Why do people hate on Nidalee support?

#21AirsoftcomebackPosted 1/13/2013 9:48:50 PM
Thos guy calls reehoof bad but swears irelia scales harder then Jax.

Lmao what a scrub
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1555051/cle.gif http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1875n6uzefjuxgif/original.gif
LOL IGN: Paintballreturns
#22dennis941012Posted 1/13/2013 9:59:49 PM
dennis941012 posted...
_HeX posted...
How are they gonna get to you when you can easily dodge Blitz hooks with Pounce and you have traps all over the brushes? I have had great success with playing Nidalee support, rarely lose a lane but sometimes we lose lategame. I just don't think it's fair to blame that on the support unless you're doing something really stupid like getting caught over and over.

You're not going to realistically dodge every engage. If the best players in League of Legends can still get hooked by Blitz, you can too. Just because bad ELO Blitzcranks can't hook you doesn't mean every single Blitz ever won't be able to hook you.

You're thinking of the situation as going perfectly for you and terribly for the opposing bot lane. That doesn't happen. You're going to make mistakes and while other supports can afford making mistakes (Leona's crazy defensive stats, Blitz's shield, etc.), Nidalee cannot. You're not going to sit here and tell me you play perfectly and never get caught every single game.

And the reason you lose lategame is because Nidalee in general has nothing going for her lategame. She's only picked competitively because of her insane ability to splitpush, which you're probably not going to do as support Nidalee. Sona has an AOE stun, Blitz has a gamechanging hook, Leona has one of the hardest engages in the game, Nunu has a ridiculous ADC steroid + ADC debuff, Lulu has a massive health boost + infinite slows, etc.

What does Nidalee have going for her besides a nerfed heal that only gives a weaker Nunu's steroid and an unreliable poke? Why not just pick Nunu then? People don't hate on her, it's just there's little reason to pick her outside of her being a fun champion.

umm no >_>
with proper warding you can easily dodge every skill shot unless something unexpected comes (tp gank bottom) which in any case would cause normal support to die as well. Anyway supports job is to keep the carry alive and with 0 hard CC she can't peel for your carry all you will be is another ap carry that wards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPX6oPDo3MA

13:25.

These are some of the best players in NA and they still can get hooked. And that's not even a incredible-looking Blitz hook, it's just an average Blitz hook. The same thing will happen to Nidalee.

thats soraka's fault for not keeping distance against blitz as raka and getting too near ezreal >_>
+ its not like raka has higher MS than blitzcrank with his W active

with no boots nidalee has 385 MS
with tier 1 boots 414 ms
that is her HUMAN form as well
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#23LordClydePosted 1/14/2013 5:34:34 AM
Nid support is actually pretty decent.. until she falls out.
#24CheeseItBagginsPosted 1/14/2013 5:48:52 AM
I hate Nidalee period because I am a spear magnet.
---
KingofAsia's sister is my waifu
#25Herostratus_Posted 1/14/2013 6:26:48 AM
Nid support is kinda.... hit or miss XD

anyway, Aphoristic loves Nid support. Come post in this topic Aphorisitc.
---
LoL IGN: Yossarian42
#26hunkajunk94Posted 1/14/2013 6:32:14 AM
Lack of hard CC and skill shot harass.

Dodge the spear and what have you got? An ADC gift wrapped because his support can't peel.
#27GameEnforcerPosted 1/14/2013 6:36:57 AM
Because like alot of supports they end up going off doing their own thing and not really playing support mid-late game(see lux as well). Go off an start building pure dps items like Rabadons deathcap etc.
---
Summoner : Kuroeien
#28mistrfantasyPosted 1/14/2013 6:41:36 AM
lee sin is a better support then nidalee
#29eaglei3Posted 1/14/2013 7:04:43 AM
dennis941012 posted...
dennis941012 posted...
_HeX posted...
How are they gonna get to you when you can easily dodge Blitz hooks with Pounce and you have traps all over the brushes? I have had great success with playing Nidalee support, rarely lose a lane but sometimes we lose lategame. I just don't think it's fair to blame that on the support unless you're doing something really stupid like getting caught over and over.

You're not going to realistically dodge every engage. If the best players in League of Legends can still get hooked by Blitz, you can too. Just because bad ELO Blitzcranks can't hook you doesn't mean every single Blitz ever won't be able to hook you.

You're thinking of the situation as going perfectly for you and terribly for the opposing bot lane. That doesn't happen. You're going to make mistakes and while other supports can afford making mistakes (Leona's crazy defensive stats, Blitz's shield, etc.), Nidalee cannot. You're not going to sit here and tell me you play perfectly and never get caught every single game.

And the reason you lose lategame is because Nidalee in general has nothing going for her lategame. She's only picked competitively because of her insane ability to splitpush, which you're probably not going to do as support Nidalee. Sona has an AOE stun, Blitz has a gamechanging hook, Leona has one of the hardest engages in the game, Nunu has a ridiculous ADC steroid + ADC debuff, Lulu has a massive health boost + infinite slows, etc.

What does Nidalee have going for her besides a nerfed heal that only gives a weaker Nunu's steroid and an unreliable poke? Why not just pick Nunu then? People don't hate on her, it's just there's little reason to pick her outside of her being a fun champion.

umm no >_>
with proper warding you can easily dodge every skill shot unless something unexpected comes (tp gank bottom) which in any case would cause normal support to die as well. Anyway supports job is to keep the carry alive and with 0 hard CC she can't peel for your carry all you will be is another ap carry that wards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPX6oPDo3MA

13:25.

These are some of the best players in NA and they still can get hooked. And that's not even a incredible-looking Blitz hook, it's just an average Blitz hook. The same thing will happen to Nidalee.

thats soraka's fault for not keeping distance against blitz as raka and getting too near ezreal >_>
+ its not like raka has higher MS than blitzcrank with his W active

with no boots nidalee has 385 MS
with tier 1 boots 414 ms
that is her HUMAN form as well

If people are somehow able to dodge every Blitz hook, then I guess they will be able to dodge everyone of Nid's spears. Such a useless support Nid is then.

Not joking around, wards run out in lane eventually. Even if blitz doesn't get hooks, most good Blitz are successful in denying the enemy ADC CS by positioning. With Nid support, the ADC has to be extra careful against a Blitz, as Nid has no CC to try and save the ADC once they are caught by the hook.
---
My recent discovery: Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity.
#30RihawfPosted 1/14/2013 7:18:26 AM
Airsoftcomeback posted...
Thos guy calls reehoof bad but swears irelia scales harder then Jax.

Lmao what a scrub

shh, let the liar believe in his own lies
---
LoL NA IGN: MyakkoFirst|steam: rihawf| Nami main
League of Legends BR IGN: Rihawf (who'd know?)