/13/2013 2:53:15 PM
I honestly couldn't care less about your "Theorycrafting" because I'm currently 16/4 with Elise in ranked and most of those matches I've been going AP carry build. It's working for me, if you can't get it to work then that's more your problem than it is mine. Elise is perfectly viable built AP.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.