What was your biggest misconception when you started LoL?

#1mc_marinerPosted 1/14/2013 10:08:34 AM
In my very first game (playing as Garen), I didn't understand why my friend was telling me to buy a bow (Last Whisper) as a sword user. I was immediately ashamed when he explained it to me. When I was just generally new to the game, I didn't understand hot to build based on how the game was going. It was more or less just build pure damage or pure tank based on who I played.

What was your misconception that you're ashamed of?
---
________(====()_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_'',
I_______/'''''''''[{]''''''''{_)_)_)_)_)_}
#2BondedByBloodPosted 1/14/2013 10:09:59 AM
I thought Bruises would deal the most damage
---
I'm DaddyZeus67 from Metal-Archives
#3b0omstickPosted 1/14/2013 10:11:05 AM
minions didn't really matter...... Oh how I was wrong lol
#4WayavasPosted 1/14/2013 10:11:18 AM
I used to think Master Yi was the strongest champion
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#5vermillion719Posted 1/14/2013 10:11:50 AM
"Ionic Spark is a REALLY good item. It gives a lot of AS, which helps kick that passive that lets me clear minions more easily."
---
"Why don't you just take this picture for what it is? Teemo being stuffed and mounted by renek." - Serenderpity
LoL Name: Thanamar
#6Master_strikerPosted 1/14/2013 10:12:20 AM
Wait till you have the amount of gold need to buy an item and not buy it little by little

Boy was i ever wrong.
---
yooooooo
#7Karmic Dragon2003Posted 1/14/2013 10:12:24 AM
I thought I was supposed to help my creeps damage the enemy creeps and thought "Haha this sucker isn't damaging my creeps at all!" and then I got ganked.
---
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 164 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.
#8SorrySleepingPosted 1/14/2013 10:14:54 AM
I thought Flash was Global and Teleport was useless because of it. I wasted my first three flashes when I finally got to level 14 testing it.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#9funkys-flightsPosted 1/14/2013 10:16:38 AM
New to mobas I didn't understand distinct roles, so I related it to something like Xmen legends, thinking every champ had kill and damage potential

Janna was one of my first champs, and use to propose a lot "why not add a damage aspect to monsoon?" Lolap janna....at least I played it when it was kind of a thing, pre ratio nerfs.

My other thought was deathcap only stacked it's passive to your current ap, not cumulative, meaning the most effective time to buy it was last
---
................ ~...............
anoche sone contigo ;)
#10ZeroisaheroPosted 1/14/2013 10:17:06 AM
SorrySleeping posted...
I thought Flash was Global and Teleport was useless because of it. I wasted my first three flashes when I finally got to level 14 testing it.

this lol