How to build Fizz?

#1OnslaughtOfGodsPosted 1/14/2013 1:29:52 AM
He's a nifty little AP monster, and that W dot is nasty. What should I change here to make it even nastier?

Sorc Shoes
Nashor's Tooth
Rabadon's Deathcap
Will of the Ancients/Hextech Gunblade
Voidstaff
Lich Bane
---
You're not even strong enough to kill my boredom
#2Stalky24Posted 1/14/2013 1:34:56 AM
Never ever EVER build anything with Spell Vamp on it.
Ever.
#3OnslaughtOfGods(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 1:36:36 AM
Stalky24 posted...
Ever.

So a better item would be something like Phantom Dancer? Also, why not? Does his DoT not proc spell vamp?
---
#4BerserkFGriffthPosted 1/14/2013 1:36:48 AM
Lich Bane > Deathcap > Void/Zhonyas > Void/Zhonyas > GA
---
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/Shenneh/Gifs%20Sora/d6f4073a17f3c6ae431f6c4in5.jpg
#5Stalky24Posted 1/14/2013 1:41:51 AM
OnslaughtOfGods posted...
Stalky24 posted...
Ever.

So a better item would be something like Phantom Dancer? Also, why not? Does his DoT not proc spell vamp?

Only useful thing on Phantom Dancer is ability to ignore colisions, which Fizz has for free.
Neither his W or his Q proc spell vamp and his E and R are AoE, which means 1/3 effectiveness.

Lichbane, Deathcap, Zhonyia's, Deathfire Grasp, Abyssal Scepter are all good pickups.
There are several ways to use Fizz, but these items prepare you for most common one: AP Assassin.
Usually open with a Doran's ring and Sheen and see where that takes you. After Sheen rush Needlessly Large Rod and you are open with 3 options:
Do you do well overall? Deathcap
Do you get bursted/caught into combos? Zhonya's
Do you need to increase your singletarget burst? Deathfire Grasp.

After either of those items finish Lichbane.
#6Luster_SlyPosted 1/14/2013 1:52:44 AM(edited)
Sorcs
Deathcap
Lichbane
Zhonyas/Abyssal/GA
DFG
Zhonyas/Abyssal/GA

in that order. Get a sheen early, after deathcap build it into Lichbane.
---
http://i.imgur.com/4WWRR.png
#7OnslaughtOfGods(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 2:40:56 AM
Stalky24 posted...
OnslaughtOfGods posted...
Stalky24 posted...
Ever.

Only useful thing on Phantom Dancer is ability to ignore colisions, which Fizz has for free.
Neither his W or his Q proc spell vamp and his E and R are AoE, which means 1/3 effectiveness.

Lichbane, Deathcap, Zhonyia's, Deathfire Grasp, Abyssal Scepter are all good pickups.
There are several ways to use Fizz, but these items prepare you for most common one: AP Assassin.
Usually open with a Doran's ring and Sheen and see where that takes you. After Sheen rush Needlessly Large Rod and you are open with 3 options:
Do you do well overall? Deathcap
Do you get bursted/caught into combos? Zhonya's
Do you need to increase your singletarget burst? Deathfire Grasp.

After either of those items finish Lichbane.

WOW I melted through people using this. Fizz kicks ass
---
#8l3lueJACKrabbitPosted 1/14/2013 10:17:53 PM
Luster_Sly posted...
Sorcs
Deathcap
Lichbane
Zhonyas/Abyssal/GA
DFG
Zhonyas/Abyssal/GA

in that order. Get a sheen early, after deathcap build it into Lichbane.

When you get comfortable enough with Fizz, against certain matchups it's viable (and recommended) to run a full ap rune page (ap/lvl yellows and blues with flat ap quints) and just rush a Lich Bane. It makes your roaming much better and you apply more lane pressure as well.
---
Knicks City
#9Stalky24Posted 1/14/2013 10:21:48 PM(edited)
Actually rushing Lichbane first is not that bad in S3 as it was S2. Since Lichbane was changed to be 50+75% AP Lichbane alone doubles Sheen proc, on the other hand, it makes full ap rune page a bit less viable. Id suggest getting one Doran's Ring before Lichbane.
#10l3lueJACKrabbitPosted 1/14/2013 10:24:29 PM
Stalky24 posted...
Actually rushing Lichbane first is not that bad in S3 as it was S2. Since Lichbane was changed to be 50+75% AP Lichbane alone doubles Sheen proc, on the other hand, it makes full ap rune page a bit less viable. Id suggest getting one Doran's Ring before Lichbane.

It was good in season 2 and in my experience the Lich Bane changes haven't made it any better or worse in season 3 (it no longer grants mres but it's cheaper).
And when I said rush Lich Bane I meant get two Dorans before your Sheen. Whether you're snowballing or not the hp is very helpful.
---
Knicks City