i would like my next loss to be my fault

#11CheeseItBagginsPosted 1/15/2013 1:06:32 AM
TriangularTwig posted...
have you read these stories about the teammates i get placed with

i admit i do really poorly sometimes, but the vast majority of the time my team loses it's not because I did something wrong. i try to calmly explain to my team what they are doing wrong. but when you're dying because your blitz is doing their Sion's job for them and you beg him to stop and he doesn't then what do you do? what amount of skill will benefit me in that situation

It's an illusion that you can get to 'elo hell' solely by getting bad matchups.
Admittedly, there's a lot of people who play poorly, but more often than not, other people say 'Why did I get matched with this idiot' about you (or me) as well.
---
KingofAsia's sister is my waifu
#12arik87Posted 1/15/2013 1:10:20 AM
CheeseItBaggins posted...
TriangularTwig posted...

i admit i do really poorly sometimes, but the vast majority of the time my team loses it's not because I did something wrong. i try to calmly explain to my team what they are doing wrong. but when you're dying because your blitz is doing their Sion's job for them and you beg him to stop and he doesn't then what do you do? what amount of skill will benefit me in that situation

Admittedly, there's a lot of people who play poorly, but more often than not, other people say 'Why did I get matched with this idiot' about you (or me) as well.

When I try to coordinate the team every match, go positive every match, farm well every match, and follow others instructions when they wish to lead the team, and STILL get kids who either LEAVE or feed EVERY LANE, I call it getting to elo hell with bad matchups.
---
This message brought to you by Webster's Dictionary. Fighting Ebonics since 1994.
#13TriangularTwig(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 1:12:51 AM(edited)
No they don't. I win my lanes, I don't get caught, I initiate only when it's smart to, I know how to adapt for specific situations, etc. all things that my teammates can't seem to do. i win my lane probably 85% of the time (unless I'm bot lane, in which case it's more like 60/40) and even counter jungle and gank other lanes, most of the time successfully. i help my teammates as much as I can and play smart.

sometimes people do complain about me, like that talon who tried to 1v5 to get the enemies vayne was complaining that I wasn't doing the same thing. most of the time people complain that I didn't do soething dumb like get caught and die with them (even when I ping caution and am obviously fleeing, people blame me when they go in alone)

so yeah, I don't trust anybody else's complaints. they will blame anybody for their shortcomings. im willing to admit to the ones I have and try to work on them
#14supershadonicPosted 1/15/2013 1:19:14 AM
Its the match making system's problem. I always get paired with ELO Frame people and I am always up against Honored... and the UNELOed Honored end up kicking my team mates butt.

They should have just prioritized it this way that premades are most likely paired against other premades instead of 1 team being 5 premades and other being totally random people.

And yes... you havn't been to EU Nordic East dude. There its from s*** to poop. You get like 6 AFKs each 10 games and none on enemy side because people tend to walk in 5 premades so others won't AFK on them. In NA I was 30 Wins above my normal losses. In EUNE... I'm always in a runnerband with my losses.
#15thefearedmonstrPosted 1/15/2013 1:47:16 AM
arik87 posted...
TriangularTwig posted...

When I try to coordinate the team every match, go positive every match, farm well every match, and follow others instructions when they wish to lead the team, and STILL get kids who either LEAVE or feed EVERY LANE, I call it getting to elo hell with bad matchups.

And this is exactly why you're low elo: you think this game is all about stats. Protip: it's not.
---
Everything I say is the truth. There will be no discussion
#16TriangularTwig(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 1:56:28 AM
arik87 posted...
TriangularTwig posted...

And this is exactly why you're low elo: you think this game is all about stats. Protip: it's not.

what about me? nothing i said was about stats
#17g-cube_mastaPosted 1/15/2013 1:59:39 AM
what elo are you
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#18TriangularTwig(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 2:01:34 AM(edited)
~1200. my first 10 matches i had horrible match ups. ive been steadily climbing up ever since but i'm being hindered by terrible players
#19Reaper_MinionPosted 1/15/2013 3:23:50 AM
Keep playing. Obviously, luck is a factor, but if you really are better than the people you get matched up with, you will eventually climb up. It could take long because your Elo has players of varying skill levels (1200-1400 is where most people end up after placement matches), but it will happen.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#20RimewindmasterPosted 1/15/2013 3:31:40 AM
Losing is overrated.
---
I love a good cold, adore a fine snow shower, and revel in blizzards